1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Gray: Francis to visit Orlando

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by NIKEstrad, Jun 24, 2004.

1. munco

munco Member

Very good point but everything I read about this kid points to him taking a bit of time to develop. Lebron was a ready made pro and people knew he was ready, he was an exception for a guard/sf. Amare's game is a power game. I think DH might take some time because his game is more like a SF/Guard in a big man's body like KG and guys like that take a little time to develop.. Then again I could be wrong.

In any case, if you're Steve Francis I think you'd definitely favor Okafor over DH for the Magic to pick.

2. munco

munco Member

TD? Are you assuming that? I read somewhere that T-Mac also wants somewhat of a challenge too. He's known to be good friends with Shaq and has publicly said he wants to play with Shaq but I've never heard about TD. Also from a money/marketing standpoint playing with Yao is going to help alot.

3. Jebus

Jebus Contributing Member

where did you get Indiana? I thought it was only Houston?
    by the way, you picked the right time to come out of lurk mode.

4. Sane

Sane Member

Weisbrod deserves to have his ass whooped if he lets Francis dictate this deal. It will set the standard for all trades - someone has to make sure the line is drawn. Players under contract for 6 more seasons SHOULDN'T have a say in any deal.

5. Deepsouth

Deepsouth Member

Steve is a good guy, but his agent is too stupid.

6. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

This is stupid as F. Francis doesn't have a no trade clause, and he says something around - I understand it's business my feeelings won't be hurt. But he wants to meet with the team, and now "It's all up to Francis".

7. Rocketball

Rocketball Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Hey, when has any player visited a city before being traded (that was not a sign and trade deal)? I have never heard of that before...

8. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

I guess I'm the only one who is not thrilled about this whole situation. I hope Steve doesn't like Orlando, and I hope the Rockets do the right thing and keep him around. Like he said, he thought the Rockets were working on something. THey made strides this year, and all of the sudden, the core of the team is being broke up. I can't believe after one year, with a new coach, we're trading half the team for Tmac(great player) and garbage. It makes me sick. I think JVG has alot to do with this too....oh well....I'm a Rockets fan nontheless, but this trade makes me absolutely sick to my stomach.

Cod

9. BBFEVER

BBFEVER Contributing Member

Exactly...this is a done deal!

10. Jebus

Jebus Contributing Member

If Steve doesn't like Orlando, he will still be traded from Houston, we'll just get totally screwed, value-wise.

Juwan Howard is better than Cato for PF by a few miles, so I'd hardly call him garbage.

Lue is a serviceable point.

We're also getting out from under Cato's bad contract.

And getting a 25 year old who is a top 5 player in the league.

11. Remix

Remix Member

Man, i cant stand Seteve anymore, Bacialy hes shown to the league if i dont like it, then it wont happen. Who does Steve think he is? he has absolutely no say in this trade, yet he acts like he does which is pissing me off. The ironic thing is, he complains so he can stay in houston, but either way Houstons going to trade him.

12. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

JVG has nothing to do with it. And that "garbage" includes Howard who ha a career average of 18 ppg and around 7 rpg and put up those numbers last year and has done it on good teams and bad teams,

13. r-fan-since-81

r-fan-since-81 Contributing Member

Did anybody see Wiseass (MAJIC GM) on ESPN NBA Draft 2004 show. After the 10th pick he was asked about a T-Mac time frame. He claimed as soon as the Draft is over.

14. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

did Tolbert work how how to tie his shoelaces yet??

15. macho GRANDE

macho GRANDE Elvis, was a hero to most but................

Jameer Nelson to Orlando? WTF?

16. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Yeah, That doesnt sound good. Why do they trade for him if Francis is coming in? Does that mean Orlando would want to move him?

I am confused.

What is scary is that the package of players that Phoenix is offering does NOT include a PG, so if Orlando made a trade they would need a PG...they just got one in the draft. :(

17. macho GRANDE

macho GRANDE Elvis, was a hero to most but................

I'm not happy.

18. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

19. JPM0016

JPM0016 Contributing Member

Orlando would be giving up Lue, don't they need another PG besides Francis?

20. SA Rocket

SA Rocket Contributing Member

Man, I was hoping the Rocket's were going to surprise us by trading for Jameer.:(

Hey.....what if Jameer is coming with TMac?