1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jae’Sean Tate, Alperen Sengun & Jalen Green to participate in Rising Stars game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Feb 1, 2022.

1. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Absolutely. Its an ego driven Bully & Junior GM club now. This place has lost a fair amount of OG contributors recently and it will continue to do so the more that this disdain is normalized. They will sensationalize the basic like saying last years draft was "historically deep" when in reality it may turn out to be just OK. Who the F knows this early? OH thats right. The ego driven insecure fan who needs to see results now or throw temper tantrums that the team isnt doing what THEY would like. These guys are so damn knowledgeable why not go work for the team? Print out all of their hot takes from CFAns and go work in the replay room like Spoelstra did. Work your way up and BOOM GM in no time right! :rolleyes:

Patience will be rewarded and the 5% of CFAns who still support Green and are hoping for the best will remember these days with a smile.

Mathloom, DreamR and cmlmel77 like this.
  2. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

You make great points, but honestly, for me at least, it's tiring to be pessimistic. Especially because no matter what we do, I'm pretty sure most of us will never even come close to influencing the Rockets' future decisions (even if we decide to boycott, which I'm quite positive nobody will).

In my opinion it's much more fun to have a good time, hope for the best, be mad sometimes but ultimately just enjoy the ride, bumps and all. I mean, it's pretty much all we can do anyway, right?

I choose to believe that Green will be awesome. I know for a fact Sengun will be great. JC has surprised the hell out of me and Garuba is...pending. I couldn't even get through some of the games last year. This year I've watched every. single. one. Because there is a future, I think. And at least some semblance of hope.

aaquaa, Mathloom, DreamR and 7 others like this.
  3. NewAge

NewAge Member

that’s an excellent take: you state perfectly good and valid PERSONAL reasons to be optimistic. Other posters, like the one you’re responding to have perfectly good personal reasons to feel differently, which you graciously acknowledged.

However, let’s not lose sight of what provoked the post that you responded to: all the whining above and recriminations against the "infidels". Personal attacks, “Junior GM go work for Spoelstra", etc… I have nothing but respect for devotees like you and @Mathloom, my issue is with the constant attacks on our more cerebral and skeptical contributors, and the questioning of their fandom.

CXbby, Roomba and D-rock like this.
  4. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

I'm just done condoning those people tbh. If they want to be garbage tier fans, that's how I'll treat them. I'll continue to root for my team and the youngsters who play here to develop and get better and someday become competitive again. And pity the sad little neckbeards who think they're pro-GM's whilst having never worked in the sport at all, mired in their unbridled hatred for the players they claim to support. I actually can't think of a more pathetic way to be in the sports world, well, outside of people who root for us to lose of course.

5. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Nah not worth it. Banish them to ignore world! Then you get a kick out of how those puppies get more miffed and run around in circles angrier than ever because nobody pays them attention anymore. Its a sign of a victimized bully and I feel sorry for them so I wont even engage anymore. Make this YOUR experience. No need to fill it with negativity and pessimism.

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I mean, that's the obvious answer.

Plowman likes this.
  7. Newlin

Newlin Member

I saw one of these rising star games a few years ago. It was the most shameful embarrassing sporting event I have ever seen. It wasn’t really a game.

This could be entertaining if they took it seriously.

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Same could be said about the All Star game tbh. It's a bit of fun and a spectacle though, it's not about winning or losing. I may be in the minority but I love All-star weekend, I usually watch all of it. I really enjoy even the celebrity game.

9. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

I can't wait to see IG / Tik Tok Stars playing basketball. Mixed it in with a few unknown rappers and old mtv veejay.

Verbal Christ likes this.
  10. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

I like the old players and when you get a random politician or rapper who played ball in highschool/college the most. Pippen was a beast a few years back. Also dig it when it's an athlete from a different sport.

Verbal Christ and BossHogg713 like this.
  11. i3artow i3aller

12. TimDuncanDonaut

Christopher should have been considered. They gone and invited 4 Ignite players. o_O

13. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

[​IMG]

D-rock, aaquaa and Dobbizzle like this.
  14. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Could you imagine if he actually played in that game? Insane. I know he's very polarizing over there in the States but for us outsiders he's pretty well loved apart from the racists. Both him and Michelle have a lot of class.

Roomba, D-rock and Verbal Christ like this.
  15. t4rm5la4r

t4rm5la4r Member

Why no love for Kenyon Martin Jr.? His numbers are nearly identical to Alperen Şengün.

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

It depends on which narrative you want to believe.

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

What sophomore would he replace?
    He’s not really competing against rookies

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

Team Isiah Thomas
    Anthony Edwards
    Saddiq Bey
    Desmond Bane
    Isaiah Stewart
    Tyrese Haliburton
    Precious Achiuwa
    Jaden Hardy

Team Rick Barry
    Evan Mobley
    Cade Cunningham
    Franz Wagner
    Jae’Sean Tate
    Isaac Okoro
    Alperen Sengun
    Dyson Daniels

Team Gary Payton
    LaMelo Ball
    Scottie Barnes
    Jaden McDaniels
    Ayo Dosunmu
    Chris Duarte
    Davion Mitchell
    Scoot Henderson

Team James Worthy
    Cole Anthony
    Josh Giddey
    Jalen Green
    Herb Jones
    Jalen Suggs
    Tyrese Maxey
    Marjon Beauchamp

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  19. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]
    finaly gonna see segnun mobley frontcourt!

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

[​IMG]

i3artow i3aller and hakeem94 like this.