1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trevelin Queen placed on waivers (? Possibly in health & safety protocol)

Discussion in 'Rio Grande Valley Vipers' started by Dr of Dunk, Dec 9, 2021.

1. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I noticed the Vipers finally lost, but also noticed Trevelin Queen didn't play. Then I noticed he didn't even exist on the roster anymore - at least not on the RGV Vipers website. He was ballin on the team, too. I wonder what happened?

The only news I can find is on a CBS Sports fantasy site :

Trevelin Queen: Contract placed on waivers

2. RedIsen

RedIsen Member

They replaced him with Jimond Ivey, who RGV drafted this year, but had been playing overseas up until Tuesday.

"Ivey has played overseas the past three seasons, most recently starting in all 25 games at T71 Dudelange in the Total League from Luxembourg during the 2020-21 season. He averaged 20.7 points, 6.0 rebounds, 5.1 assists and 1.1 steals per 38.2 minutes played."

Are the Vipers looking for PG depth to replace Christopher? Idk, seems kinda strange. Can't find anything on where Queen ended up.

Dr of Dunk likes this.
  3. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

With as well as he was playing, I'd bet he got a decent money offer overseas and RGV did him a solid by releasing him.

VoR and Dr of Dunk like this.
  4. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Yeah, I saw he got picked up, but Queen was probably the best player on the team, so I was kind of shocked that he was just waived for nothing.

This could be true, but I haven't seen anything about him signing anywhere. But then that sometimes takes a while for the news to come out. Kind of shocked me a bit is all.

5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I went ahead and asked Twitter, got a response. Odd the GLeague website would remove him from the roster

No Worries, FLASH21 and Dr of Dunk like this.
  6. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

That's even more odd. Thanks.

7. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

FYI : He's back and playing and ... back on the Vipers' roster on the website. So I guess it was "health & safety protocols" to the extreme. They even removed him from the website for the duration. Now that's practicing safe distancing. ;)

FLASH21 likes this.
  8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Maybe they were trying to send a message. Take these "health & safety protocols" seriously. Being left off the roster, even briefly, would get a player's attention.

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

10. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

lol. Yeah. Weird stuff going on.

D-rock and J.R. like this.
  11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Surprised by the performance of Traveling.

12. D-rock

D-rock Member

What a turnaround.

Whatever happened, glad it worked out for him and the Vipers.

GO QUEEN!!!