1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

~{ James Harden's Philadelphia 76ers }~

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ThatBoyNick, Feb 10, 2022.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Nets may have a higher ceiling
    They definitely have a lower floor..

Nets can be chanpions
    Or
    They could miss the playoffs

The most hilarious result
    Nets miss the playoffs and win the lottery which goes to the Rockets.
    And
    Harden wins a championship

The ultimate win win

Rocket River

2. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

Philly definitely has a chance vs the bucks, you almost always have a chance when you have the best player in the series and barring injury giannis isn’t that close to joel

3. James.B.H

James.B.H Member

I am not saying Roberson is a better player, I don't know where that is coming from. A 30% 3 point shooter is certainly more valuable at three than a 0% 3 point shooter,. Yes, Roberson was left wide open, but it at least gives your offense a not so good option, so your team doesn't always need to have your star taking bad shots with two defenders in front of him. It makes a difference.

I don't know how you could claim Simmons isn't playable at the end of games is make believe, didn't it literally just happened last year? In the 7 games series against the Hawks, he took a total of 3 shots; in the last 4 games o the series (all very close and decided in the last minute), he took 0 shot, zero. He is an offensive liability in half court in tight playoff games, we've seen that countless times throughout his career. He was given the opportunities over and over again after disappointments because he is a large part of the hope of the franchise. Philly hoped he could be magically useful in half court offense one day, but it hasn't happened yet.

jiggyfly and Easy like this.
  4. H. Christopher

Harden will choke again.

xtruroyaltyx and RKREBORN like this.
  5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

6. br0ken_shad0w

br0ken_shad0w Member

Short term Philly won
    Long term Brooklyn won

Don't see Harden being worth a max extension, but for the next 1.5 seasons he's definitely an improvement for Philly.

csnerd84 likes this.
  7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

This makes it seem like you are actually saying that Roberson helps an offense more than Ben Simmons does...if Roberson is off the ball and Simmons is off the ball Simmons is still the more dangerous player because he can finish, drive, and create. Roberson can't.

I'm claiming it by looking at Simmons advanced numbers and that he was featured in all of Philly's best offensive lineups. Look at their 3 man lineups and the Ortg of those lineups, Simmons is on most of those best ones...even without Embiid playing.

Who cares if he takes 0 shots too? I don't think that matters, how a player affects team performance is what matters. Does the player make the team better or worse? For Simmons, the answer is easily yes, yes, and hell yes he does. That he choked in a playoff series...I mean, you as a Harden fan should not be throwing stones about superstar players choking in big games. Both Simmons and Harden have a lot to prove, Harden more so because Simmons is only 25. Teams can't double Durant because Kyrie is still on the team.

Simmons won't hurt the Nets offense unless they put brick layers around him, since they won't do that and that's 100% against their mentality I imagine he'll be just fine. BKN's big issue is if they will all even be playing at the same time which was the same issue with Harden.

8. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Getting Harden has done more for Joel’s knees then years of work from dedicated medical teams

HP3 and Downtown Sniper like this.
  9. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

We did it. We did it mayne. We escaped from Tilman. We f*cking did it James.

Heartwarming honestly.

Nook, MettaWorldPete, riko and 5 others like this.
  10. Reeko

Reeko Member

How is Embiid not the clear cut runaway MVP up to this point?

I’ve seen people bring up Jokic as the MVP frontrunner, and I’m like “how?”

ElPigto likes this.
  11. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

What do you mean how? Jokic is nearly averaging 26 14 and 8 on 66 TS% - that’s equivalent to Curry’s efficiency in his 15-16 season

Respect to both Embiid and Jokic, boys are playing out of their minds. Using one to discount the other is wack. Both are having MVP seasons, I’d give Jokic advantage by a hair due to his nutty efficiency and passing, but I wouldn’t say Jack if Embiid won it because he’s killing it too.

12. Reeko

Reeko Member

Yes, how? Sixers have had a better record all year, and Embiid has been dominant on both ends of the court. Sixers are 30-14 in the games Embiid has played in this year. It shouldn’t even be close between the 2.

13. James.B.H

James.B.H Member

No I am not. I am just saying your argument about shooting 0% and shooting 30% from three makes no difference is not true.

Not true in the playoffs: https://www.nba.com/stats/lineups/a...Quantity=3&sort=OFF_RATING&dir=1&CF=MIN*GE*10.

Not being able to take and make any shots in the 4th quarter is a strong indicator of ineffectiveness in offense. I never deny Simmons is overall positive to a team, otherwise, why would I want him in the Rockets uniform? What I've already reiterated several times is that the cost to take him off the court is so small that it neutralizes all he is good at. This is going to manifest in tight playoff games.

I don't think Simmons choked in the playoffs. Choking is when a player can't do what he is usually capable of doing, e.g., Harden unable to score at a high efficiency in key matches in the playoffs. Simmons not being able to make shots / frees throws is not choking, because this is not part of his game.

14. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Embiid is hands down the front runner IMO

15. Reeko

Reeko Member

NBA.com’s MVP ladder that came out just yesterday had Jokic at #1, and I’ve seen too many people claiming he’s the MVP

it makes no sense to me at all…I just don’t see the argument over Embiid up to this point

16. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Saying it’s not close, hands down etc sounds like delusion to me. Both Embiid and Jokic are having historically great seasons, I give Jokic the slight lead for MVP.

As for the difference of… 3 team wins, I think that’s a poor deciding factor, that’s a small difference, and the Nuggets really don’t have a great roster with Murray and MPJ out. Harris, Maxey, even Curry have been better then anybody Jokic has had to work with.

Unless your D-Rock you see Aaron Gordon as star :D

jiggyfly likes this.
  17. James.B.H

James.B.H Member

Several reasons I think:
    1. Jokic has insane efficiency this season. He tops pretty much all the advanced stats you can find (which usually doesn't struggles to properly quantify player's impact defensively), Embiid is also up there, but there is a clear gap between the two.
    2. Team record wise, it doesn't feel too different. 76ers is no. 5 in the east, Nuggets is no. 6 in the west.
    3. Given Murray and Porter's injury, Jokic has less help.

I think it'll be a very close race, and Embiid has the control. Nugget's chance to be top 4 in the West is very low, so it all depends on what seed 76ers get at the end of the season. If Embiid can push the 76ers to a top 3 record in the east, I think he'll get it. Otherwise, Jokic may get it because of stats and less help.

18. Reeko

Reeko Member

Sixers are 30-14 with Embiid, a much better record than Jokic and his Nuggets

Embiid is dominant on both ends

Jokic has no argument other than Embiid has missed some games

Rocket_ph likes this.
  19. Reeko

Reeko Member

Sixers record is what it is because Embiid has missed some games…they’re 4-8 without him, 30-14 with him…that’s pretty much the only reason this race is even close IMO

Sixers are just a 1/2 game from the 3 seed as the Cavs, Bucks, and Sixers have the same amount of losses

I think he’ll get it if the Sixers get a top 3 seed as well

Rocket_ph and James.B.H like this.
  20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

It is though, no one respects Roberson's shot just like no one respects Simmons shot, it's not like teams are playing Roberson any closer. Also, 30% is being generous. Dude is a horrible shooter, if he were even average from 3 he'd be a fringe all-star player.

Did you look over those stats? One of their best 3 man lineups was Green, Simmons, Embiid at a whopping 139 Ortg and a net rating in the 30s the only question I have is why they didn't play it more...but that's a Doc Rivers thing...

When you sort by minutes, one of their best 3 man lineups was simmons, curry, Harris. Simmons worst lineups when there are other bad shooters on the court. If you put shooters around him your offense can very much thrive.

Well that is fair, I think Simmons choked though because he passed up a layup when he has the ability to dunk with ease. With that said I don't think there will be much of an issue here with Simmons though he's passing it to two 4th qtr killers and with both of them, Kyrie and Durant, being on the floor it's not going to make it easy to double off simmons. It's easy to do that when your other main threat is Embiid, a guy who scores a lot in the paint, a lot harder when you have Kyrie and Durant as the main threats for a team along with other shooters. I think this really is a great fit for him because he can go 0-0 in clutch time and his team could still comfortably win games. They don't need scoring from Simmons. Also...the crazy thing about Simmons is just like young Westbrook he really doesn't have issues driving at guys that are playing off of him, he's still uber athletic, big, and fast, so it's still easy for him to make use of that space.

Time will tell. I just think BKN is going to be a really scary team next season and this season if they can get KD back. If not, they might throw in the towel and not risk it...I guess we'll see with that too. I don't see them doing that because of the play-in but if there is any chance of a reinjury for Durant I imagine it's something they might consider.

James.B.H likes this.