1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets reach buyout agreement with John Wall

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jun 27, 2022.

1. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Wow, you really are a **** human being.

34to11 likes this.
  2. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Not mad at him at all. Lots of folks lose parents , including myself, But he stated he wanted to commit suicide? Really? That’s really dramatic. I just don’t buy it. That’s my opinion. People have to deal with set backs everyday, including losing people. It’s life man. Sounds like a great story though.

Rockets34Legend likes this.
  3. PhiSlammaJamma

Tom Brady is dealing with life's shiot right now too. It's just a reminder that nobody can escape life's beat down. We are all people. And suicide happens all the time. So while it's hard for me to fathom how someone gets there, they do, so I believe him. He has a lot to lose by saying it out loud if you ask me, and little to gain.

4. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

First, I am truly sorry to hear about your mother. My family and I went through similar experiences with both my grandpa and grandma struggling to hold on after strokes. That feeling of sadness and helplessness is not something I would wish upon any fellow human.

At the same time, I do feel you are being a tad bit disengenous about things here though. While the emotions felt are definitely the same, the circumstances most definitely are not. The difference between someone who has money and someone who doesn't is stark. It is the difference between setting up your loved one in a posh suite in MD Anderson's Rose zone with the best medicine and medical personnel that humanity has to offer vs watching them slowly slip away from you in some understaffed hospital or hospice. While both no doubt share the same feelings in the moment, I have to imagine knowing that you did everything humanly possible to ease your loved one into their passing hits differently than watching them suffer through pain because you couldn't provide the level of healthcare you know was available. Same mile, very different shoes and therefore very different circumstances.

5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I'm very familiar with the differences in healthcare Americans get in our country. That there can be such vast differences is something we, as Americans, should be ashamed of.

However, while I'm sure those two are grateful for your defense of their posts in the GARM on this topic, let's look at the truth. Every NBA player with any sort of decent contract, which the majority have, can provide topnotch health insurance and care for a loved one if they wish. A vicious and juvenile attack aimed at one in particular due to the size of his contract and his unique circumstances, a player I personally couldn't care less about now that he's left the Rockets, doesn't deserve defense, in my opinion. You go right ahead, however, if you wish. I'm beyond tired of the subject.

joshuaao, 34to11 and napalm06 like this.
  6. chenjy9

Supporting Member

I am not trying to defend them. Regardless of wealth, health issues are never something to joke about or attack. I am simply stating that wealth does make a difference even if the distress and sadness are the same.

7. hakeemthagreat

What does his salary have to do with his personal problems? You're mad bc he makes more money than you do, but he's more talented & put the work in

34to11 and JamesC like this.
  8. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

I just don’t buy that John Wall wanted to kill himself. It’s my opinion.

napalm06 likes this.
  9. PeppermintCandy

Wall and Paul George at Rico Hines Private Runs.
    If healthy, Wall's going to be a great addition to the Clippers.

10. hakeemthagreat

Who cares you don't buy it? Lol

jiggyfly, joshuaao, Denovo and 2 others like this.
  11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

There are some things money can't buy. For everything else, there's NBA guaranteed money.

12. chenjy9

Supporting Member

I remember a finance professor once telling my class "Money may not be able to buy happiness, but it can by the 2nd and 3rd most important things in life; comfort and entertainment."

Easy likes this.
  13. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

I find it hard to sympathize with a grown ass man who seeks out the company of street gangs. Sorry.

"show me who your friends are and I will tell you who you are"

14. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Yawn.
    I don't buy that he was in a street gang either but it doesn't stop him from throwing gang signs. John Wall is an idiot. A rich, talented idiot who "put in the work" but an idiot none the less.

15. 34to11

34to11 Member

You don't get to have one regarding someone else's pain or trauma.
    Humble yourself.

jiggyfly, Little Bit and red5rocket like this.
  16. hakeemthagreat

Idiot based off what? John Wall is one of the most charitable nba players in the nba. What have YOU done for your community?

red5rocket likes this.
  17. hakeemthagreat

Again, Wall has contributed millions of dollars & resources to underprivileged communities across the country. What exactly is your contribution again?

red5rocket likes this.
  18. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Gang affiliated / drug boy that plays in the nba. Moves well for that all snow white he does

19. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Yep throwing going signs is really helping the community. And that’s my point, he’s all over the place. Ask any of the parents who have lost kids or loved ones ( to gang violence) how they feel about gang violence and I’m sure they won’t give a rip about how much money he has or given. It’s just dumb, especially if you’re a public figure. Hell, he’s thrown up gang signs in NBA games before. No self awareness at all.So forgive me if I don’t believe every participle that falls out of his mouth. You can do what you want.

#279 TEXNIFICENT, Sep 3, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2022
  20. hakeemthagreat

Throwing up a gang signs isn't gang violence lol. You're projecting your own idiotic logic onto ppl you don't even know. Regardless, the MILLIONS he's donated to his community trumps anything you've done in life. John Wall has done this his own career and always been very charitable. Respect to him

jiggyfly likes this.