1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Daishen Nix Hype Train

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by vator, Jan 23, 2022.

1. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

The FT shooting is a red flag.

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  2. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

I firmly believe if a guard or a wing cannot convert free throws, they need to stop looking for their own shots or least reduce the frequency of it. Nothing is more frustrating than watching guards dribble the ball up the court, drive in, get fouled and miss 2 free throws.

At this point in time, I think TyTy Washington has the edge at the backup PG spot.

3. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

He gets in the paint and tries to finish like Joey Dorsey(with bad footwork, bad touch, bad body control) with his 6'3 relatively unathletic, not lanky body, purely relying on his weight and power at 225. That just wont work in the NBA, he had some success with it in the G-League last year picking on smaller players but a 6'3 PF with little lift and an 8'4 standing reach just isn't an NBA player.

He has to focus on his guard skills, his passing is good when he commits to it, and his off-ball shooting hasn't looked bad either, his weight gives him an advantage of D, those alone are interesting skills, but when he's looking to create and starts forcing shots in the paint against 3 defenders he looks awful.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Easy fix, and he is 6'5"

DD

5. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

6'3
    6'4 in shoes

6. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He is every bit of an NBA 6-4. He looks massive on an NBA floor. Both width and length. Ron Jeremy of point guards out there.

Bo6 likes this.
  7. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

100% in agreement.

That's why Shaq was a knockdown free throw shooter later in his career, because it was an easy fix.

Thefabman, King1, clos4life and 5 others like this.
  8. PhiSlammaJamma

You would think the phrase hype train has been around forever. However, it only surfaced in 2003 when Pokemon games were being released for the gameboy. A time when trains had already lost their popularity nearly 100 years ago,

BelgianRocketsFan likes this.
  9. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

Every bit of an "NBA 6'4" in shoes for sure.

10. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

TyTy is better. Just watch them play basketball. Unfortunately Nix will get the backup point job out of some sort of misguided loyalty or Hallucination because the front office is just so sure “he’s a lotto pick”.

King1, T for 3 and Richie_Rich like this.
  11. Joe Willie

Joe Willie Member

I think you are spot on in your assessment.

12. Visagial

Visagial Contributing Member

Exactomundo. This is his case for even being in the conversation of playing in the NBA. Otherwise, he's a fat, bad shooting, poor decision maker.

clutchdabear likes this.
  13. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Dam!! Everything was all good just a few days ago. Now, because of the loss, it's all Nixs' fault.

14. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

The only guard in recent memory who actually fixed FT problem was Lonzo Ball. It took him 3 years. And he's a top 2 pick.

It can be fixed. But it's far from Easy. ;)

Richie_Rich, Corrosion and DaDakota like this.
  15. DaDakota

Shaq didn't practice enough.....

DD

coachbadlee likes this.
  16. Rokman

Rokman Member

Shaq should have gone the underhanded route. Him shooting free throws with a basketball is like me shooting hoops on my kids over the door basket with what seems the size of a tennis ball. There's no natural roll off the hands.

Corrosion and DaDakota like this.
  17. DaDakota

18. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

So if I can wrap my head around your delusional theories.

It's that Nix doesn't practice enough on his free throws.

Even after being around professional training circuits for years at this point.

Even when trying to break into the NBA, he doesn't deem it important enough to practice his free throws.

Wow. So what you're saying is Nix has a horrible work ethic.

I've got to admire you. Even when the road you take is the wrong one, you just keep hitting the accelerator and disregard the brakes.

The DD curse strikes again.

Richie_Rich, King1 and tehG l i d e like this.
  19. T for 3

T for 3 Member

His stock, like Christopher’s, has gone done in the summer league. Very selfish, and his finishing ability after getting to the basket is not good.

20. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

How is his poor free throw shooting an easy fix when it doesn't like he's improved it at all since last year? He simply can't be on an NBA floor if he keeps splitting at the free throw line. I don't recall him making both free throws on a trip to the line the whole Summer League. Whether it's mental, his nerves, his conditioning, it's only going to get harder in the NBA. He just seems very undisciplined to me.

RudyTBag likes this.