1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2022 Trade Targets

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by HTown2017Champs, May 8, 2022.

1. awc713

awc713 Member

2. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

As long as you promise me we can leave Maton off the post season roster. I can’t imagine that lightening getting caught in the same bottle 2 years in a row. You just sending Jake Meyers home for the duration? It’s probably fair as I don’t think that he’s getting right this year. I’d probably have him be my PR as the 14th position player over carrying 13 pitchers. Whitley going out scares me. Probably nothing but I like whoever said it like this- that’s dude is either going to earn $0 in MLB or 200 million. Scary to trade one of those guys away but if that’s the only guy headed out I’m worried about it’s a successful trade season to land those many guys coming in.

3. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Hell no

4. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Forgive my ignorance, but what's the big deal about Cedric Mullins? I get that he had a big year last year, but he's been somewhat "meh" this season from a look at the stats sheet. Would you really want to give up that much for him? Admittedly, I haven't really watched him play much, so I could be missing out on a lot of great traits with that guy.

bigdaddy, cmoak1982, BigMaloe and 2 others like this.
  5. Houston_Rockets

No way it takes that little to get Contreras. But if you are right, how in the f would anyone be against getting Contreras because "Maldy is good enough at what we value"

If we do every trade you posted we get much better

6. Yordan The Great

He's 28.

Yes I would like to see the deal capped at 5 years. Maybe give him a 6th year player option. He'll be 33 at that point and can bet on himself one more time.

Wulaw Horn likes this.
  7. Landry's Tooth

Cut ohtani's value in half for injuries.

He's also a below average hitter outside of the power...

cmoak1982 likes this.
  8. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

He was a 6 win MVP caliber player last season and has bookended that with seasons where he was a solid above average everyday CF (good defense coupled with a league average bat). Could get a ceiling boost in HR by getting out of Camden. Could get a floor boost by being on a good team where he can be platooned if struggling. He’s valuable.

BigMaloe, BMoney and Wulaw Horn like this.
  9. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

Big variance in how other teams value Siri. Could be viewed as stellar defender with potential power bat, could be viewed as AAAA OF. This scenario assumes Cubs believe the former more than the latter.

Houston_Rockets likes this.
  10. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

Meyers would be optioned but would probably make the playoff roster over Diaz.

Wulaw Horn likes this.
  11. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

Did you hear the pitchers talking during the all star game about how hard it was to pitch after hitting (in mostly non competitive AB’s). Multiply that by a **** load and 32, at the half way point of that contract, doesn’t seem young anymore. I’m not saying he can’t do it, but it seems like a young man’s game. He’s coming into middle age baseball wise.

12. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

Agree on optioning Meyers. Disagree on Diaz not being on the playoff roster. He serves as insurance at SS or 2B for in game injury in a way Yuli doesn’t. He’s more valuable than a 13th pitcher in a scenario where you don’t play more than 3 games in a row the entire post season.

HTown2017Champs likes this.
  13. jayfree

jayfree Member

Agree, if you take Diaz off the playoff roster then you might as well just let him walk now to another team

raining threes likes this.
  14. HTown2017Champs

While the rest of what you said is true, I doubt leaving Camden helps his power. Per Savant, his xSLG is around the 20th percentile league-wide, and his xHR if he played all his games at Minute Maid is 8, his season total, and the same as at Camden. As a lefty, heavily pull-side hitter, the new dimensions in LF don't really affect him, and Baltimore's RF is still hitter-friendly. I wouldn't be upset if he got him, but I have kind of soured on him compared to last offseason. His value took a hit, no doubt.

Astrofan59, Rockets FTW and awc713 like this.
  15. BlindHog

BlindHog Member

Not sure I am interested in trading Urquidy. I think his value in Houston is better than any return we might get for him. A long string of quality starts in the post season is something we could use.
    It is pretty easy to find starters to trade if that is what you want to do. There are two experienced starters that have not really been a part of this team. The first is obviously Odorizzi and I do not think there is any disagreement about him. The other is McCullers and I expect everybody to disagree with trading him. His trade value would be very high for a pitcher we are unlikely to miss. Trading the two of them should be more than enough to shore up our line-up at 1st base and the outfield while leaving all the pitching necessary to win through the play-offs.

16. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I have a bad feeling about Brantley...

I hope Click swing for the fences is all I can say. Yankees aren't done improving their team.

raining threes likes this.
  17. awc713

awc713 Member

Maybe Odo goes to the Phillies? They need pitching help and are fighting for the WC. I think Odo goes there or STL.

18. awc713

awc713 Member

Per Astros Center on IG:

“Chas and Meyers not in the lineup today, as well as Siri not in the lineup in AAA. It could be days off for all, but with Chas’ success against lefties, I don’t think it’s a coincidence. Wilson Contreras followed some Astros. Again could be coincidence.”

19. conquistador#11

The speculation is my favorite part of the trade deadlines in all sports.

20. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Wilson Contreras removed from the lineup per Cubs

BigMaloe, Snake Diggit and mikol13 like this.