1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Breaking: FBI raiding Mar-a-Lago

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by larsv8, Aug 8, 2022.

1. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

As of right now there is no definite proof that there was a refusal to turn over classified materials…Here’s what I can say: We don’t know with complete certainty of the extent of the discussions..Obama had to coordinate with NARA on the preservation of the records…Typically why do presidents want records well obviously extension of preservation of records through libraries has been the customary approach since the Presidential Libraries Act in 1955..
    • The Obama Foundation made the decision in May 2017 not to construct a Presidential Library for NARA to house the paper records and physical artifacts. Instead, the Foundation intended to provide funding for the digitization of records so they could be made available online. NARA in turn announced a New Model for the Preservation and Accessibility of Presidential Records in a May 2017 press release.
    • Unfortunately, the COVID-19 pandemic has impacted these plans.
    As you can see there is a coordination between the president and the national archives about the manner in which the records will be preserved. Now I feel it’s entirely possible given that there is a time lapse that can be months or even years in Obama’s case that Trump felt he was still in coordination with NARA and that a timetable was not necessarily concrete…I can honestly see that being the case given Obama’s finalizing of his digital library not yet being the case years after.

I can see Trump feeling like well his predecessor has not finalized processing his records so why should he move much faster. I am not saying I agree with it but I can understand that rationale somewhat. What we don’t know is whether Trump deliberately decline presidential reports from being safeguarded back to the archives that were deemed classified or whether Trump refused any specific requests.

2. Reeko

Reeko Member

3. Reeko

Reeko Member

indoctrinating more low IQ mindless drones

[​IMG]

imagine throwing your life away because of a Donald Trump raid

AleksandarN, Newlin, cdastros and 2 others like this.
  4. CCorn

CCorn Member

Well. I guess if a few thousand more necks commit suicide by cop it’ll lower the amount of welfare recipients in this country.

jiggyfly, cdastros, Andre0087 and 3 others like this.
  5. Xopher

Xopher Member
    Supporting Member

Again. The records Trump took were classified. They were actaully marked classified. He was given a subpoena to give them back. Some of the ones he gave back were torn and taped back together. He was supposed to turn over ALL the documents marked classified. An informant said Trump had not turned over all the clasified documents. Since he had already been given a subpoena and did not fully comply, a warrant was issued. The records Obama took were not classified.

Newlin and cdastros like this.
  6. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

[​IMG]

7. hitman1900

hitman1900 Member

FBI wants to unseal the search warrant for everybody to see. That's exactly what Trump would want right? Hell Trump could release it himself. Aren't his followers shouting for transparency? What happens if his legal team moves to block it? I dunno, I thought this is what everybody wants isn't it?

AleksandarN and FranchiseBlade like this.
  8. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

I'm always told the left and MSM are trying to scare everybody. My gosh, the sporting goods section in Walmart is going to be busy tonight.

jiggyfly, FranchiseBlade and Reeko like this.
  9. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I just wanted to thank everyone for the thought provoking discussion.

10. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

That's what they wanted before when they believed trump didn't have the warrants. Then when they admitted to having the warrants it was, "we are not releasing it" Probably knowing the DOJ had to go through certain protocols to do it. Now the DOJ asked for them to be unsealed unless trump has any objections to it.

So, I'm leaning towards trump objecting to it. Keeping them sealed allows for his cult to fill in the blanks with stupid.

11. quikkag

quikkag Contributing Member

12. hitman1900

hitman1900 Member

LOL the GOP at the beginning was like "How dare you withhold the warrant!!" It's like Trump was bluffing with 7 2 off suit and Garland just snap called. Now his followers are saying "How dare you release the warrant!!"

13. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Interesting information coming out from the filing by Garland. He must be pissed that people were threatening the FBI.

So first of all the execution of the warrant could have all gone down in secret.

There were no leaks from the DOJ. It was announced by Trump himself.

Then, Trump refused to turn over the information contained in the warrant and affadavit.

Trump's allies claimed the whole operation was politically motivated and made a stink about the rationale of the search not being made public.

So Garland said fine, "we'll move to get all of the information released."

But Garland went a step further. He included in the motion the opportunity for Trump to try and prevent it from being released. Trump's team has until tomorrow to respond.

It was like Garland called Trump's bluff and raised the bet.

Now if the information doesn't come out, it will be because Trump has decided the information contained is too damaging to him. Which of course looks bad for Trump.

But it's good. It shows that just because Trump was the president, he will no longer be given deferential treatment.

Previously he was given special leeway because of his position. The DOJ went out of their way to give him the opportunity to do the right thing.

In January, Trump gave some boxes of materials back. The DOJ then sent high level personnel to ask for the rest. Trump didn't comply. They then issued a subpoena. Trump didn't comply. All of this was kept quiet from the DOJ. Then they sought and received a warrant. They executed the warrant.

It was Donald Trump that publicized the search of the estate.

Hopefully, this will put an end to the narrative that it was all a political stunt and Trump was treated unfairly because of who he is.

It turns out that he was given extra opportunity because of who he is.

14. ROXRAN

@rimrocker , thanks for the impressive coded information but everything you cited I already inferred or understood completely beforehand so really you wasted your time on that and proved nothing … Congrats on your history degree as well but yea Just to be clear I do think Trump could have avoided a lot of the embattlement. Everything you touched on was in keeping with my point… The physical material from Obama went from Washington into temporary storage at a secure warehouse in the greater Chicago area, which is probably still there.

What I’m saying is that from Trump’s point of view he feels Mar-a-Lago qualifies as a site of temporary storage now I don’t know if this received archival approval or not but we do know there was communication involving the go ahead to have stronger locks. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...id-padlock-Mar-Lago-records-truth-social.html
    @Xerobull

15. Salvy

Salvy Member

16. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

From Trump's point of view he's innocent of everything and the law doesn't apply.

Who cares about his point of view.

TheFreak and Andre0087 like this.
  17. Reeko

Reeko Member

Why would Trump be keeping documents pertaining to nuclear weapons? To sell them? The frame them on his wall?

Hillary’s emails tho…lmao

18. ROXRAN

19. CCorn

CCorn Member

AleksandarN, FrontRunner and Blatz like this.
  20. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I concur, Doctor.

Doctor, do you concur?

ROXRAN likes this.