1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Colts @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Sep 7, 2022.

1. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

A lot to say about today. But the burkhead circle jerk just absolutely drives me Latina ex gf batshit crazy.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  2. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Pitre was outstanding and Stingley played well. What did you expect? Pierce would have had an impact, especially in the second half, but our idiot coaching staff chose to sit him.

3. liveguy

liveguy Member

Houston Texans 2022 slogan:

“A Tie is better than a Loss”

juanm34 and Fulgore like this.
  4. J.R.

J.R. Member

Texas [​IMG] Texans
    We didn’t lose today. We just ran out of time.

5. Agent94

Agent94 Member

Cowboy fans. They were dogshit. I have CeeDee Lamb on my fantasy team, so I watch too much of whatever the cowboys were doing last night that slightly resembled football.

#905 Agent94, Sep 12, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2022
  6. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Yet it is not helping my season over/under bet. Lovie Smith take notice.

7. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Losing a lead like that just flat out sucks. Once you have a team that is "better" than you down you dont go into prevent "dont lose" defense and offense. Keep the foot on the gas enough to at least keep up with the other teams scoring. Was not impressed with Pep Hamiltons feel or timing for calling plays. Mills was "OK" .. game manager QB who did enough to win you the game. If Okoronkwo is going to play as much as he did he needs to be better at containing the edge. Defense was fine/good until they started playing passively and insecure or just flat out bad with little to no technique and discipline. Jerry Hughes was a stud. Pitre played well. Stingley was OK for his first game. Better than a loss, but after being up big thats a weak silver lining.

8. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

It reminded me a lot of the Kubiak days. Up early but didn’t have the killer instinct.

Verbal Christ likes this.
  9. wallyj12

wallyj12 Member

Remember when part of that narrative of trading deandre hopkins was to force Deshaun to stop narrowing in on him all the time? If the Texans want Davis to evolve they need to get rid of Burkhead for that reason. Either by coaching design or because that's Mills's safety blanket, the entire offense was revolving around getting the ball to Rex leaving it to third (and long) downs when mills would have to throw some desperation, errant pass to someone else to try and pick up 8+ yards ol Rex left behind.

The burkhead led offensive "attack" just goes perfectly along with the playing not to lose approach we saw yesterday. I dont know what Pierce did but he lost the coaches' confidence almost instantaneously. They were willing to let burkhead's limited abilities get what seemed like 80% of the snaps just so Pierce wouldnt be able to fumble, miss an assignment, etc. Im sure the colts defense loved seeing it

conquistador#11 likes this.
  10. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

I hope Pep Hamilton is a better OC moving forward. Koobs offenses never left a doubt - it was usually his defenses that would crap the bed. I didnt see any creativity from Pep. At times I looked around confused at the quick hitch routes, but then I would at least be content it wasnt a bubble screen. I get it though not condensing down to one or two plays in game 1 - just stylistically I was hoping for more after the extreme vanilla we saw in the preseason. Not sure why Pierce was not given more of a chance to impact the game in the 2nd half? If you're trying to keep the lead via ground and pound wouldnt running it with your most physical back be ideal? Hate to split atoms. Hoping for chemistry and comfort from the team in game 2 and beyond.

charlieaustin and cmoak1982 like this.
  11. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Lovie better start throwing Pierce out more to figure this **** out (the rest of the rookies got to play the entire game).

Burkhead is the backup, but should of been used if Pierce was injured. Not sure why he was used as a starter when he's just an afterthought. Hell, Mack would of been good to use instead of Burkhead.

12. SinceEverSince

So you saying we going undefeated? 0-0-17?

liveguy likes this.
  13. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah man, I don’t understand the Pierce situation. Don’t even claim he’s RB1 if that’s what you were going to do.

I thought Pep was solid after the first two drives, play action and throws down the seam were there. It was weird, beginning and end were terrible while the middle was solid.

14. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You and me both! It's like he poured vanilla over the team in the second half and settled for safe, boring, mindless baby steps moving the ball.

charlieaustin and Verbal Christ like this.
  15. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This!!!!!!!!!!!!

Verbal Christ and cmoak1982 like this.
  16. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Oof, 3rd time in Texans history that Texans have blew a 17 pt lead against Colts

17. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Denver -10.5 Sunday

Verbal Christ and cmoak1982 like this.
  18. J.R.

J.R. Member

19. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I was actually a little disappointed in Pitre today. There was at least a couple different times that he missed a tackle because he just threw his shoulder into someone instead of trying to wrap up. He's got to fix that. Maybe in college you could make tackles like that, but in the NFL everyone is bigger and stronger.

But for a first game, he really didn't embarass himself. I think he and Stingley both showed some real promise.

20. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, it’s probably going to be ugly