1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would You Trade Jalen Green For. . .

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rokman, May 5, 2022.

?

Would You Trade Jalen for Another Top 4 Pick

1. Yes

37 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. No

184 vote(s)
    83.3%
  1. Rokman

Rokman Member

I have acknowledged that 97% disagree, and that doesn't bother me. Insults do though, and i don't think you would appreciate it either. I'm not thin skinned but I don't like someone hurling insults at me.

2. Rokman

Rokman Member

I have no issue with disagreement, I have an issue with disrespect. You can make your point without tearing the person down. The idea may be a bad one, that's fine, but calling people dumb, stupid, etc over a question of would you make a particular trade is overkill. I never said the Rockets SHOULD trade Jalen for a Top 4 pick. I think everyone read the post and immediately got triggered without realizing it was a question not a recommendation. Respect is needed on the forum and this post is a perfect example of how ugly people can be over something so small. Y'all need to cool it.

3. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Absolutely not lmao wtf you hit on a top 2 pick so you trade him for a top 4 to roll the dice again?

CarlosGM likes this.
  4. Sep11ie

Sep11ie Member

Wtf is wrong with you?

xtruroyaltyx likes this.
  5. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Given Jalen’s talent and his significant improvement over the 2nd half of the season, I’d rather roll the dice with him than get another top 4 pick. I think objectively speaking, it’s hard to get a better player out of the draft. For example, I probably wouldn’t draft Barnes over Green, and he was rookie of the year. Cam and Mobley? Probably, but it’s close. So considering that was one of the best drafts in years, how can one argue that we have a good chance of getting a better player than Green with a top 4 pick? I rest my case. ;)

6. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Pffft basically what I said. If rokman can't handle my posts he/she gotta start putting a lot of the posters on this forum on ignore.

7. Starvela

Starvela Contributing Member

I would trade him for Jokic to go along with some others already mentioned...I also still like Cunningham a little more....

8. Rokman

Rokman Member

Yeah you're right only you added that it was dumb as fk, that I had weird ass logic, and that I'm foolish. Pffft what the heck was I offended by?

9. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I would trade Green for a top 15 player under 25 and that's it, because that's how high I think his potential ceiling is. Would rather keep and develop him with our other young players and build a core.

10. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

U got hurt by that and say u aren't thinned skin? Okay bud.

11. Rokman

Rokman Member

LOL, you're joking, right? You're unbelievable.

12. dmoneybangbang

For which year? This draft, nah.

13. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Jalen is extremely underrated. The only two players I would trade him for right now is Giannis and Ja.

I would rather see out his future.

I hope he’s working strictly mid range this off season.

14. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Setting value and everything about the trade aside, this wouldn't be a good look for the organization. Players are still people - the ones traded and the ones not traded. Moves have to be measured with some context of how they will affect the team and its perception.

15. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

Why would you need a crystal ball when you have already seen an entire season of Jalen play in the NBA? No player in this draft gives you that data, if Jalen had an awful year then maybe you take a chance on another pick, but he had a great year for a rookie. There is no guaranteed top pick like Lebron in this draft, so no good GM or org would consider trading proven for unproven for the chance at a slight upgrade, especially when there is no one in this draft that is a guaranteed super star, as those types of guys come along every 5-10 years.

Rokman likes this.
  16. Rokman

Rokman Member

Fair enough.

BallSoHarden likes this.
  17. Reeko

Reeko Member

18. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Trying to figure out how this thread is 7 pages long and has more than one Yes.

BallSoHarden likes this.
  19. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Trading Green for any pick in this draft would be like taking 3 steps backward. Making us 3 years from being 2 years away.

red5rocket likes this.
  20. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Well you have BTG definitely voting yes. I am guessing #2 is the one that thinks he is too feminine to be a superstar. #3 is probably that one Mobley superfan that was super toxic about Green. The 7 threads have mostly been the OP trying to defend how dumb of a thread this was.

red5rocket and Two Sandwiches like this.