1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ukraine

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Nov 25, 2018.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

The UKRAINE should offer citizenship immediately to any RUSSIAN soldier who defects....

DD

2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I hope this is true lmao

3. Gioan Baotixita

If you cannot make the connection between energy and inflation then you are more stupid than I give you credit for.

4. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

How do you think they would defend a missile from Poland?

5. justtxyank

Seriously. Give me a break.

1) The US wouldn't need to send troops to defend Israel against a neighbor
    2) If they needed us to we would do it in a heartbeat

Israel isn't Ukraine and her neighbors aren't RUSSIA.

Our hesitancy with Russia is because the cost to fight them would be IMMENSE. If Egypt wanted to invade Israel or Iran or anyone else we could repel them without losing hundreds of thousands of lives.

6. DaDakota

Oh I get it, and I have 2 boys that are of that age. This is 100% like the Anschluss - it is identical.....

I am buoyed by the protests in Russia and that some Russian troops are surrendering in the Ukraine if that becomes a big thing Putin could be done....and have severely overplayed his hand.

DD

justtxyank likes this.
  7. Newlin

Newlin Member

Interesting. And of course the Russian “peacekeepers” would never confirm that.

8. rlivz

rlivz Contributing Member

drilling on federal land isn't banned

9. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

again, i was responding to posters claim that their cost of living increased by 50%. your reading comprehension is atrocious.

did your cost of living go up 50% since biden took office general.

also, trump wears depends.

AleksandarN likes this.
  10. justtxyank

Russian state TV is currently unable to confirm or deny that Russian soldiers are defecting lmao.

Imagine the RUSSIANS confirming something like that.

FranchiseBlade and deb4rockets like this.
  11. Gioan Baotixita

Just wait for it genius, 50% is right around the corner. The war just got started. Be patient.

12. DaDakota

Meanwhile CHINA sits back and laughs as Russia and the West waste resources on war, while China gains more power.....

DD

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  13. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I sure hope it doesn't get to the point of WW3. One thing is for sure, Trump called the half a million who died from Covid under his watch as just 1%. He never showed an ounce of remorse or shed a tear for all the families who lost loved ones. He doesn't have an empathetic bone in his body. Nope. He just has bone spurs in his coward Traitor feet.

DaDakota likes this.
  14. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Economic sanctions "Yes" but urging Ukrainians to fight to the end is typical bs of the armed chair cheerleaders who like the excitement of war on TV and occasionaly rouse themselves to say; "thank you for your service" and put out some yellow ribbons.

The only one who benefits are the military industrialists in Russia and the US.

We might have been able to avoid this with just an agreement to not have Ukraine in NATO. The US and the slavishly loyal mainstream media made this non-negotiable. Silly, when this amounted to little since as Biden sensibly said, we are not going to risk WW III and the end of the world for Ukraine.

Tuckankhamun and DaDakota like this.
  15. DaDakota

We should be helping the Ukrainians to getting Russians to surrender.......their resolve against the Ukraine may be their weakest link,...ie they don't really want to fight.

DD

16. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

So you think the Keystone pipeline or drilling on Federal land would affect gas prices much?

And that anything changed on those things recently?

Where are you getting this from?

17. cheke64

cheke64 Member

18. Tuckankhamun

Tuckankhamun Member

Love hearing war hawks on CNN and FOX demand that I be drafted to die for Burisima Holdings Limited Ukranian "Democracy" after twenty years of failed "nation building".

19. justtxyank

Someone needs to link me to clips of people calling for the US to go to war in Ukraine. I see a lot of internet whining about this but haven't actually heard a single credible person make the suggestion

AleksandarN, ElPigto and jiggyfly like this.
  20. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Ukraine is the size of Texas and all Putin wants is a vassal state and a buffer to NATO. Breaking it down (to foment regime change) and destroying some pieces while the West is paralyzed like Crimea is his win condition.

Not exactly Hitler like but not exactly peanuts either

For now.

They've included initiatives in their five year plans to revert back to a more pure command economy.

If that ever sticks and they become more isolated and fortress like, Taiwan could be on the table.

All depends on how long Xi lasts, how the much more the Chinese can tolerate growing oppression, and whether they want war over handling their own internal problems.