1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is it me or does Griffin look bigger and taller than expected?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by j-bone, Jul 14, 2001.

1. j-bone

j-bone Member

I've noticed in the pics that are provided from the Summer League that he actually looks taller than Langhi. Everyone is saying that Langhi is 6'11", well if he actually is, Griffin is taller. Also, I thought Griffin was actually skinnier than he was, but he actually has a little bulk to go with his height. If that is the case then I can see why Rudy and the guys dropped out of the Webber sweepstakes.

------------------
    The intelligent prediction from Moses Malone: "Foe, Foe, Foe".

2. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I still wonder which spot Eddie will play.
    If he can bulk up to around 240, he can be our starting 4 (in future years; I see Terrence as our future starting 3). But what about Mo, sitting on the sidelines? Do we sign him now and trade him when Eddie's ready? Do we go with a rapid "special attack force" with Mo, Eddie, Terrence, Cat, and Franchise as our starting five? Mo might actually be taller than his listed 6'9", but even if not, the aforementioned lineup would be fun to watch. Would it win?

Eddie's lean (and, potentially, mean) but his frame looks to be the kind that can add weight, which is good.

------------------

3. Griffin41

Griffin41 Member

And why the hell is he wearing #33?

------------------
    Are you a GHANDU?

4. Agent86

Agent86 Contributing Member

College number.

------------------
    Agent

5. Griffin41

Griffin41 Member

Yea I know that, but isn't he now gonna sport #41?

------------------
    Are you a GHANDU?

6. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

regular season will be 41...Griffin wants his first time wearing that number to be ain't that special.

------------------
    Rarely is the question asked: Guns kill squirrels than REDRUM to fools across the nation?

7. LA's #1 Rocket Fan

While I was watching Eddie Griffin against Troy M. Eddie was about an inch or inch and a half shorter. Eddie is shorter than Langhi by an inch or so also but both their shoulders are at about the same height. When Langhi plays he his boday is bending over a little and he bends his head down alot so he looks a little shorter. But Langhi is 6'11 definitely and man he had everyone talking about how good he was at the games. EG is the same height as TRock so he's 6'9. BUt his frame looks like it really can be built up. It's not wide but it's not thin like C. Rogers. Eddie also has big and powerful legs and cavs. They are way biggger than all the other houston players. He definitely looks like he is a power forward, although I hope he plays sf.

------------------

8. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

I know I sound corny, but I'm really anticipating and excited about the season! [​IMG]

------------------
    Rarely is the question asked: Guns kill squirrels than REDRUM to fools across the nation?

9. j-bone

j-bone Member

LA's #1 Rocket Fan, that's what I was noticing also about Griffin, his legs/calf. They are pretty big and that lets you know that he can play some power forward because he has a strong base/foundation to hold his position. Also about Langhi, I think that extra inch or so over Griffin comes from his neck. Langhi does have a pretty long neck.

------------------
    The intelligent prediction from Moses Malone: "Foe, Foe, Foe".

[This message has been edited by j-bone (edited July 14, 2001).]