1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Blazers 3/26/2022

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 26, 2022.

1. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

would you also like for management to bribe the refs in order for rockets to become better?
    would you enjoy basketball more then?

2. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Oh man I didn't think you were going to be able to make a point but then you used all caps and I was like whoa that really hit the point home. I mean if that didn't do it then senseless name calling of random strangers definitely did it.
    Also would you kindly point to NBA champs in the last 10 years and also (in all caps if you can) point out how non of them also had a top 10 pick. Thanks !! Oh! If you get extra time some more insults would be great.

hakeem94 likes this.
  3. MC_hammer

MC_hammer Member

4. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

hahahah! thank you! this was a fun post...I appreciate your kindness a lot...if only i could temper my wordings like you...honest i do my best but sometimes emotions get my best of me

btw

do you know that correlation is not equal causation?
    also you need to learn about pygmalion effect(dont reply to this post before at least reading wikipedia article on it)...and self fullfiling prophecy...due to false belief in their superiority(perhaps that was case in the past but not anymore because talent pool is wider today and the rest of the world caught up) top picks get , more playing time, better and more chances and better treatment from their team, the fans, the league, the agents and the refs, so naturally they fare better....

so they prospered not because they were more talented but because people and their team believed in them and gave them opportunities(just like bucks believed in yanis...nuggets beleived in jokic, gsw beleived in draymond,,suns beleived in washed up cp3.... rockets can do that as well no need to tank..pick 16 can be a lot better than 2)

we saw it real time this year FIRSTHAND.....where jalen green was able to play lot more minutes than alpi and play tru his mistakes and alpi was held back and punished for BOTH good and bad play DESPITE BEING A SUPERIOR PLAYER...and they play started to reverse, the one given more minutes, opportunities and better chances started to play better and the other started to play worse...

nothing to do with the talent and all with the belief in magical powers of the top picks

lol and of course every champion has got to have at least one top 10 pick...because there are a lot of top 10 picks in last 10 years( 100 of them of course they end up on the winning teams) it doesnt meant they get you titles...juts like EVERY SUCKING TEAM IN NBA IN LAST 10 YEARS has probably also had a top 10 pick

rockets have had BOTH PICK NO 1 AND PICK NO 2(john wall olabricko and jalen green) for the LAST TWO YEARS and were the worst team in nba .. does it mean top 2 picks are bad...?

SORRY FOR THE CAPs they sometimes randomly turn on and i dont have the time to write again in small letters

5. 34to11

34to11 Member

Nah, this place will always, Always, ALWAYS find something to whine, b****, and complain about.

6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

youre right. I should say I would be happy if the rockets only play the rookies.

vator likes this.
  7. hakeemthagreat

Again, some of you cheering for us to lose games are the same ones critical of Silas for losing games. Which side is it?

dmoneybangbang and 34to11 like this.
  8. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

For me it's both. While I am not cheering for us to lose (i.e I enjoyed watching last 2 games) I am more focused on next year.
    So for example, if the game is close, I want the rookies in the game regardless of that meaning we lose the game or not bc them getting exp late in the game to try to pull a game out is more important than rockets winning or losing
    I care more about what we are doing for the development of green, alpi, kmj, Christopher, garuba, kpj(yes I am still holding out hope for him) then anything else. If we lose and get a top 2 pick that's just gravy. So for me losing is not what I am cheering for but it gets me through the loses knowing each loss potentially leads to a great player

9. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

the trick with tanking is to not win games in the most skilled manner possible ;)

B-Bob and Salvy like this.
  10. Squirtle

Squirtle Member

back to back DUBS baby! we're going all the way this year!!!

11. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

upload_2022-3-27_16-11-39.gif

12. roslolian

roslolian Member

The Rox are officially out of contention for the playoffs they should be trying to lose every game to mainta8n the highest probability of getting the first pick.

Would you really rather have Jalen Duren or Aj Griffin over Ivey/Banchero/Smith/Holmgren? Cmon man.

13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I’m critical of Silas for who he’s playing and for how long. At this point of this season, if we lose every game we have left, or win every game left, heaven forbid, let it be with the youngsters we have, not with players like Wood or Schroder, who should be sitting on the damn bench watching every single minute.

i3artow i3aller and B-Bob like this.
  14. hakeemthagreat

You can't let Sengun foul out by the 3rd quarter every game. Wood is our best bigman and Schroder is our best pure point guard. Playing a pure pg next to Jalen helps him. You need vets on a team like this works