1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Nets 4/5/2022

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 4, 2022.

1. rkh-dog

rkh-dog Member

Gary Bird laid an egg. He is forever Gary Mathews.

34to11, eliefor3 and snowconeman22 like this.
  2. vator

vator Contributing Member

I honestly disliked the way Jalen played tonight more than KPJ at the end of the day. Jalen had an amazing end to the 1st and went missing in the 2nd. KPJ played an atrocious 2nd quarter though and put on an epic display of shot jacking and tunnel vision. He turned it back around 2nd half. 1 bad quarter out of 4 in my opinion. He had head scratching moments, but is what it is.

If KPJ had a B+ game I’d give JG a B-

He has to take some responsibility for being frozen out of the offense and demand the ball. Also unleash some of that craftiness he displays on occasion when he goes to the basket. He passes it away too soon when initial drive is cut off and I’d like to see him probe a little more instead.

All in all. Good loss. Magic lost.

Vibes

don grahamleone likes this.
  3. Reeko

Reeko Member

Steve Nash has been blessed with KD, Kyrie, Harden, and even MDA and Ime Udoka as assistants last year, and he still looks completely clueless

Roomba likes this.
  4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

This is why we draft Jabari this year and Wembanyama next year.

5. Reeko

Reeko Member

Nets fans should be feeling very nervous about the play-in…I don’t trust Charlotte, but the Hawks or Cavs at home could get it done

DreamShook likes this.
  6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

All this stuff is because Jalen is still in kindergarten. he will get stronger.

also, Jalen is a bucket but he has no bag, IMO. Getting the switch on a big he only relies on his speed; he has no counters. When Jalen passes out, when he has no shot on these bigger players, KPJ needs to pass back immediately like Sengun does to use his speed.

Jalen will get some counters and he won't have to pass out of these mismatches; he wont have to rely so much on his speed.

GotGame15, T for 3, vator and 2 others like this.
  7. conquistador#11

Yo some German reporter just asked Silas about Dennis and bringing him back, come on man.

Roomba and apollo33 like this.
  8. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Back to Germany? Sure.

Bo6, Roomba and conquistador#11 like this.
  9. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I mean dude was calling for ball and not getting it the last 2 min … KPJ shot a 3 , Christopher had a TO, KPJ missed a layup off side of backboard lol

34to11, Boii and Bo6 like this.
  10. Reeko

Reeko Member

OKC wins again

“Rockets gonna end up with the 8th pick” :rolleyes::rolleyes:

DeBeards and sirjesse like this.
  11. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Rockets may wanna bring in 2 point guards this offseason via draft or FA... Just to ensure themselves that the KPJ as a point guard experiment is truly over.... That dude is a gifted scorer.. Let that mfer thrive as 6th man or move him to a team that needs him..

Hank McDowell likes this.
  12. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Positionless basketball doesn't mean roleless basketball. Guys still have to be put in positions (pun intended) that make them successful and play to their strengths.

I guess we should take it as some kind of sign that they have to so blatantly make poor rotations and play guys in roles that don't suit them to keep on tanking. A proper rotation/role would have us at 30 wins with no roster changes whatsoever, I firmly believe that.

Roomba and DreamShook like this.
  13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I dont think Jalen cuts enough. but thats my opinion. Jalen always looks like he is nailed to the 3 point line. I need Jalen needs to cut as much as Tate, Jaygup, and KJ.

KPJ needs to see you when he is in his move

gfab-babyboi and Roomba like this.
  14. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

Kevin Mchale school of legends who are still figuring coaching out…

Reeko likes this.
  15. apollo33

apollo33 Member

That's true. Although the no bag thing has more to do with ball handling imo. I think his speed allows him to get away with some of his high dribbles, because he essentially only needs to dribble once to get past you.

It's crazy watching Kyrie keeping his dribble alive and misdirects the bigs.

DreamShook likes this.
  16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Just checked the box score . . . . KPG and Green scorched some folx
    but Kyrie Scorched us
    Who was guarding him?

Rocket River

DeBeards and Roomba like this.
  17. my time to shine

to be fair that’s a good coping mechanism lol. Franz looks to be a baller.

either way they wasted a top 5 pick though - should’ve taken kuminga or Giddey

18. Reeko

Reeko Member

Jalen Green has a bag, it’s just not designer

19. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

KPJ is the main reason we didn't get blown out. We were playing BKN...Man. He played 41 minutes...Rockets@105, and he went for 36 of it (while defending the floor).. 3rd in +/-...Yeah, Green's probably on his way to superstardom, but KPjr is special too. He was obviously told to look to score with BKN and all their firepower.(along with their zone) It never ceases to amaze me how folks viewing through their JG filters can get their priorities all out of kilter and lose sight of what's really happening out there. Forget about the point guard label for a second. He played a helluva game, and y'all are hammering on him.

Dankstronaut and PatBev like this.
  20. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Problem is you can't have everyone cutting, Green needs to be positioned at the 3 point line as a safety. So cutting would mostly be for the guys that can't shoot as well as Green (Tate, Martin etc.).

If the team fields more capable shooters, I would expect Green to take advantage of his speed and cut more.

gfab-babyboi and DreamShook like this.