1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Dennis Schroder Experience

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Feb 10, 2022.

?

The DS experience

1. Take off

48 vote(s)
    43.2%
  2. crash landing

63 vote(s)
    56.8%
  1. StevieCrossover

Goodbye chet holgrem.. dennis schroder is here!

2. jayydela

jayydela Member

As much as Schroeder gets clowned, he is still a CP3 disciple/pupil

jcmoon and cheke64 like this.
  3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

4. mikenm268

mikenm268 Member

All around decent game, and yes a vet point guard unsurprisingly makes everything run smoother and everyone look better.

That said, are we all just going to ignore the fact that he basically took us out of the game in the fourth? All the positive stuff I saw with moving the ball and getting the young guys involved seemed to completely stop later in the game. He had multiple possessions in a row where he didn’t pass or even look to pass, ran iso at the top of the key, and tossed up a brick.

cheke64 and ApacheWarrior like this.
  5. Joe Willie

Joe Willie Member

I would say Gordon’s shot selection late in the game was too much to overcome.

cheke64, hajkov, vator and 3 others like this.
  6. i3artow i3aller

A little alarming that Dennis Schroder can have this kind of an impact. We've been stuck in the dark ages.

7. vator

vator Contributing Member

KPJ has been playing great and has renewed my faith that he can be a key piece on this team. I just want him doing his thing on the wing at SG or SF where he can take full advantage of his gifts and not have to worry about doing something that isn’t natural to him. What’s wrong with him being a secondary playmaker? A 16-20 points, 5-6 rebounds and 5-6 assists player that can take turns initiating the offense with the PG in the flow of the game. Having multiple guys on the floor that can create is a huge advantage.

Watching the way Schroder controlled the game in the first 3 quarters is what I mean when I say KPJ isn’t a point guard to me. In my opinion. It’s not that he can’t pas or get the stats. It’s the approach and the constant pressure a PG needs to be putting on the defense. It’s organizing everybody else on the floor. It’s controlling the flow and pace of the game. I don’t think moving KPJ back to the wing hurts him, I think it unlocks him.

jcmoon, cheke64, Omihall23 and 10 others like this.
  8. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

I think he can at some point become a pg. For now playing the 3 would make the game so much easier for him. That or coming off the bench as a scorer

jcmoon and vator like this.
  9. vator

Why wasn’t John Wall doing this?

10. vator

I agree with this 100%. My post was getting long so I stopped, but I also wanted to mention that I think a few years down the line, maybe he can make that transition like Harden did. Being on the wing doesn’t completely take the ball out of his hands. Just means he doesn’t have to set the offense up and be the main person responsible for bringing the ball up. Once he gets the ball, by all means, let him do his thing whether it be taking a shot or creating one for a teammate. Still plenty opportunities to score and wrack up high assist games.

jcmoon and eliefor3 like this.
  11. TimDuncanDonaut

He was setting other guys up. Few of Sengun's buckets (layup and 3's) came from Schroder's assist. And this one to KJ Martin, between the legs pass.

[​IMG]

He has had up and down games in other teams (offensively/defensively), but PG-wise, he's competent at bring the ball up and setting the table.

12. Salvy

Salvy Member

1 game and all of our young guys either have their best game of the year or a great game altogether... Yup, we finally have a point guard.... Keep him and play him as much as possible with Sengun and Green....

13. VoR

VoR Member

This was by far the best the team has looked all year.

jcmoon, hakeem94 and i3artow i3aller like this.
  14. i3artow i3aller

15. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Harden needed time and a coach who could fit his scheme into harden the pg. This year was the only year harden played pg without dantoni at the sidelines and he was starting to have issues with the way offense was run. Would be interesting if harden can play pg without a dantoni offense in Philly.

16. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Not a Silas apologist bc I don't think he is the right coach (atleast has not shown it yet)
    But not having a true pg run his offense has hurt what he wants his team to do out there.

17. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

He had wall last year and we still sucked

18. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

ALWAYS LIKED HIS GAME ALWAYS TORCHED US....but give it some time and silas croaching will do his magic...

Salvy likes this.
  19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He is Dennis the Menace for a reason.

jcmoon likes this.
  20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Uh because they did not let him start but Schroeder comes in and gets the occasional starting gig.......

It is a contractual thing.......

Wall and the org see things differently. Good thing he did not take it to the media because that would have been a major distraction.

jcmoon likes this.