1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tari Eason too good to ignore

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Lachard Binkley, Oct 9, 2022.

1. Lachard Binkley

2. vator

vator Contributing Member

I’m full steam ahead on the Tari Eason hype now. I’m not going to lie, I have been SUPER impressed by his overall game.

#2 vator, Oct 10, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2022
  3. jim1961

jim1961 Member

This must be the 14th Tari Eason thread. How can you think he is being ignored?

4. Reeko

Reeko Member

Tari should be starting RIGHT NOW

5. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Damn this video got me hyped.

I feel like we might have drafted Kawhi (Tari) AND Rashard Lewis with top 5 defense (Bari). So nice to have hope.

6. VoR

VoR Member

I give him 10-1 odds at ROY at this point.

7. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Dude has a 35 PER.......LOL

[​IMG]

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

My favorite player to watch this year.

DD

9. King1

King1 Contributing Member

He definitely should be the starter

10. Jontro

Jontro Member

iono brehs… need to see him play a bit more to judge. maybe after his 3rd season…

Plowman likes this.
  11. HangTime

HangTime Member

Love the hustle, he’s so smooth and high energy.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Too good to ignore or not good enough threads.....

Drift Monkey and Jontro like this.
  13. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

His spacing is awful in part because he anticipates a shot and goes for the offensive board. That doesn't work if we don't shoot it and instead it all gets clogged up and usually a turnover. Happened several times with Josh play making and either Josh has to stop and pop or take a tough floater because there is terrible spacing and bad angles all over the court.

14. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

That Tari & Bari frontcourt combo is going to be tough. Man the Rockets hit a homerun for the second year in a row.

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

16. alethios

alethios Member

The dude is everywhere on the court. I swear sometimes there are two Tari's out there. He's that good.

A guy with his defense, intangibles and ease of scoring is going to be good for a long time.

17. Ancient Moabite

You are on point, and I kind of see the method to the madness where Lucas said he was a so called ''better Rodman'', being that while he won't be the rebound monster, the balance is Tari is more than capable of consistently getting a sneak 15-20ppg (with 8-10 boards) where i think Rodman tapped out around 11/12ppg career high and flirted with 9-10ppg early in Pistons career but only around 8 or so for entire career

and Tari, like Rodman, has the ability to defend both the perimeter and small ball interior players without being overwhelmed outside of a few bigs in the game today, i know it's early but it feels like Tari has had more 20pt games in his summer/preseason games than all of Rodman's career combined

i would say Tari is Rodman-lite, because Rodman actually showcased that it could guard a Jordan on the perimeter early in career and later after bulking up guarded Shaq etc in the post, but Tari is like a new upgraded model defense version B Bowen / T Allen / Battier, while also showing off. flashes of young Spurs version of K Leonard and Pacers young Artest

Tari has that ability and will be extra scary once he develops into his next level nba vet body

burlesk, Drift Monkey and alethios like this.
  18. Juxtaposed Jolt

Because Eason wears #17, was the 17th overall pick and only has 14 threads about him, when there should be 17 total to achieve karmic balance.

I can't believe we're ignoring both Eason and karmic balance. Shameful CFers, I tell ya...

19. i3artow i3aller

“He’s here! He’s there! He’s every-f—ing-where! Eason! Eason!”

20. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Yeah he's crazy good tbh. I have no idea how he fell that far in the draft, lots of people with egg on their face their tbh. It's crazy when you think the same could've been said about Sengun last year, Stone's great at these steal picks.

AroundTheWorld and Drift Monkey like this.