1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Alperen is our best player.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Francis3422, Dec 10, 2021.

1. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I don't care what he does during the summer but Drew league teams are probably better than Bulgaria.

There's been one Bulgarian born player in NBA history - that's right, it's Georgi Glouchkov.

#3001 SamFisher, Sep 3, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2022
    burlesk likes this.
  2. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

Gonna try to get this thread back on track.

this year is gonna be huge. CWood is gone and 3-4 players will get the opportunity to claim the alpha dog title for this team.

KPJ, Green Mamba, Al P, and Jabari will all get the chance to prove themselves as the best player on the team. Green and Jabari stand out the most but KPJ has all the talent in the world and Al P has the bbiq and skill to consistently make plays in the post.

I expect Green to step up and be the best player. 70% chance

Jabari is next, he will be a big shot maker. I’m not comparing him with Dirk or Curry. But as a rockets fan whenever those 2 would take a shot I would get nervous. I think Jabari has that potential

Al P and KPJ are both tied for me. Clear NBA talents but both have limitations. I do expect Al P to be the Center of the future. As I hope the Rockets get Scoot over Wemby. Still rooting for KPJ like hell though. I really hope he carves out a 6th man role for the Rockets. He needs to understand his role if we get Scoot Henderson

3. i3artow i3aller

C-Wood an alpha dog?
    [​IMG]

4. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

5. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

:p

CWood was a roach like pest who infested our lineups with his presence. Harsh but true

aaquaa, Jontro, Ankara1923 and 2 others like this.
  6. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

Alpi joined to the Turkish national team as the fourth man, he was behind of Larkin,Cedi,Korkmaz in pecking order but he might finish the tournament as "the guy".

Alpi is going to start Rockets season as the third guy, following JGreen and KPJ and might finish as the second guy at the end of the season following JGreen. Hope KPJ,Jabari,Tari,JayGup become very succesfull and Rockets starts to next season with 6 men strong core.

7. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

Drew league teams may beat Bulgaria, but that is irrelevant from Alpi's perspective. These games are serious games with actual defensive and offensive schemes. Winning counts, you play under pressure. Considering that many in the rockets roster have never played an actual competitive game, this is quite important. And yes Bulgaria is weak, but this is not the only team ge will play against. Many nba players are in the euro competition. Overall, this is much better for him to play than drew league.

8. hakeemthagreat

He was our best big last year

9. burlesk

burlesk Serious business
    Supporting Member

Agree on everything, except the Green Mamba nickname. RIP Kobe, you were a great player, but I'm out on that one.

You can Venmo me my 2 cents -- thanks!

some of these people posting like they paying for their kids college 2 cents at a time...

cmoak1982 likes this.
  10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Green is Bucket
    KPJ is Scoot

DD

11. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Against a team that has no NBA player. Let’s not overreact.

12. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

lol speaking as if c wood owns the rockets...
    cwood is just a peon.. the true roaches are still here and thriving

13. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

This is from the last year's summer league. How much Sengun grown-up phsycally, amazing.

It is also nice to see how he finishes now. Check 2:15 in video and yesterday's finish against Bulgaria (reverse dunk). Huge progress.

Rashmon, D-rock, aaquaa and 4 others like this.
  14. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

Who Tillman?

15. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

i miss watching Kobe carving up defenses. I’ll drop the name out of respect for one of the greats

burlesk likes this.
  16. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

Al P is clearly the most talented and already the best player on the Turkish team.

im so excited to see Christopher and Tari too. It’s good to be a Rockets fan

17. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Drift Monkey and Ankara1923 like this.
  18. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

btw good lord his head snap is hardenesque!

Drift Monkey, Believe It! and D-rock like this.
  19. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

its seems turkiye coach thinks alpi is not a great player just like stephen silas

Drift Monkey and aaquaa like this.
  20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Turkey has no plan, no hierarchy, they just all go 1 v 5 at times......

Sengun is a good player, but his faults are going to limit him, IMHO.....

We REALLY need an athletic shot blocking big to compliment our team.....and add variety.

Maybe Fernando, maybe Caulie Stein, maybe Boban - but we need a real rim protector as Sengun is not it.

DD

34to11 and bluffkin like this.