1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Dennis Schroder Experience

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Feb 10, 2022.

?

The DS experience

1. Take off

48 vote(s)
    43.2%
  2. crash landing

63 vote(s)
    56.8%
  1. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

rooks need the structure... they cant soak up knowledge in vacuum ...you gotta surround them with vets...

Jontro likes this.
  2. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

To be fair, he offered Dipo an extension, he signed Theis, he kept House on the team post bubble and his trade deadline last year was embarrassing. Anybody who had him pegged as anything more than an average/middling GM was already deluding themselves, the evidence has been there for a while.

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

That's me reacting to Rockets news every day since your boy Tilman took over. GRATZ

BHannes2BHonest likes this.
  4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

When news first broke of acquiring Schroder, I told myself "oh well we're definitely going to re-route him to a 3rd team, and we should at least get a 2nd rounder for our troubles. cool deal." Then when we didn't flip him to anyone else, I thought "well this sucks - we couldn't get an extra pick. oh well. we will just waive him and hopefully our young guards will continue to grow." Now, I'm out of ways to give this a positive spin. I don't dislike Schroder or think he's of no value in general, but he's of no value to us right now. I just don't get it at all.

D-rock and ElPigto like this.
  5. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

have we been eliminated from play-in contention? I didn’t think so.

<> not serious <>

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://hoopshype.com/lists/nba-rum...dennis-schroder-tristan-thompson-free-agency/

Scotto: When I look at Dennis Schroeder and Eric Gordon in the backcourt for the Houston Rockets on paper, it just doesn’t seem like a fit for the Rockets in their rebuilding phase. Gordon has trade value going into the summer. I was shocked he wasn’t moved now (before the trade deadline). He could certainly be moved over the summer. Schroeder’s an interesting scenario there. I wonder if he’s going to try to get on a contending team, but he’s also got a big free agent year to worry about for himself. Does he stay and try to pad his stats? I don’t see that necessarily being a fit because they have to develop Jalen Green. They just signed Daishen Nix to a four-year, $6 million deal with the first two years of that deal being guaranteed and then non-guaranteed years starting the third year, as I reported for HoopsHype. I’d think they’d prioritize the younger guys and develop them. I’m curious, depending on what happens on the Goran Dragic market where Schroeder can end up going.

Gozlan: It’s not a good long-term fit there and not a great fit there right now either. He’ll get minutes there, but not enough where he’s being showcased for free agency. I feel like he was getting a better opportunity in Boston. I can see this going down where he’ll play a little bit before a player can be waived and the deadline where he can retain playoff eligibility on March 1st. Unless he plays really well and is a good presence in the locker room, I don’t see why Houston needs to re-sign him, so his non-Bird Rights don’t really have any value. I think they’ll try it out for a couple of weeks, and I wouldn’t be shocked if we get towards March 1st that it heads towards a buyout.

Scotto: Is there any chance he’s a sign-and-trade candidate if he ends up staying?

Gozlan: Maybe Houston could get a second-round pick and some cash. He’s basically limited to his non-Bird amount, which is around $7 million.

Corrosion likes this.
  7. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I hope The Dennis Schroder Experience ends soon .... like before it started.

#127 Corrosion, Feb 16, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2022
  8. hajkov

hajkov Consummate Member

The team plays MUCH better with an actual PG.

Stop forcing KPJ to become one and let the Schroeder experience blow your mind.

9. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Oh snap!
    This is better than the Kevin Porter is a point guard experience

10. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Makes not trading Gordon for expirings look like an even bigger mistake.

MarioKissoDeath, Emtenndo and hajkov like this.
  11. pass_to_Hakeem

Thank you!!! One of the better/smarter comments I’ve seen on this post. KpJ is NOT a pg!!!! Lol, this team is SOOOOO much better with a legit pg running the team. He will make Jalen & Josh even better by teaching them where to run on the floor snd where and how to look for their shots. KpJ is a scorer

diehardrockets, dawesome and hajkov like this.
  12. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Absolute great game from him tonight

13. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

Schroder looking pretty good for the young guys development tonight.

diehardrockets and dawesome like this.
  14. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

15. HoustonWest

HoustonWest Member

Well he can make Porter better, too. Porter can be a secondary/emergency ball handler. Doesn't seem like Porter will quite have that ability to develop BBIQ that comes natural to others. Christopher can benefit for sure.

diehardrockets likes this.
  16. hajkov

hajkov Consummate Member

Happened with DJ freaking Augustin already.

17. i3artow i3aller

So we take back everything we ever said lol

willkommen :cool:

18. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Give him a few more games lol

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  19. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

I honestly don't follow Schroder. But lakers offered him a huge ass contract, and he looked great today.

I think this type of performance r what Wall should have been doing.

20. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

This dude needs to tone it down a bit... at least for this season. lol.