1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    PACERS vs KNICKS Game 2: Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Breaking: FBI raiding Mar-a-Lago

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by larsv8, Aug 8, 2022.

1. Xopher

Xopher Member
    Supporting Member

Someone explaining to Matt Gaetz the difference between Classified and Unclassified

Okay Matt when you go to a bar and pick up a woman who "looks like a thumb". That's classified.

When you go to a bar and pick up a woman who looks like a supermodel and is 18 or over. That is unclassified.

Matt: Hell yeah there better be great oversight and security on that classified ****.

cdastros likes this.
  2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

3. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Are we certain he refused to give back certain records? …also there is a process with NARA on records and UNCLASSIFIED records are lumped into protected status as well - Obama could have written a personal note about his days plans for lunch and this would require archivist agreement on whether this record should be retained or not… Now I find it hard to believe Trump said for them to pound sand as far as getting the other records.. I could be wrong but I just find it hard to believe

4. ROXRAN

I don’t believe one side or the other necessarily but I like to verify the information and all records whether it’s unclassified or classified requires archivist approval on how the information is processed or retained~ No I’m not saying Obama deserves to get raided because I’m sure there was some kind of understanding after the fact And I don’t think Trump got the opportunity in a similar process
    https://www.archives.gov/about/laws/presidential-records.html

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

You are, one followed the law and protocals your guy didn't.

Garland is following the letter of the law, support the blue, right?

Stop deflecting and trying to find whataboutisms - things are not equal - in any way.

DD

AleksandarN, quikkag and Blatz like this.
  6. ROXRAN

Absolutely support the blue when it’s fair and not biased I totally agree …now when the Attorney General just happens to be handpicked by Biden and Trump is a rival of Biden …and I’m sure there’s some bad blood about how Trump rightfully called out his son Hunter Biden for gaining monetary wise without having any qualifications besides being the son of “if the prosecutor is not fired you aren’t getting the money” Joe Biden ,… It’s very logical to connect the dots and despite the White House trying to appear Uber hard like they have nothing to do with this situation I don’t buy it

7. quikkag

quikkag Contributing Member

trump's legal team has until 3pm Eastern tomorrow (Friday) to respond to the DOJ's motion to unseal the search warrant and inventory of items retrieved.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  8. ROXRAN

Again I think most Americans don’t have a problem with a subpoena if Trump is not processing the records as he should with NARA, But there is the fact there was communication and even candid suggestion about locks for the time being, But to go to this raid approved action was not the least forceful action and I can’t help but see a political bias - The fact of the matter is most modern presidents try to keep records and information even if it’s a scratch of notes perhaps for their own library…Obama being an example- At the end of each term there is a coordinated effort between the end of term President and the archives on how these records are preserved and processed and held … There’s not one set way on how this happens I am sure but there is some kind of coordination and for certainly appears to be political bias due to who the boss of the attorney general is and what he did to approve this conduct is unprecedented- When something is unprecedented you have to question it and if it appears to be politically motivated I think that’s fair as a topic especially when the dots connect

9. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I already told you. I asked him several times to stop. I told him I took offense in him trolling my posts and ridiculing me personally for my opinion. Everyone is entitled to debate a topic but when the retorts are always personal attacks on my character or intelligence instead of the topic or point I am making I take offense in that. I told him that. It fueled him more. I finally put him on ignore. Anyway, I don't need to deal with it any more because I finally put him on ignore again. Nothing had changed.

10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You are confusing politics with law enforcement.

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

LOL - it is not logical at all, you see, that is the problem.

Trump weaponized the DOJ, which is a completely autonomous operation - it is non political - but under Trump everything was about loyalty so his people like you are, can't understand that it doesn't work that way, never has except under Trump.

They followed the LETTER of the LAW to a T - you just don't like that Trump is finally getting caught - when he has a clear history of breaking the law.

Collusion was already proven he is trolling....not worth a response....

Most forums are moderated and they kick trolls out - for whatever reason these are not, and it creates a cess pool of low lifes and losers who come here to get their kicks.

DD

Rashmon and quikkag like this.
  12. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

This are some nice documents you got here. It would be shame if anything happened to them. For a small sum of one billion, I am sure that we can reach an arrangement here.

13. ROXRAN

Lol I can actually see Trump trying to negotiate like that tbh
    @DaDakota look bro you know I’m not a trumper - I just don’t feel he’s getting an unbiased shakedown is all

14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

These were classified documents. They were subpoenaed earlier this year. Trump refused to cooperate. This is what happens when you believe you can ignore a subpoena and are above the law. This is why he won't share the warrant because it incriminates him and shows why they did what they did.

quikkag and Blatz like this.
  15. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

16. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Every Attorney General is handpicked by each President. That isn't something out of the ordinary here. What you are saying is that no Attorney General ever can ever go after a politician from a party other than the President's.

Joe Biden's call was what all of the United States allies were saying to Ukraine at the time. Because the person they were talking about was corrupt. Biden was being a good diplomat when he made that call and demand. It was the right move.

You don't buy that the White House wasn't involved in the warrant? Let's look at the facts.

1. Trump was given a subpoena for the documents. Trump didn't comply with the Subpoena
    2. There's photographic evidence of documents being flushed down the toilet from Trump.
    3. Trump lied about getting rid of the documents.
    4. There is testimony of Trump burning and destroying documents in a fireplace.
    5. There was a tip from someone saying where they believed the documents were kept.
    6. The DOJ presented the evidence to an independent judge, who believed there was probable cause evidence related to a crime would be found and issued the warrant.

It would be lax law enforcement not to take action to secure those documents given Trump's history of destroying records and documents, Trump's refusal to comply with the Subpoena, and Trump's dishonesty concerning those documents and destruction of them. It is entirely reasonable and responsible to take action to secure the documents.

Add to that Biden wouldn't want this raid to happen this week. He'd just passed landmark legislation. Inflation has decreased, He signed the bill for veterans health care, He'd recently taken down the leader of Al Qaeda. Biden knows that Trump wants to be in the news as much as possible and that it will detract from highlighting his recent accomplishments. Biden had been a looooooonnnnnng streak of bad weeks. The last thing he wanted was to be overshadowed after one incredibly positive week. It doesn't make sense that he would want a raid at this time. He would have loved to wait until there was something bad from his administration.

In addition, Garland has never been partisan, not been reckless, not one for grandstanding, and has a reputation for being overly cautious.

So far the only evidence I've seen that would suggest Biden is behind any of this is just that people have a 'feeling' that is something evil Democrats would do. That certainly isn't a more compelling rationale than all of the facts listed above.

17. dmoneybangbang

Right… which is why you posted a Trump tweet… a man of noted truth telling.

Obama actually worked with the NARA to get the unclassified documents because he wanted to create a digital library…. Did you verify that?

18. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes, I acknowledged that and I'm grateful for you informing of that. I'm not okay with bullying or trolling.

deb4rockets likes this.
  19. ROXRAN

You make strong points ,…I still contend it appears as a overhanded response and likely political bias, But if Trump is being slow to coordinate properly about presidential records what else can you do at some point you have to go beyond a subpoena

20. Reeko

Reeko Member

looks like the mayo militia is prepping for civil war

jiggyfly and FranchiseBlade like this.