1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Chet Holmgren as a OKC Thunder thread

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by TimDuncanDonaut, Jun 26, 2022.

1. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

11 points on 11 shots is 50% ts

2. tzou88

tzou88 Member

Might need to check up on how TS is calculated

3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Fat Zion looks dominant.

4. KingCheetah

Det the Chet.

5. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

He was 3 for 11 and his ts was 95.5%?

6. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

11 points on 11 shots is 50%TS

Because Chet had 4 FT attempt, his TS% today was actually 43%

Why do you think I should look up how it's calculated?

7. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Yall calculating TS% in summer league? Lol .. damn execs!

jiggyfly likes this.
  8. Juxtaposed Jolt

I feel like he was born in the right era, as he'd be clowned by Shaq / Mourning / Hakeem / Robinson / Ewing, etc.

BallSoHarden and TheJuice like this.
  9. Reeko

Reeko Member

Lofton had too much cake for Chet…Lofton built like a non-muscular Zion

Lofton looks like he could win the national hot dog eating contest

leebigez likes this.
  10. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Those numbers were at the half that I posted because the 2nd half was yet to be played

ThatBoyNick likes this.
  11. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I posted when it was halftime. He was 3-4 fg, 1-2 3pt, and 4-4 ft at the time

12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

TS% = Points / ((2 x Field Goal Attempts) + (0.88 x Free Throw Attempts)

He was 3/11. No way his TS% could be 95.5%.

xaos likes this.
  13. KingCheetah

Sure.

jiggyfly likes this.
  14. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

Makes me think what Yao would have been like in this era, I doubt CD or whoever made him gain all that weight to injure him would need to do that in this era.

15. xaos

xaos Member

No doubt which is why guys like @Nook always took this into account when projecting his upside.

I'm not a Chet hater, but I didn't have him #1 on my board based on the 2-3 games I watched. Admittedly that's not enough games to draw any firm conclusions. But I felt even though the NBA is a brotherhood and not like the 90s, that doesn't mean these grown men aren't coming at you. Even the gaurds are coming at you.

There's a long list of guys licking their lips at Chet’s frame. Given how much respect I have for guys like @Nook I'll give Chet the benefit of the doubt and assume he'll take the hits and keep coming.

My healthy fear isn't that someone will break Chet in half or he'll be injury prone, but legit NBA players are going to be going after Chet’s body every single night. That's how they train you in the NBA even as a gaurd... go right into the rim protectors chest. He'll need to add more weight and no matter how many times people ignore that here or act like it's an insult to their mom that Chet needs to add weight it's just a fact. If he does put on 20-40 lbs though he has a chance to be the best player in this draft, but it's not going to happen overnight. If you're a fan of the NBA you hope he does because that just makes watching the NBA that much better when the competition is higher.

The thing that has impressed me about Chet is he feels very comfortable on the offensive side of the ball these 2 summer league games. Sure, you see the video of him going behind the back on Steph or other videos before college. But, Gonzagas head coach really underutilized his offensive weapons. It just put that question mark of "is it because he's just a big that can do that" or "are these actual skills that creates an advantage" which is seems like a fair question until you start seeing it against better competition (summer league is the in between of college and NBA competition imo).

jiggyfly and Yung-T like this.
  16. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

Sengun may dominate Chet in his first season if Kenny is able to do this.

17. carlos

carlos Member

Me

Kevin Garnett also faced the same criticisms and did fairly well.

leebigez and cmoak1982 like this.
  18. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

[
    People tossed this myth around all the time back in the day - "oh if only the Rockets hadn't made Yao gain so much weight...."

It was & is trash.

Have you seen Yao lately or even in the last 5 years? He's not cutting a svelte figure, he's noticeably heavier than his playing days.

He was going to gain weight as aged regardless - and he has continued to do so. It was more biology than magic Rockets S&C methods.

Milos, jiggyfly and JumpMan like this.
  19. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

You can't compare a retired player vs an active NBA player, almost every athlete gains weight after retiring...Did you see Kobe on his Yacht immediately after retiring? He was fat, and he was one of the hardest working guys there was, Yaos been retired for a decade. Yao was an extremely hard worker, he would have done what the training staff told him to. He was overweight, but he was not out of shape. He was intentionally putting on weight/muscle mass, it was not a shaq situation where he started just eating what he wanted and gaining fat in his prime. If you watched the earlier games from his Rookie season Bill Worrell talks about how the training staff was working with Yao to put on more weight so he could hold his own. Lol sure you gain weight with age, but we are talking about Yao being 22 to 25, you don't gain weight naturally in that time frame if you are an athlete.

Yung-T likes this.
  20. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

The NBA would benefit greatly if Chet is special. I think he's going to be pretty darn good plus he's in OK City which has a college like atmosphere. Giddy is a walking triple double.

JumpMan, xaos and cmoak1982 like this.