1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

AJ Griffin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Jun 18, 2022.

1. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Are you going to quote yourself when you're wrong again or pretend you weren't?

2. j@amc

j@amc Member

Some can't appreciate John Hollinger at all. But here's just a clip from his write-up about the non-good D of Griffin:

"Going through his tape, I found it one thing to see ACC Player of the Year Alondes Williams cook him on a straight-line drive; when a random dude from Army did the same thing, that’s when the red flags really started flapping in the wind."​

King1 likes this.
  3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Ah, the galaxy brain chimes in.

Entertain me clown, tell me how you think that statement would end up wrong.....tell me how I'm going to be proven wrong that a player shooting 45% from 3 isn't special.

4. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

I’d bet with anybody on this board that AJ Griffin’s career ends up being worse than his dad’s career.

5. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Battier! The player who's productivity NEVER showed up on the Stat Sheet. Lol

cheke64 likes this.
  6. cheke64

cheke64 Member

he mythically could knock down 3's only accounting 8ppg while his opponent earned the hardest 40 points ever.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Wow, that's an exceptionally bold hot take.

So you think someone likely to be a lottery pick in this year's draft will have a worse career than an undrafted player that didn't even sniff NBA minutes till they were 25 and wasn't even a role player for more than a few seasons in his entire career?

Damn, NEVER go to Vegas.

8. King1

Again. Pretending to be important on an internet message board. I had hoped you worked on that.

We'll move to the basketball portion of the conversation. He's not special at all. He's shooting college spot up 3's. That's it. He's not going to be anything in the pros. As I mentioned earlier He's got no lateral movement. Duke players typically don't perform well in the pros either. He's not going to be the exception

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Oh child.

I don't pretend anything....I just laugh at you.

Anyway, thanks for playing along, but grown folk are talking.

10. King1

That's cute. You're a failed military member with a substance abuse problem. I think I'll take your opinion with a grain of salt. No offense

11. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Lol

12. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

He is prolly worth the risk if he is there at 17 .
    A really good shooter . Big body . Home him into a 4 or small ball 5 . Start him off the bench and try to have him play wing , but I think he’ll be pretty vulnerable there .

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Lol, I do love how you continually write fan fiction about me.

You say you take my opinion with a grain of salt... but it seems like you are all but constantly thinking about me.

Look, while I understand and am flattered, this isn't healthy. You have to know that despite your weird obsession, I don't think about you at all.

14. nejyh

nejyh Contributing Member

He
    He can be placed on injury list the whole year to fully heal. The team is not supposed to compete for one more year. He's very elite at one of the most important skills in basketball. With him & Banchero/Smith/Chet the offensive part of the rebuilding will be essentially complete. The defensive part can then be taken care of, in 2 years max, piece by piece depending of the needs that will arise gradually, through the draft and trades.

15. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Does Griffin wear a purse, drive a pink beetle or polish his nails in black?

If all answers were no

He will not be a ‘Montrose Rocket. @J.R.

J.R. likes this.
  16. King1

I honestly don't care. I'm sure you're continuing to make yourself feel important to whoever will listen but you're not.

Nobody cares about you. I'll call you on your bs though.

17. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

Griffin is super young, has an effective shot, has NBA pedigree with an active coaching dad, and doesn't turn the ball over at all.

Poor defensive play is his only wart. Coach K hasn't really showcased an ability to make his freshman look good on D. This is not to say Griffin is a good defender, but I think his potential on defense is not as bad as his actual defense at Duke.

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

.....ah yes, the person who is constantly writing fan fiction about me "doesn't care"

LOL.

Okay you've served your purpose for today clown, run along.

19. King1

Yeah, it's cute you talk like that but it's not reality. Have another drink lol.

20. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Griffin only shot 28.6% on deep threes (25+ feet), which was the worst among any college player projected in or near the lottery. Could be fairly irrelevant since it's not a huge sample (35 attempts) but just something to note.