1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[WC Finals] (3)Golden State vs. (4)Dallas

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., May 15, 2022.

?

(3)Golden State Warriors vs. (4)Dallas Mavericks

Poll closed May 19, 2022.
  1. Warriors in 4

5.4%
  2. Warriors in 5

16.1%
  3. Warriors in 6

39.3%
  4. Warriors in 7

8.9%
  5. Mavs in 7

14.3%
  6. Mavs in 6

12.5%
  7. Mavs in 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Mavs in 4

3.6%
  1. KingSamJack

KingSamJack Member

TimDuncanDonaut and TEXNIFICENT like this.
  2. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

A college kid smoking weed?

The HORROR!!!!

ROFLMAO!!!

C’mon man half the league smokes. I guarantee you it didn’t effect his draft stock. NBA execs who passed just missed on a Hall of Fame talent. No excuses.

Good Find tho!

#322 TEXNIFICENT, May 23, 2022
    Last edited: May 23, 2022
    roslolian and hakeem94 like this.
  3. KingSamJack

KingSamJack Member

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.co...ombine-klay-thompson-mar1juana-wsu-basketball
    It's literally why he dropped. You can't sell you fan base on a rookie who has not done anything in the league yet and already arrested for smoking weed a franchise has to worry if he does it again.
    https://www.thesportsbank.net/nba/n...t-nba-draft-stock-of-washington-st-s-klay-th/

4. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

while he probably will make the HOF because the basketball HOF is a complete joke, it will be pathetic that he makes it. He's had one, MAYBE two allstar level seasons, and never came close to being an all nba guy. He's been a decent to solid starter most years, and is an insanely overhyped defender (mainly because he's one of the dumbest players ever, basically the reverse draymond on that end)

5. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

I hear ya but he's an elite shooter, a solid defender ( very average now), around 20ppg for his career and he may have 4 rings+ by the time he's done. Not bad. But I agree that compared to the all-time elites he would not be near the top.

6. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

he was never a top 20 player in the league at any point in his career, you can paint it however you want but his inclusion would be a complete disgrace (we will see this soon in the nfl with eli manning). The ringzzzz idiots might say he has a case, but he simply does not have any case what so ever that's based in HIS actual ability and performance

7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

KD did GSW a solid; GSW got D lo, who they traded for a FRP(Kuminga) and Wiggins. Insane

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. tksense

tksense Member

He does hold a few NBA records, and anything 3point related has become extra valuable nowadays. He also has playoff lores in game 6 klay.

Plenty of ppl got in the hall had achieved far less.

9. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

I’m not sure if anyone worse then him has made the hall of fame (or anyone even close). If you wanna put him in cause he had a cool quarter against sacramento, that’s your choice but as i said, it would completely disgrace and devalue the hof even more then it already has been

10. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

You know Calvin Murphy and Mitch RIchmond are in the HOF right? Not to mention those who made it for college or international achievements.

11. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

12. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

I thought richmond getting in was idiotic but he’s considerably above klay’s career

13. nuggien

nuggien Contributing Member

considerably in what way? I don't even remember him making the playoffs very often.

Also guys like drazen petrovic, vlade divac, sarunis marciulonis, calvin murphy, ralph sampson etc... make the case for Klay being an automatic HOFer

14. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

i view HOF as an individual thing not a team accomplishment, so who you play with has no bearing to me. Richmond being in is completely idiotic as i said, but even he's at 79 win shares and almost 30 vrop, klay is at 48.5 and 15. Drazen is in cause he died, that's different though he shouldn't be in. Calvin is at 84 win shares, vorp doesn't go that far back, but he also shouldn't be in. Ralph is one of the most asinine inclusions, but since it's "basketball" and not nba, he's in for his college stuff which at least makes sense, nothing in klay's career would make any sense.

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

People have given up on Wiggins, it was still a long shot.

roslolian likes this.
  17. Houstonfan2022

Mavs used all their energy on Suns. I am always rooting against Mavs. Never forgot Rockets' 2005 series against Dallas.

18. roslolian

roslolian Member

Klay has a career 3 pt % of 42% on 7 attempts,thats on top of being a good defensive player.

He may not put up insane statistical nos but he deserves to be in the HOF because he contributes a lot to winning. If Curry didnt exist he can make a claim for best shooter in league history.

If the Rockets had Klay as Harden's costar they'd have at least 1 ring by now.

19. wekko368

wekko368 Member

If Curry didn't exist, you can't assume Klay would shoot the same percentages. Curry draws a considerable amount of defensive attention.

20. roslolian

roslolian Member

But that applies to everyone. MJ wouldnt be the goat if Bulls didnt draft him, as he wouldnt have the supporting cast he needed in Houston or Portland. Meanwhile Hakeem would totally be the Goat if he landed in either Portland or Chicago, cuz he would have either Drexler or Rodman+Pippen as his crew early on and start collecting rings.

Kobe wouldnt be seen as 2nd greatest SG if Lakers didnt trade for him, as he would be stuck with the Hornets on a crappy team etc

If Curry didnt exist, GSW would still roll with Monta Ellis who still drew a significant amount of attention during his day. Regardless who it is GSW would have some sort of.lead creator who Klay will play off the ball off and generate a lot of space for.