1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets turned down first-round pick offers for Eric Gordon

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 11, 2022.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

**** Stone, either you execute or you are a **** up.

RIght now, he is a **** up.

DD

D-rock and RasaqBoi like this.
  2. topfive

topfive CF OG

"We're trying to build something that's really cool, very sustainable. That means integrating sustainability into everyday decisions, overall company purpose, and strategies, and making sustainability part of our daily activities. Moreover, our sustainable organization will encourage a really cool culture that rewards initiatives, action, and commitments to our sustainability. Any questions?"

slothy420 and Hank McDowell like this.
  3. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Porter Jr last 11 games:
    30.9 mins...47.4% (3P%)...7.1 (3PA)...3.0 reb...7.3 ast...17.3 pts

Just a, for what it's worth, I'd say his future is starting point guard for the Houston Rockets.
    But that's just me.

D-rock and No Worries like this.
  4. pass_to_Hakeem

5. pass_to_Hakeem

6. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

He has the talent but that 47.5 is not sustainable. Realistically his average with his current play and realistic 3 point shooting is like 13 pts

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Good to have you back. ;)

topfive likes this.
  8. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I think that was the best outcome they could have got in exchange for EG .... and by not taking some 26-30 pick in a draft in which they don't want another pick, they still have the ability to get what they want out of EG ..... as long as he doesn't get hurt and they'll probably shut him down to prevent that and that stops him from helping you win games you don't want to win.

He will also have value should the Rockets want to orchestrate a sigh and trade .... bottom line they have more options with EG and his contract than they do with a very late first round pick and salary filler.

Every option they had at the trade deadline is still an option .... they just aren't locked into X.

jcmoon likes this.
  9. htownborn34

htownborn34 Member

I agree with everything you’re saying but wasn’t the whole reason Stone held back on a trade earlier because he wanted a higher draft pick?

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It does work because Gordon does not pout other than to refs.

Most athletes would be fuming, that is lucky for a franchise that has a former Allstar in John Wall, totally healthy, on lockdown.

And a time bomb in KPJ, a lackadaisical CWood.

11. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Very well said. I will add that we don’t know how much Gordon’s presence has influenced KPJ to become so much better. He might also be seen as a mentor in professionalism for the young guys. All this angst about not getting a pick at the very bottom of the first round is ridiculous.

No Worries likes this.
  12. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Ok so put him on ice till August and put in .... Dennis Schroder...?

13. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No one had a 2023 first rounder they were willing to part with?

RasaqBoi likes this.
  14. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Theis was a salary dump. I don’t understand why everybody was so upset that we signed him in the first place. We needed a backup center at the time as we did not know about Sengun. The Theis signing was really inconsequential and as many said we could dump him any time we wanted as he can be useful on the right team. My guess is that they release or buy-out or Schroeder. I will be scratching my head if he takes minutes away from any of our young guards.

Corrosion likes this.
  15. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Rockets are trash at developing young players, especially those talented 1st round rookies.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  16. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Sure, but if you are going to keep EG why do you need Schroder? It's redundant that's my point.

And I don't think what you are saying is the FO's rationale. They didn't say, "we're getting him to help guide KP3 and provide veteran leadership", it's about his playing skills, and sounds like you are rationalizing their decision for them.

17. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

What are you basing that on? JG has been slow to improve, but Sengun, JC, KPJ, and KJM are all progressing nicely. Even JG is starting to play better. We are half a season in. Everyone with a lick of sense knew we were going to suck this year and the youngsters would have up and down times. Patience is key with one of the youngest teams in the league (not including Wall and Gordon) since they are not part of the re-build).

Corrosion likes this.
  18. Nook

Nook Member

He is very selfish, doesn’t bother to defend and is inconsistent. His off the court issues didn’t help either.

D-rock likes this.
  19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

So you think the FO has a loser mentality if they are buying him out???

If you think there are so many losers on this board, why are you here? GTFO then and go hang with the people who think like you.

20. conquistador#11

more like an obsrvation rather than KPsplaining but
    KP has had a terrible % from 2s, an outlier and has also been missing FTs from his usual average. He has also sacrificed 3 shots per game for Green. 17 pts per game should be his average on 11 fgs, that's pretty gewd for basically being his 2nd year. Half a season in a position with the most responsibilities. I like all of our Rockets except House and Wood's me moments.

eliefor3 likes this.