1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chapter 2: Welcome to The Jalen Green Experience

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mathloom, Feb 27, 2022.

1. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Intangibles.

2. BonziWellsGOAT

They just throw **** out there.

i3artow i3aller and xaos like this.
  3. xaos

xaos Member

I can agree he is currently about 50% more skilled than Green.

I know you've posted the "ready now" comment enough times to know there's really no convincing you otherwise, so I'll just say that mentality is correct if they're x years away from being x years away, but Green's projection and potential is completely undersold here. I disagree very much with drafting the most ready guys at the top of the draft for teams starting year one of a rebuild. I doubt we'll convince each other otherwise so I'll just respectfully disagree

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  4. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

I'm even more confused than I was before.

5. Falcao

Falcao Rookie

Ask Memphis if they would accept 10 Jalen Green's for one Morant.

palmsnbananas likes this.
  6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I think Morant shows why you draft Green if anything. Outside of Green being slightly taller they are SUPER similar types. Like if I were playing NBA 2k and building my character the only thing is that I'd give Ja more ball handling than Green coming into the league. Everything else would be similar.

Morant isn't built on strength. He's built on speed and explosiveness, which is the same as Green.

IF green improves his handle and shot, that's it. He's going to explode on the scene just like Morant has done, or more or less because part of what makes Ja, Ja, is his mentality.

If anyone wants to knock Green in comparison to Ja it is his mentality. Ja came in as a killer and is still so. He wants to DESTROY the other team and he has that kind of Westbrook/Kobe 'Mamba' mentality that I think we all wished Green would have.

That is the one thing I worry about with Green. He seems way too content standing in the corner waiting for the ball. Way too content giving in to Wood who is constantly calling for the ball.

It's a pro and a con, really. It's a pro that he's such a good teammate and willing to share the ball even if it means he only gets 10 points that night...but its a con because superstar players are egomaniacs.

Thankfully, this is something that can change on the team...with the right coach or vet or whatever.

I think right now there are so many players on this team throwing up shots that it is hard for Green to just go out there and get shots up.

Millennium_Fan and xaos like this.
  7. CXbby

CXbby Member

Delete this thread…

clutchdabear and palmsnbananas like this.
  8. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

Lol these people are so delusional

9. HardenVolumeOne

athletic pgs dont last... john wall, westbrick, derrick rose.. baron davis.. ja morant is just the new flavor of the time being, he wont last with his wreckless playstyle

10. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

Ja is like Westbrook but with actual basketball skills

Green is like Damian Lillard without skills

keep fooling yourselves lol

I hope he develops and becomes good but he will never be a Morant, I honestly don’t know who to compare him to?

11. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

Maybe he can become a supercharged Kevin Martin type of player? That kind of player would actually be very very good in my opinion

palmsnbananas likes this.
  12. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

This was a frustrating game that was atrocious offensively up until his final garbage time burst. I've got mixed feelings on the end of the game here...you can interpret it in two different ways. An optimist would say that Jalen Green needs to get in a rhythm in order to play well. He needs more shots, he needs the ball more, and if he is allowed to get this rhythm then his offense looks much much better. He's a rhythm shooter and he needs the ball in his hands to make plays. The hater would say that Jalen Green can only excel against scrubs where nobody is playing any defense, which is why he was good in the g league, the rising stars game, the summer league, and this blowout loss against the bench players. I think it's a mix of both.

13. conquistador#11

A Cade Cunningham performce tonight, 20 points on 21 shots. so March begins for a second shot at rookie of the month

zeeshan2 likes this.
  14. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

It is foolish to think he is at morants level but come dawg I am Damian Lillard without skills not green.

15. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

16. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

The best we can hope for at this point is for Jalen Green to become a serviceable rotation player in the next year or two. We didn't get the superstar that we wanted and needed, but hopefully he can be a useful piece. We need to hit on our 2022 pick.

CXbby, GotGame15 and palmsnbananas like this.
  17. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Wasn't Covington guarding him on alot of his points? Certainly not a scrub. And yes it is easier to score in scrub time but what was different was they played him to his strength which is not as a spot up shooter or a straight 1 on 1 but in pick and rolls and cuts. Btw I said that about him during the 2nd quarter and it's true. He needs the right system and the right opportunities right now. He also needs them consistently. With the starters he rarely gets those and when he does it's never on rhythm.

pippendagimp and harold bingo like this.
  18. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Well let’s see. On opening day rookie Ja Morant was already 20 years old. He performed well when he was 20. But check Jalen Greens stats when he was 20 as well. It’s pretty good and excludes most of the first half of the season.

Ja had two stints in college to learn how to play winning basketball. Jalen Green had a small G league schedule of only 15 games over a truncated time period. Not a lot of time to work on improvements or get a feel for basketball.

safe to say that Jalen is more raw because he had less game experience than Ja did going into their rookie campaigns

19. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Wow just wow.
    By your logic NBA just has 2 level of players, superstars and servicable.
    This fan base has zero patience.
    I need to start a I have grown to hate the inpatient "fan," base thread.

slothy420, BigMaloe, zeeshan2 and 6 others like this.
  20. Reeko

Reeko Member

Ja and Jalen might have similar body types, but the skill difference is so vast that the comparison is null and void IMO

Ja is a legit PG, Jalen Green currently does not have the skill level to even be a combo guard

I still see Zach Lavine as best case scenario like I always have

CXbby likes this.