1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ukraine

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Nov 25, 2018.

1. i3artow i3aller

2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Former president's former national security adviser... siding with putin.

deb4rockets likes this.
  3. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Coming from you. Who blocks people who destroy your talking points.

4. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This really does show how callous, disturbing, greedy, and smitten with Putin Trump really is. I doubt he is even capable of feeling empathy.

As Russia prepared to strike Ukraine and the United States rushed to defend neighboring allies in Europe, former President Donald J. Trump had nothing but admiration for President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia.

He is “pretty smart,” Mr. Trump said on Wednesday at a Florida fund-raiser, assessing the impending invasion like a real estate deal. “He’s taken over a country for $2 worth of sanctions,” he said, “taking over a country — really a vast, vast location, a great piece of land with a lot of people — and just walking right in.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/02/24/world/europe/trump-putin-russia-ukraine.html?smid=url-share

I truly believe he is a sociopath/psychopath, and if he could, he would destroy democracy and rule like Putin. He tried once, and will do it again. He is as Un-American as any President in history.

Deckard likes this.
  5. i3artow i3aller

6. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Where the main character's head is at these days. Disquieting. Accepting no even slightly contrary diction from anyone anywhere close to his orbit.

It won't end well for Putin, but a whole lot of people are going to suffer and die before he does. It's always that way.

7. HTM

HTM Member

I’m starting to think a Russian failure (whatever that looks like) is scarier then a Russian success (whatever that looks like)

Aging, paranoid Putin after being humiliated on the international stage sounds like one of the scarier scenarios I can imagine vis-a-vis nuclear holocaust.

8. foh

foh Member

Lol. That's appeasement. Each time a spoiled unhinged dictator wants something the West is going to go "um let's give in a bit to save the dictator's pride/face"

Yes, we are all scared, but got to live/deal with it. And if it's hard (which it is), check out the video of the snake's island above for inspiration

9. HTM

HTM Member

Appeasement? I didn’t even suggest any action.

Good grief.

10. foh

foh Member

That guy unwittingly gave away the plan. He said that he supports "taking over" DNR and LNR and afterwards was corrected to say "recognize" them. And now they are doing said take over and much more.

B-Bob likes this.
  11. i3artow i3aller

#1351 i3artow i3aller, Feb 25, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2022
    B-Bob and dobro1229 like this.
  12. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

All involved governments totally out of control, f*cking disgusting.

13. Mathloom

Supporting Member

14. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Game recognizes game. I mean evil recognizes evil.

deb4rockets likes this.
  15. Miracle

Miracle Member

I wonder, in the Ukraine case, one group of people wants to get close with the US and EU, while the other group of people wants to get close to Russia or even become part of it. They disagree with each other on many internal and external policies. How should "democracy" be excised in this case? Would you support Ukraine being divided into two countries, with each group of people having their own “freedom” of forming government at their own will?

16. Mathloom

Supporting Member

It's very simple. There are some people in Texas who want to be part of the USA. There are some who don't. Puerto Rico. Hawaii. Costa Rico. How do they continue to function within a democracy?

17. Miracle

Miracle Member

Well, what is your opinion on the US government and media actually inciting the war at their own economic interest, while France and Germany tried their best to calm down both sides?

18. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Depends on what Putin decides to do beyond Ukraine. History tells us to expect he'll eventually set his target on other countries., but you never know for sure.

19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That's because the sanctions were a lot milder than the markets were expecting.

That's the difficult line Biden has to walk - punish Russia without punishing Americans.

20. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member