1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How are the Golden State Warriors so good?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Juxtaposed Jolt, Nov 13, 2021.

1. Juxtaposed Jolt

The amount of Warriors "fans" defending Draymond in any way, shape or form all across social media, is so sad to see.

2. i3artow i3aller

#462 i3artow i3aller, Oct 7, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2022
    JumpMan and TimDuncanDonaut like this.
  3. KePoW

KePoW Contributing Member

I agree with this paragraph.

But I absolutely do not agree with this sentence. Of course there's been plenty of cases like I said. I'm not going to waste my time searching through Youtube though, I know I've seen it plenty of times.

Your youtube video was specifically labeled "NBA FIGHTS", which by definition means the creator searched for some level of physical altercation.

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

5. RocketsDraftTV

Delete

#465 RocketsDraftTV, Oct 7, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2022
    VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Saying or practically saying?

7. Juxtaposed Jolt

Not that you can replicate the Poole/Green altercation with any other in-game altercation (crowd noise, refs, teammates from both sides are all factors) but when's the last time you've seen a player walk a distance to another player and get up in his space all without a ref or a teammate or a coach or anyone else, ready to step in and disengage all parties from escalation? Factor in that both guys are on the same team, and there's most likely no precedence for this...at least, from the outside looking in.

I just think the mindset was different. Both parties can verbally spar, but I'm assuming Poole wasn't even close to even thinking about throwing hands, while Draymond already had something like that in mind while walking towards Poole.

You seem like you're saying Poole was wrong for simply trying to remove Draymond from his personal space. Hell, from the 'forceful shove,' Draymond didn't even move while Poole went backwards. That's how stout Draymond was. So from the shove, space was created...but Draymond went back for more, with his falcon punch.

Just weird to me that you're saying Poole should have just stood there against a guy bigger and stronger than he is - a guy who physically instigated this whole thing while all Poole did was physically stand there without moving towards Draymond at all.

Tough situation for Poole. Either get verbally **** on or get into a fight with Dray. Both situations, untenable.

Slyonebluejay and B-Bob like this.
  8. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Kermit Washington

NBA needs to suspend DG for the year. That conduct is completely unacceptable. This is a sport that's marketed to kids.

9. KePoW

KePoW Contributing Member

No I don't think there was anything wrong with Poole's shove actually. I was just presenting you with another option other than turning around and walking away. I'm ok with Poole's shove, or standing chest-to-chest.

And what's wrong with getting verbally **** on? Absolutely nothing wrong with that, how is that untenable?

I'm a huge believer in the adage "sticks and stones may break my bones, but words shall never hurt me". I think people who cannot withstand verbal insults are mentally weak (just my opinion). I think people should have thick skin and be insensitive when it comes to words.

That's just my life philosophy. I don't give a fk what anyone says to me, other than my direct trusted relatives. I'll just laugh and say something right back to them.

10. i3artow i3aller

11. jim1961

jim1961 Member

12. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

13. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

As if it needed any more confirmation....

Draymond Green is a piece of ****.

B-Bob likes this.
  14. i3artow i3aller

15. Juxtaposed Jolt

His replies are all just ******** on him for crying his way into the ASG lmaooooo

16. rhino17

rhino17 Member

That was worse than I thought it would be. Draymond unquestionably 100% at fault. Really bad look

B-Bob and Xerobull like this.
  17. TimDuncanDonaut

18. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

This is the epitome of messed up priorities.

19. foh

foh Member

edit: never mind...

20. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Green is a multi-millionaire professional athlete playing on a dynasty team. He’s living the dream. Yet, he always seems so angry and bitter. Needs psychological help, I guess.

B-Bob and foh like this.