1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Spurs @ Rockets 1/25/2022

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 22, 2022.

1. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

He better stay there until Friday

Os Trigonum, Dopamine and hakeem94 like this.
  2. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Jalen is the only one going to Lucas extra practice and he's getting worse. Abandon ship Green, these old heads got some outdated workouts.

I had taken my kid to some old trainer guy that had 25 years of experience and saw some horrendous workouts. I went outside by the doors and waved at my kid to leave with us mid workout.

vator, theDude, BigShasta and 3 others like this.
  3. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

nah, the real translation:
    we are saving jalen greens face by denying alpi of ROY and proper development
    cause that would make jalen look really bad

alpi scored 16 in 24 minutes,
    hed be easily winning the ROY by playing real, 30+ minutes games, getting into his rhythm, momentum and everything

he basically didnt play real games for half a year now..

see how everybody lost a step tonight and they paused only for 4 days...imagine what 6 months will do to a player
    [​IMG]

Jontro and Entropy like this.
  4. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

sengun also started playing a lot worse after the video of him working with lucas were published

vator and PeterKingX like this.
  5. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I only got to watch the first half, but in the first quarter (if I remember correctly) Alpie got TORCHED on defense 3-4 plays in a row, and picked up some bad fouls too, it was a pretty rough sequence to watch. He also had a turnover under the basket and a 3 second violation in that same stretch. He plays with great effort which is exactly what I like to see in a young player, but his fundamentals need time and repetition in practice. He could've disrupted a few plays better (and avoided fouls) if he trained himself to just go up and down.

At least he still had his post moves, and those two monster dunks.

don grahamleone likes this.
  6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

nah , this was the work that should have been put in in the offseason already... this is what pros do...they do things in advance.. i dotn blame jalen cause hes just a kid... the org tho...

btw i want everybody to know i have made 200 pushups today

100 pushups pregame and another 100 during the game and the post game analysis

7. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

yep didnt liked his play at all either...but only coaching is to blame for not rewarding his great play on defense earlier in the season.. not feeding the MOMENTUM.....and not allowing to play tru 'foul trouble'....

cant blame the kid, he saw everyone who played selfish and poor defense rewarded and saw himself punished for playing GREAT DEFENSE , hustling, scoring at will and dishing assists left and right...

besides he didnt play any real games, so he cant be really blamed...
    12 minutes per night is not a real basketball you cant get feel for the defense, game in general and sophisticated stuff you still learning...

he has a defensive talent and all the tools to be a beast defensively...but he needs to play to develops it and make it a habit....

btw i also watched mobley play a little today, a few sequences from ny game and he got torched a A LOT

8. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Bingo

9. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Jalen Green plays better when he is wearing cornrows

jdjd and DreamShook like this.
  10. crenshaw

crenshaw Member

KPJ steady to start our games has been wonderful. We need more of that.

EG better shape up as well. He's been shooting blanks lately. I get the sense that perhaps the trade talks and being conscious about his shot percentages is messing his game up.

11. Salvy

Salvy Member

Is Jalen Green still practicing thou? Can anyone confirm? Already midnight....
    @Os Trigonum

12. Moe

Moe Contributing Member

I didn't see the game, but the box score has Alpi for only 1 foul, 3 turnovers, 3 blocks and a steal.

13. Germanturk

Germanturk Member

It was a very bad game from the Rockets. 0 Teamplaying everyone try to do solo things on the court and the defense was terrible. You are criticize Sengün for doing fouls but is it better to let them make 8 of 10 positions free points?!! That was the easiest match of the season for this bad team (Spurs). I like Wood but this guy dont want to defense. I dont know what the reason is.
    I wake up in the night for watching this very bad basketball. And Silas is watching and waiting, that there is no more chance for a comeback. The Spurs Coach took a time out after a dunking!! He knew that this can be changing of the momentum. He took 2 timeouts in row after dunkings and Silas was only watching and made is standard substitutions....

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Before Lucas teaching young players shooting, he better tell them who is getting better after learning with him.

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Midseason workouts are not important, you gotta work in the summer when everyone else is vacationing.

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. eman

eman Contributing Member

I slept poorly, mostly unrelated to that fiasco we witnessed last night. As I tossed and turned during the night, I came up with a suggestion for the NBA: bottom two NBA teams get relegated to the G-League; top two G-League teams get promoted to the NBA. Eliminates tanking, adds interest to the otherwise meaningless games between mediocre and crappy squads, puts more pressure on ownerships.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Spurs are showing they are a real play In contender. :D

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. ThatboyPhuong

ThatboyPhuong Member

19. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Pretty much proves that the people saying he can't shoot are full of ****. He's making those so smoothly that it's seeming more a confidence/mental problem during games more than any actual lack of ability. If only we had a coach who coached.

hakeem94 and ThatboyPhuong like this.
  20. cheke64

cheke64 Member

The warriors log every second of their workouts for individual growth.They also maximize their players shooting practices by having their own rebounder for shots..
    I don't think we have that luxury besides game night.

hakeem94 likes this.