1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Marvel Movie] Black Panther 2: Wakanda Forever

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

You race hating roaches are everywhere...

peleincubus, jiggyfly and Ziggy like this.
  2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I freaking hate the word "Woke".. I HATE IT.

Any who, they can bring any dude from the multiverse; they should just do it with T'Challa. It's weird people think Chadwick is the only black dude that can play one role. RIP Chadwick, but it's so dumb and it's infuriating. Even though I don't mind there being another woman as head of an MCU franchise (im going to watch it) I think it's getting kind of nuts now in phase 4.

I would welcome Killmonger back, but man people crying to leave him dead. I disagree, bring his ass back. I want a strong black male lead somewhere in MCU. Captain America/Falcon is kind of lame and War Machine is a side kick, Sam Jack is old, We gonna have to wait 11 years for Mahershela Blade.

GRENDEL likes this.
  3. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

There's no way they're going to recast T'Chala. Chadwick Boseman was a real hero off the screen and they would get such massive negative blowback for even attempting it.

I agree, I'd like to see that strong Black male lead brought back, too.

They're probably going to soft-reboot Luke Cage (and the rest of the Netflix shows) with the same actor. Guy was a great fit for that role, unfortunately the writing was pretty bad.

If Sony is smart they'll also bring Miles Morales in to the MCU because anything they do on their own that isn't Venom sucks hard.

There's also Bishop and Sync (and others) on the X-Men side. In the comics Brother Voodoo is the sorcerer supreme. Deathlok is a badass cyborg. Don't forget that the big bad of the next several years, Kang, is a Black guy, although he's not a lead hero he's a very strong character. Elijah Bradley is going to be coming up as Patriot, his grandfather was the Black Cap from the Falcon & Winter Soldier Series. There's lots of ways they can go.

4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

All this is great. But nothing holds a candle to T'challa and the potential for his story in this MCU. Homie was a king with his own country and was freaking OP.

With Cap and Iron Man off the table, T'challa was next up. I don't care how great Chadwick was off screen; he is not the BlackPanther/T'Challa CHARACTER.

Chadwick's own family said he would want the character to live on passed him. They would NEVER fridge a character like Superman, Batman, Spiderman, Joker, etc. just because the actor died; the character would live on.

Now that's it's been years since Chadwick's passing, I bet you dollars, no one would care if T'Challa was recast.

Jontro, OkayAyeReloaded and JumpMan like this.
  5. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Michael B. Jordan needs to take the role, them being cousins in the film it makes sense

#145 RKREBORN, Jul 13, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2022
    boomboom, droxford and DreamShook like this.
  6. Reeko

Reeko Member

y’all are starting to sound like clowns crying about everything being “woke”

What was so woke about the 1st Black Panther movie?

rhino17 likes this.
  7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

people acting like Killmonger is irredeemable when characters like Loki (and now Wanda) exist.

bring his ass back and set him on a redemption arc as king of Wakanda.

8. Salvy

Salvy Member

The world was less racist and woke in 2018....

9. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Agreed. He would kill it as the new BP and needs a redemption arc. He was a very likeable character.

jiggyfly and boomboom like this.
  10. Salvy

Salvy Member

What?
    [​IMG]

11. Salvy

Salvy Member

What about Jaleel White? He can continue the story from here on out....

12. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Should have White Panther to rule Wakandra.

13. droxford

droxford Member

I still think Donald Glover would be an excellent casting for the role of T'Challa.

Jontro likes this.
  14. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Valid points about the icons. I would be cool with it, but everything is so woke, they would have to be very careful to do it right.

DreamShook likes this.
  15. Jontro

Jontro Member

16. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Shuri has caused disney a lot of problems.

I think they regret making her the new black panther

17. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I also hate the word - CANCEL CULTURE. Crying about some obscure cartoon or celebrity being CANCELED? What? Abortions are what's canceled. White people LOVE to say CANCEL CULTURE.

Don't @ me

GRENDEL and Invisible Fan like this.
  18. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

There have already been a couple of significant recasts in the MCU. Hulk was pretty significant. (Mark Ruffalo has been great, Edward Norton was surprisingly meh) Also War Machine (not that Terrence Howard had much to do, but Don Cheadle is a homerun)

Neither of those guys really had the same kind of cultural imprint that Chadwick did, but I think the character is too important to not bring back.

Would absolutely love to see the Killmonger redemption arc, though. One of the most likable and relatable villains ever.

19. Jontro

Jontro Member

killmonger should be back if dizni knows wusgood. if they’re still on the chadwick (rip king) train, then at least make a grey panther or white panther for killmonger. a quick google shows he uses jaguar skin for his suit. maybe blek jaguar?

boomboom likes this.
  20. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I hate the word woke!! but I agree. The vocal minority is sometimes the loudest. The loudest people that are still saying don't recast T'Challa are the few white women and men that don't understand the significance of a character like T'challa and what it means to see his portrayal on the big screen. Nobody would fridge Batman if The twilight dude tragically passed. Mike Keaton is playing Batman in the Flash movie. We got 3 Spiderman with more on the way.

it's just really wild that people are actually thinking Chadwick is the actual T'challa/Black Panther character.

GRENDEL and Invisible Fan like this.