1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao, open your arms to T-Mac!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by murzin, Jul 2, 2004.

1. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

IF you Think Tracy Will get Made By Yao's lack of Greeting through the media, then you're problaly thinking tracy is a sissy with soft heart or Something!. Yao knows the dust has'nt even settled off Steve of Cuttinos locker yet. it's all about Timing!. in a aout 2 months time Yao will be Calling Tracy his long lost brother man!. Give it time!:D

2. yb001

yb001 Member

Yawn... Pointless thread.

If you're so concern about your self perceive Yao's lack of welcome for Macgrady, why not you post a message in his official BBS instead of trying to stir controversy here? I'm sure he'll has a greater chance to read your message there.

3. prlen

prlen Member

4. prlen

prlen Member

1.T-mac only want to Houston.

tons of inside stuff.

5. prlen

prlen Member

6. aaaccchhhooo

aaaccchhhooo Member

I DON'T know where have you been reading your news...but on all the papers and news i have seen yao showed excitement playing with t-mac.....he said that he felt sorry and will missed francis...cato....and cat....but that's business...he said he can't wait to play with t-mac.....ya know he have to save steve...cat..and cato some face ya know...he can't be like HOORAY---YAY.....t-mac coming.....how you think steve and cat felt...i know you probably don't give a damn...but i think yao is too close to steve to do that to him.....i sense clutchfans.net will be like the lakersground forums...yall know...a kobe and a shaq team...they fight every single day on who's better.......now WE KNOW WE ARE BETTER THAN THAT.....DO NOT START A T-MAC and Yao side and fight.............we all wants the rockets to win right...?

7. yb001

yb001 Member

Oh BTW, I read quite a lot of Chinese article regarding Yao as well, can you give a pointer to thouse article that you claim Yao has claim he is the best and others failed him and not getting enough touch etc., I'll like to read it as well.

8. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

This is from a chinese basketball fan on the Lakers message board that wanted to comment on Yao's response about McGrady but couldn't get onto Clutchcity:

after reading many recent reports (Chinese) on YM's responses to the trade that brought T-Mac to Houston, i think someone should knock some senses into YM. in one report when the reporter asked him whether "T-Mac tried to dunk on him before", he even got upset and said "of course i snuffed him".
    it's either he REALLY feels for the departure of SF3 and has a little sth against the coming of T-Mac, or it's being blown way out of proportion by the Chinese media. but curiously i havent' seen ONE report where he expressed real joy and excitement about playing with the scoring champ.

people have to understand that as humble as YM is, he has an arrogant and sensitive side that he only allows to be shown a little to the CHinese people/media that he's familiar with. he complained not getting much touches in a number of occasions, again only to his Chinese confidants. like any young superstars he likes to think that he's the best and sometimes he believes "others" failed him when the team lose. (note: these are my impressions from reading those Chinese coverage of him over the years since he came to NBA, mostly written by some guy who's very close to him.)

again this showing of loyalty to his "dearest brother" SF3 is part of the Chinese teaching that he's used to. nobody should have any reason to raise an eyebrow for that. However, i do like to see he opens his arms to welcome T-Mac, if only as a kind response to T-Mac's repeated hailing him as the main reason for his joining Rox and his good wills for them playing together.

Be a gentleman, Yao! and be a real star and cornerstone of the Rox!

=============================================

The poster's response:

I really worry about it. there is cultural misundstanding.

Yao Ming can't be so exciting when T-Mac coming. He must be reserved. As a Chinese, when he jut left his best friends, Steve, he can't be so happy. Otherwise he will be blamed by Chinese tradition.

I think he welcome T-Mac indeed, despite there is no comments from him. Most important thing is that he loves his team Houston. He is a team player.

If any LA fan can communicate with Houston fan, please inform them. Yao welcome T-Mac indeed. In Yao Ming's personal site most of the chinese fans welcome T-Mac. Don't worry about Yao's silence. It's only Chinese style reservation. We will give him a big hug.

9. prlen

prlen Member

It is the link

10. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

I saw that too, but how did he or she get this post cause he also says,

" I can't login on Houstons Fan's Forum, Clutch City, now it's a pay site. Anyone see this post, please tell them about this.".....?

I guess someone could have qouted on another board.

11. yb001

yb001 Member

Hahaha! This is a nice one. You're hilarious.:D

12. Ying Yang

Ying Yang Member

You are correct in your assumption, two very different players/people,different mind sets and different cultures. All we see
    is for the camera and we must remember that Francis did NOT take care of Yao in the game where it matters the most and thats why he is gone.

13. nyquil82

nyquil82 Contributing Member

ah yes, the simple reasoning that one man's actions are definitive of an entire culture. surely yao cannot be capable of individualism, after all, he's not American.

I am so sick of this type of reasoning, that what yao says or does comes from being Chinese. Flip it around and imagine if you were in another country and someone said that Michael Jackson's actions were definitive of the American people. Or Bush or paris hilton representing all white people? This can be very debilitating towards those that try to act "out of race".

hakeem didnt show much emotion to barkley, does that make him chinese? wang zhizhi didnt show much emotion when getting traded or when he got cut from the national team, does that make him un-chinese?

why is it when steve does anything, its his personality, not his race, but if yao does anything, its his race and not his personality?

14. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

#34 RocketForever, Jul 2, 2004
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2004
  15. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

Sorry, I intended to post a broken link to pop fun at the thread starter (just like what prlen did). But it turned out that it's actually somebody's homepage. I cannot edit my post now since I am still waiting for my "contributing member" status to be activated. But I will edit the post once I can do it. Sorry again everyone.

#35 RocketForever, Jul 2, 2004
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2004
  16. buiyahkah

buiyahkah Contributing Member

i thought i read on espn that yao gave the trade his blessing...what else do you want from him? he probably wants to at least show that he's kind of sad that cat and sf are gone...