1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Now lets ALL Say the truth about STEVE FRANCHISE..

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ElVenezolano, Jun 29, 2004.

1. TraJ

TraJ Member

I've been critical of Steve, but the trade is bittersweet. I think we had to make this trade, but I don't like seeing any of our guys go.

2. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

That pic of steve on Amare says it all. He was a warrior and I am sad to see him go. I wish he could have stayed but like others have stated on this board, He just did not fit with the Rockets' new system. He was someone who looked out for his team mates and as I saw in alot of games, the man supported his team mates. I don't know if the reports are true in that Francis said his first choice this off season was to stay in houston, being that there was another thread stating he wanted out, but if Houston was his first choice, then he showed alot of loyalty to this organization. I wish him the best in Orlando and I'll be rooting for him as a Magic to get into the play offs at least.

3. Willis25

Willis25 Contributing Member

I like Steve (in fact he was my wife's favorite Rocket) but, he had five years here and we only had one playoff victory to show for it. This is not a JVG issue, once we got Yao, his fate was sealed

4. xelloss12

xelloss12 Contributing Member

Dude, don't be classless, wish our former players the best in Orlando(except when they play us :D ).

5. HeyDude

HeyDude Contributing Member

Steve will be missed, unlike you, when u get banned:rolleyes:

6. UTweezer

UTweezer Contributing Member

good luck steve, cuttino, cato...

That division sucks. You guys should contend in that division. Francis will flourish in the East...

7. Ying Yang

Ying Yang Member

Yetti just phoned me to say that all that he said over two years ago has come to fruition. He said now the Rockets will have a chance to develop a whole new game based upon team basketball. CD has vindicated himself after his bad mistakes of Barkley , Pippin and Rice. He hopes that Nachbar might now get the experience and playing time. I agree with him and am glad to see Francis go.

8. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Welll.....I reeally did love the way he played his heart out....his loyalty to the team...his loyalty to his teammates...and Im sad that we had to lose that....but FREAKIN TMAC!!!!!!

Cat was really my favorite current Rocket...he played thru injuries, he played with as much if not more heart and desire than Francis did...and I will miss him ALOT.

Good Luck Steve, Cuttino, and Kelvin.

most of us enjoyed having you as members of our team...and wish you all the best of luck and success in Orlando(except when you play us of course)

Farewell...;)

9. blaqnitti

blaqnitti Member

Damn...I miss the guys already. Especially after each one of them brought it last season under challenging circumstances.
    I wish them well.

BTW there is a legitimate possibility of a Houston/Orlando in 06 or 07 if all shakes right. Wouldn't that be interesting!

10. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

Can someone please close this thread :rolleyes:

11. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

You are such a friggin Cybil......:rolleyes::rolleyes:

please smash your computer with a sledghammer and go away...you arent fooling ANYONE.

12. blaqnitti

blaqnitti Member

I meant a Houston/Orlando Finals.

13. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

Here's just the start of this thread ... I salute all of you.

This board rocks.

Good Luck and Many Many Thanks to Steve, Cuttino and Kelvin. Look forward to seeing ya'll in the Finals someday. :)

14. caphorns

caphorns Member

Steve's a good player and always gave a solid gametime effort - but I find it completely amusing that a bunch of Internet posters want to feign class after spending so much energy for the most part insulting the guy - mainly for the perceived and sometimes real negative vibe he brought to the table. As a longtime fan of the Rockets, I don't owe Steve **** (he was paid well for his time here) and he doesn't owe me ****. I feel if he had spent more time listening than his game day effort could have been more productive here.

I think Orlando is a fresh start for him and the other guys. I'll miss Cat a hell of a lot more than Steve. I wish them all well unless we are playing them.

15. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

way to generalize......I dare you to find one post from me criticizing Francis or Cat.

I dont have to feign class.....I ooze it from every pore.
    :D

16. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

LOL, Stoudemire looks like such total, wannabe thug-poser in that picture. At least it's funny when Cato does it...

17. caphorns

caphorns Member

There are, of course, exceptions to most generalizations. So we have one person claiming the I NEVER HATED STEVIE EXCEPTION. I still say people should lay off the backs of someone that still wants to critique Steve. It's not like his role is beyond criticism. Although there is something odd about saying "now that he's leaving, lets tell the truth." I don't think anyone has been holding back their detest of Steve lately.

18. Davidoff

Davidoff Contributing Member

I say close it, but he played his HEART OUT for us and that is something that you cant say for t-mac last season in O-town..........It wasnt steve fault our system didnt fit him......Why dont you blame rudy for getting sick and taking steve out of his game or blame les for bring in JVG....

I loved having steve and dont feel bad for anything he did to help us be a winning team.

19. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

:rolleyes:

I can already forsee that you and Yetti will complain about McGrady this coming season when he leads the team in shots.

20. Nova

Nova Member

What Jeff said.

Lay off the guy, Franchise and Cat were the heart and soul of this team, respectively.

Jeff, why didn't you lock this?