1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Astros @ Cubs

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Jun 4, 2004.

1. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

It was a line drive and Biggio was running. He had the position but he must mucked catching it. It hit off his glove. The Cubs center fielder did the same thing earlier. Outfielding sucks this game apparently.

2. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

It was a screamer not a pop fly. But still, he should have caught it. The same thing happened to the cubs earlier in the game when we scored. It was off his glove as he stretched for it on the run to the wall.

3. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Test for Echo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Uprising

AHHH!!! Pettite's favorite city is Chicago!!!?!!! Bad timing b****!:eek:

5. Kill Dirty Stockton

Kill Dirty Stockton Contributing Member

nah he can't control the fly ball...just the game falling apart...jimy just looks more pressurized than usual

6. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Well, its not the same thing because Patterson got to a ball that most CF'ers would never get to, and thus the play was ruled correctly (a triple).

Biggio, however, had a ball hit that mostly every LF in the leauge makes, thus it was ruled an error.

NOT the same play, by any means.

7. Uprising

;) Hey dude, I was typing that as you posted. Hence, I didn't see your post. Ya beat me by a min.

Alright, ya got me there Nick. Don't take out our frustrations on me though. ;)

8. hjg877

hjg877 Member

OH SHUT THE **** UP CHIP CAREY AND YOUR C*** ****ER OF AN IDIOT PARTNER.

Im absolutely SICK of hearing them complain about the outside corner, then showing the 'plan view' cam and then the sidekick saying 'that was 3 or 4 inches off the plate'.

STFU!!! They shouldn't be allowed to talk; they are making the umps look bad.

YOu idiots listen, you don't NEED to make them look bad; they do that themselves, but PLEASE shut up!!!

Get the off national TV!!!

[dark humor]sometimes i think the wrong Carey died[/dark humor]

9. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

cbssportsline has the Stros with only one error?? is that incorrect.

on a side note, i think the league generally is way to lenient on errors...even if it is a really hard play, if you muck it up, it should be an error, not a hit.

10. Kill Dirty Stockton

Kill Dirty Stockton Contributing Member

hell yea these Cub announcers blow like theres no tomorrow

11. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Biggio did get an error.... and if its any consolation, I'd take his first error in a game in June, rather than in October.

Of course, if you don't win these games in June against division foes, you might not get to October.

Also, If that was Houston, it would have been a HR... thus, he won't be dropping many of those in MMP. yay... :rolleyes:

On a brighter note, the Rockets still got T-Mac today.

#71 Nick, Jun 29, 2004
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2004
  12. Uprising

I would so have the game on Mute if I was listening to the Chicago Boobs. Seriously, listen to the fans cheering for the cubbies and the boobs?! No thanks.

Thank god for the Stros announcers.

Well, just like our stros. They follow up a 3 run inning by the Cubs with a 1-2-3 inning.

One more chance for us to tie this babby up and win.

13. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

but didn't ensberg have a bad fielding play earlier?

14. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

He was playing in, and the ball got past him... it wasn't a line drive, and he could have at least dove for the ball, but it was more about him just "reacting slowly" than a blunder in the field.

Its just like a pop fly that falls between three outfielders who are right there to make the catch... its ruled a hit.

15. Uprising

Yeah, but they didn't give him an error. He clearly missed the ground ball. But no error.

16. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

That's out trademark this year. That and "Load the bases with no outs and score zero or if your lucky one"

17. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

People will probably bash Biggio like crazy for that play, but:

1. It's his first error of the year.
    2. At least he didn't knock the ball into the weeds (or whatever the Cubs fan call that) and give up an inside the park homerun. Yes this happened- Alou did it.

It had a lot of spin on it and he was running into the corner. Not a typical ball that is hit to center field. I am sure he will adjust.

More bothersome for me was a guy (Barrett?) advancing from 1st to 3rd on a single. Sucks that we don't have strong arms out there.

18. Uprising

Well, here we go! Our last chance!

2 more outs till this game is over. man, this should have been ours. CRAP!

Palmeiro up to bat!

19. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I'm starting to belive that this is just not the 'Stros year... I've seen them get victimized more by the improbable than I ever have in all my years watching a contending team.

It all started on day one, with Oswalt's pitch to Bonds.

Then there was the Atlanta debacle where Oswalt went mad.

The decision to pitch to Piazza when you have a two run lead.

The Cincinnati massacre.

The balk that scored the winnning run for STL.

The Chicago massacre (at home, no less).

And now the Biggio debacle...

You don't have many games like this throughout the season, but you do have some. Unfortunately, its happened far more often than anybody ever expected this year... things can still change, but this team looks somewhat cursed.

Of course, this is just a reactionary post, and I'm forgetting all the good moments throughout the season (Oswalt's two shutouts, Clemens' brilliance, and Berkman solidifying superstar status), but ever since April, the bad has outweighed the good severely.

#79 Nick, Jun 29, 2004
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2004
  20. Uprising

I still believe (in the sseason, not for tonights game).

Well, I have a question. We are pinch hittign for the pitcher right now. Why in the hell didn't we pinch hit for Ausmus too?

Can you PH 2 times in a row?

Palmeiro and Lamb batting is better than Ausmus and someone.