1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Jalen Green Experience is Coming

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mathloom, Nov 9, 2021.

1. BonziWellsGOAT

Kpj just can't help himself. Just make a smart play and don't kill momentum

lmao posted this in the wrong thread

#5161 BonziWellsGOAT, Apr 3, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2022
    vator likes this.
  2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

LOL - ok junior.

What
    Ev
    er

DD

3. Tato1971

Tato1971 Member

This guy is breaking records day after day. I think it would be totally unfair if he didn't win the ROY.

4. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Relax, we're all Rocket fans here, I think we're all glad you've finally decided to support this team and the rookies for once.

5. MystikArkitect

Corey Brewer would be proud.

6. DaDakota

Jalen was super efficient tonight as was Christopher - KPJ with his 8 Assists mitigated by 8 turnovers....ugh.

DD

BigShasta and 18pbr like this.
  7. conquistador#11

He should be at nine 30 point games but who is counting.

Fulgore and i3artow i3aller like this.
  8. apollo33

apollo33 Member

When is Jalen going to drop a 40 burger.

Bo6 and DreamShook like this.
  9. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Elvin did it in San Diego and was Rookie of the Year. That was the season I discovered the Rockets. Elvin took me there.

BigMaloe, RocketWalta, Easy and 11 others like this.
  10. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

When KPJ begins to understand that he doesn't need to have the ball every possession and initiate plays every single time.

There is value in giving the ball up and standing in the corner when you have two guys (Green and Christopher) cooking.

red5rocket, Boii, BigMaloe and 6 others like this.
  11. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Ugh! Green is sitting on 31, why not let him take the last shot to see if he can get career high again? No he has to pad his stats

DreamShook likes this.
  12. Ekiu

Ekiu Member

The Minnesota broadcast did not even have him on the all rookie 1st team.... I think its a little too late to change the bs narrative he picked up or never actually was noticed because of the other rookie fast starts.

13. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

It's not about the flip flop, it's about making an assessment before an assessment should have been made. I think the opposite would have been tru as well. If green started out hot and people were annoiting him as the best ever that too would have been wrong
    It was just wrong to start calling the kid a bust or start having future projections after 20 games. I don't mind the people that said he sucks right now and needs to get better bc he did, it was the whole crowd that was yelling rockets blew the pick after a 19 year olds first month in the NBA, playing with 2 bigs clogging the middle

14. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Take Porter out and put in Christopher and JG would have a few 40 pt games

15. DaDakota

So, what you are arguing is that people should not make their own mind up about players, in their own time?

Is there a published standard about when people can make their mind up on the data available?

I mean the truth is - that and this is ridiculous - and who the hell cares what anyone says on the internet, most of us don't know each other, never will, so who cares is someone makes up their mind earlier than you think it is ok to do.....and who cares if they change it later? It is their opinion, they get to make the rules for that, not you, not anyone else....

Just seems bizarre.

DD

BigMaloe, Tankeio and jbond77 like this.
  16. Rockets4Life13

So you want to have the right to voice your opinion, which is basically proven wrong right, but won't allow posters who at the time thought you were wrong to call you out on your bad take after it has been exposed as a bad take?

That's not how this works.

Everyone voicing their opinion (especially as loud as you did) should be able to eat the crow after they've been proven wrong.

I had a strong opinion about JG from before the draft. I have it in my signature and I didn't switch up when he had a terrible start to his season because I understand that a Rookie's career is not defined by the first 10,20,40 games or even the first season.

If he'd still suck right now I would still stick to my prediction because I trust my instincts and don't rely on small sample sizes like this to switch up on my position.

And I don't think anyone really has a problem with people saying that Green sucked at the beginning of the year - atleast I didn't.
    I had a problem with the definitive statements saying that he will never be a good player.

I personally don't think you were as annoying about it as people make it out to be.

There's atleast 5 posters that were way worse about this to the point where I thought it was more important to them to be right than the rockets be good. This is the line you never cross so I don't mind your takes as much as most posters.

17. Convictedstupid

Yeah yeah sure, but what was his +- for tonight’s game?

/s

18. 18pbr

18pbr Member

Its crazy because you would think Minnesota broadcasters would understand after Edwards did the exact same thing last year.

19. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

its not even that I think JAYGUP is much better player than KPJ since Gup also has some dumb TO's from time time. But Gup is all about team ball. he will pass you the ball if you're open. He will drive with the sole purpose to kick the ball out so someone else can shoot.

KPJ will give you yours until a point. Jalen was hot then KPJ inexplicably starts shouting weird jumpers. Even a shoot first PG like Kyrie will step back and let KD cook forever. A PG like CP3 will feed you until you miss a couple before getting into the regular offense.

it's like KPJ thinks we will forget his worth if he isn't doing something at all times.

20. i3artow i3aller