1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans looking to add a talented WR?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by steviefranchise, Jun 15, 2004.

1. steviefranchise

This guy has a huge amount of talent....he might be a head case but if he can be controlled I would love to see the texans get him somehow. What a great 1..2..punch Andre Johnson and Antonio Bryant would be....

Houston Texans Updated:06/14/2004
    The Boston Globe is reporting that the Texans are among several teams who are interested in Cowboys receiver Antonio Bryant, who is 23-years-old. Bryant, a third-year player who suffered a meltdown with coach Bill Parcells last week, could be released by the team, which is still trying to figure out how to treat the situation. (this is from CBS sportsline Rumor mill)

2. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

he is talented... but if Parcells can't control him, who can??

It seems like he wanted the opportunity to be THE man, and while it seemed like he was gonna get that shot in Dallas, things have changed since Parcells came in, and brought in HIS guys in Keyshawn and T. Glenn.

I doubt he'd be THE man here as well, with Andre Johnson, but you never know... he's much more talented than Gaffney/Bradford/etc. will ever be.

3. DanHiggsBeard

DanHiggsBeard Member

I don't necessairly wants to be THE MAN. It just seems he felt insulted that Dallas keeps bringing in these ther receivers to play in font of him even though he has done nothing but produce and show a lot of potential when given the opportunity.

He just doesn't want to play somehwere where his best will never be enough.

I would love to see him come here, and he would instantly be our 2nd starting receiver. Bradford is completely washed up, and Gaffney--well Gaffney is a Florida wide receiver and I have no idea why any team ever drafts a Florida receiver.

4. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Bradford shouldn't be playing wideout. With his size, he's more suited to wideout. Gaffney hasn't proven himself to be a starting NFL receiver. He should be a reserve. Antonio Bryant would be a nice complement to AJ at the flanker spot.

5. deepellumrocket

Huh?:confused:

6. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Meant to say he's more suited for the slot receiver.

7. Buck Turgidson

He's channeling Rick James.

8. mrpaige

mrpaige Contributing Member

I just can't imagine the Cowboys cutting a 23 year-old potential star receiver who only makes $380K. He may stay in the doghouse and not get the touches he would like, but even if Parcells wants him gone, I don't think Jerry would allow it.

9. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

Plaxico Burress is also being shopped around by the Steelers.

10. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

That would be a steal if the Texans could get Plaxico. It would take so much pressure off of Andre because the Texans have nothing close to being a #2 wideout and adding a player like that would move that offense to the next level.

11. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

Couldn't agree more!! I love Plaxico and Antonio Bryant. It's become obvious that Bradford isn't going to have a "breakout" season... Houston and Green Bay have been waiting for that for too long (reminds me of Hidalgo). Gaffney... I just think he's not talented enough. AJ needs a true threat to open him up and thus open up Gaffney and Bradford as well. While those two (Gaff & Brad) aren't good #2's, they'd be great # 3's and 4's!

12. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

Plaxico will drop some first downs for you but he has big play ability and thats what the Texans need. Bradford is only good for the fly pattern and Gaffeny makes nice catches but after he makes a catch he just looks for a soft spot to land instead of trying to make a play upfield. A #2 WR and a ROLB should be on top of the wishlist after this season. Wong is good to come off the bench but not as a starter.