1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who is in the Rockets 9 man rotation and a James Harden return?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Lachard Binkley, Aug 7, 2022.

1. hakeemthagreat

He stat padded himself to impeccable levels here, kudos to him. But when we had a decent chance to get a ring, he QUIT. There is no way on earth any respectful Rocket fan should want this man back. Tilman has done a fantastic job rebuilding so far

2. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

That reflects positional roster spots but that's not really all that useful for this team because we have exactly one real PG on the roster(TyTy) and as a result functionally that's not how Silas played guys last year. For instance, even though Jaygup is a SG, he often was the backup PG last year. I think it's time we retire the 5 role concept and reduce it to simply guards, wings, and bigs. If I could be so bold:

Starting Guards: Green/KPJ
    Backup Guards:Jaygup/Mathews/Nix/TyTy

Starting Wings:Tate
    Backup Wings:KJ/Eason/Nwaba

Starting Bigs:Jabari/Sengun
    Backup Bigs:Bruno/Boban/Garuba/Eason/WCS

....Gordon likely will not finish season with the team, and I imagine they are going to keep him off back to backs as well and generally be very cautious with playing him. We get maybe 20-30 games out of him this year at best. For that reason, I'm leaving him off the depth chart as really more of a contextual play. I think Houston will find a way to give Gordon the opportunity to play for a playoff contender before the year is out. It's the right thing to do and generally the org has been friendly to vets like that in the past.

I'm also thinking TyTy starts the league in the G league....potentially Garuba could eventually get some reps there if his conditioning continues to be subpar or he looks as average as he had in FIBA play lately. If Houston decides to rework Eason's shot form, he will most certainly get his early reps in the g league. I'm also anticipating we move Boban on to another team at some point.

3. fattz

fattz Member

What is so crazy to me about the proposal, is the 6-10 are good as what the starting line-ups were when Harden was here most years. Add one of the 4 centers we have on the roster moment and it may be better.
    Harden / Christopher / Tate / Eason / 7’ lob treat -rim runner even WCS is better than what DM put together most years. (Yes CP3 teams were better) we are talking about the second team of a rebounding team.

just crazy how the times have changed

4. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Sorry but I do not see Harden playing in a Rockets Uniform!

STARTERS
    Porter
    Green
    Eason
    Smith
    Sengun

BACK UP
    Washington
    Christopher
    Martin
    Tate
    Fernando