1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Eric Gordon Trades

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by finsraider, Jun 16, 2022.

1. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Was that rumored Danny Green and #23 for Gordon offered or not? I hear they offered it to lots of teams. That package would of landed them maybe another defensive wing in the draft..

2. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

Eric Gordon will retire a Rocket because they think he’s worth a lottery pick.

The Rockets were aware of interest from Philadelphia, the connections obvious with Morey and James Harden, just as they were from Phoenix with Chris Paul’s presence. They listened to the 76ers’ offer, but just as has been the case this time last year and other trade deadlines, his internal value was deemed greater than what was offered. This sentiment has been repeated ad nauseam, but Houston would be open to a deal if the return was deemed appropriate. The Rockets simply aren’t desperate to move Gordon, however.

4. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Here’s one from the Blazers. It seems reasonable to me and was actually posted from their side. No additional long-term salary and nets us a 2024 FRP. If the Blazers were good with that, I would have it done by COB today.

jcmoon likes this.
  5. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

i wonder if they are waiting to first see if they can swing for durant before settling on gordon? would they still be able to make a durant trade after that?

6. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Wall and a bunch of picks. This would be one more. But I doubt they go that route. They appear to want to go with draft picks until they free up cap space. In general, I agree with that philosophy. If they wanted to make a trade, I’d like to see it for someone around 25 at the PG position. If Donovan Mitchell or D’Angelo Russell are actually available, I think they should take a serious look.

7. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

8. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

If true, I’m assuming a third team will be involved. Too difficult without one.

xaos and Rockets FTW like this.
  9. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

I’d say KMJ likely gone too

10. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

How bad do they want to get rid of Harris’ contract? We can make it happen but it’ll be one pick for Gordon and 2 more to pick up that lousy contract. Gordon plus all the Dallas guys to 76ers. 3 picks and Harris to Rockets.

#330 Hemingway, Jun 30, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2022
    IndoRockets, jcmoon and Rockets FTW like this.
  11. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

I like a lot.

12. jcmoon

do they even have 3 picks? i thought they gave two to the nets for harden....that would be a miracle if stone could pull that off.

Rockets FTW likes this.
  13. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

You’re right. I didn’t look at it close enough. They have their own picks 24,26,28 so that wouldn’t work, because of the rules. In fact, they can’t trade anything but 2nds. They are really hamstrung.

14. Landry's Tooth

To Sixers
    Gordon
    Nwaba
    Martin
    Marjanovic
    Brown
    Chriss
    Mathews

To Rockets
    Maxey
    Harris

Why Rockets do it:
    Maxey could be long term fit as PG with KPJ as 6th man combo. Harris is a better fit at the 3 than Gordon in terms of size. They also clear out some roster spots held up by Nwaba, Martin, Gordon, and Mathews...

Rockets don't do it because Harris hurts their cap space in a year by half leaving only around 35 to 40 million.

Why Sixers do it
    They covet Gordon and are signing Tucker. The familiar faces may improve Harden's game. This gives them tremendous flexibility putting them about 15-20 million under the cap in a year depending on the final number for Harden. They unload Harris using Maxey instead of picks. If Harden is primary ball handler it limits Maxey as a scorer.

Martin is an intriguing player as a Harris replacement for them...

jcmoon likes this.
  15. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I'll say that yes, Eric Gordon should not be taking minutes from our young team, but if or when he goes, I hope it is to a contender type (76ers will do) because he has played well here and not whined publicly about being the holdover on a bottom-feeder run by Mediocre Restaurants Inc.

16. Houston77

Supporting Member

I can’t imagine the Sixers would be this desperate to move Harris. I would give up picks in this scenario.

17. jcmoon

the fans would revolt if maxey is dealt for gordon, but he may be necessary to get rid of harris

lkrockets likes this.
  18. Landry's Tooth

What picks?

That's the problem... they dealt some for Harden so if they deal anymore they are basically unable to trade picks... Maxey leaves the door open...

I do agree, i don't think they want to move maxey. I disagree on Harris... Morey hates spending big money on role players... just on stars... i could see him wanting relief...

19. DustinS

DustinS Contributing Member

Do not want Tobias Harris contract

PWR and RasaqBoi like this.
  20. Houston77

Supporting Member

No, I’m saying I’d be fine with the Rockets giving up picks in this scenario to land Maxey.