1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Free-agents visiting Hoiuston?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by j-bone, Jul 11, 2001.

1. j-bone

j-bone Member

Have anyone heard of any free-agents visiting Houston? I was just wondering because all of the NBA experts keep saying we're pursuing Davis, Webber, Robinson, etc.... but none of them have visited alsready. I'm just curious to know the scoop on this from Clutch, Jeff, or whoever. Keep the wondering fans posted. [​IMG]

------------------

2. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Whats happening is Hakeem. He has decided not to speak to the Rockets just yet. No one knows why for sure but the Rockets can't even begin with negotiations with their own free agents until they agree in terms with Dream or renounce him. While it is possible the Rockets will get someone outside of the orginization as a free agent they don't want to send Mo, Moochie and Shandon the wrong message by bringing in other free agents while they have been placed on the back burner waiting for Dream.

By the way, I would send a message to Dream and his agent that a continued lack of communication would be taken as a sign that Dream has no intentions of resigning with the Rockets and renounce him and begin our free agent season with out him in our plans. I would turn my attention to Jackson, Nazr or LaFrentz.

And the Rockets are no longer interested in Webber.

------------------

[This message has been edited by crash5179 (edited July 11, 2001).]

3. E.J. Tucker

E.J. Tucker Contributing Member

Didn't Hakeem sign with the same agent that Anderson uses. Doesn't he have a habit of dragging things out forever like he did when Anderson signed with us the first time? If he can drag it out until anyone we would go after has a deal worked out, then we have no choice but to sign his people for what they want.

------------------

4. j-bone

j-bone Member

Hakeem's actions are starting to wear thin on me. I understand that the Rockets may be looking at this situation as a PR move, but you have to get on with it and give Hakeem his walking papers. The guy can probably convince Rudy that this is the best that he's felt in so many years (ya know that's what free-agents always say to get paid), but we all know that Hakeem will play great for the first 20 or so games and then age and health will catch up with him and force him to miss valuable time. I say let's go after LaFrentz or Jackson and get our roster finalized.

------------------

5. raww

raww Member

Thats the way I feel. If Hakeem doesn't feel it's important to talk to the Rockets, then why should the organization make it a big deal. I would just sign my free agants first and what ever is left, offer it to Hakeem. If he doesn't like it then "SEE YA". The impression I'm getting from him is that its about the money now! Not about the team or winning.

------------------
    RAWW
    Paid for by the Frudy T. Gin and Juice Daquari Factory.

6. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Posting 101
    "Never misspell a topic"

------------------
    Reactions after The Rockets got Eddie Griffin for 3 draft picks

"Eddie For 3 ... Yes!!! O Mother!!!!!!!"