1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[OFFICIAL] Russell Westbrook as a Los Angeles Laker thread

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Os Trigonum, Jul 29, 2021.

1. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Any shot Westbrook took outside of the paint in his career was a win for the opponent.

Arguably even more a win for the opponent if he made some of his first attempts so he felt like he was “on”

2. Milos

Milos Member

Westbrook is the PG version of Dwight Howard
    His insane athleticism carried him to All-NBA levels at his peak

Once the physical dominance started to fade, his embarrassing lack of skill (ie dedication to his craft) made him unplayable in crunch time, and just a borderline starter on a good team

I know both will be in the HoF one day, but I will always think of them as the lowest tier among that exclusive club

Jontro and juanm34 like this.
  3. Tuckankhamun

Tuckankhamun Member

Time for Stone to swoop in and offer up John Wall for Westbrook and a 1st.

Jontro and BigM like this.
  4. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

a pick swap in 2026 and pick in 2027. Give them Wood as well.

5. marky :)

marky :) Member

Other than literally handing the other team the ball, I don't think WB can play any worse.

6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

He is getting worse every year?

I don't understand how OTHER BALLERS did not see this happening

Rocket River

Milos likes this.
  7. TimDuncanDonaut

It almost looks like his fingers never fully healed. The wild dribbles, it's like he's dribbling with only the palm and not the full hand. Unable to use the the fingers to control the direction of the ball. The errant passes and the shots where the ball goes to top of the back board.

Early 30's is usually the twilight of point guards, especially ones who rely on athleticism. Those are guys that might come off the bench for you, but should not be starting.

8. s3ts

s3ts Member

Russell Westbrook did not deserve an MVP for averaging empty triple doubles. It took people until he landed on the Lakers w/ Lebron to find that out.

9. i3artow i3aller

10. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

that's a little unfair, he was actually a good player back then. The case for his mvp was that he was amazing in the clutch and directly won a bunch of games (he was, and he did). Of course, over a small sample, clutch play is just luck/variance so he was just lucky, but he still did it.

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

12. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

i really have wondered about his hands, too. it's like his hands are flat when he dribbles or something. he loses the ball in ways that nba players just don't lose the ball. and it slips out of his hands all the time. i mean you can be lazy and not work on your game, but gripping the ball is not exactly a skill that tends to deteriorate for players over time. and like you said, he doesn't just miss shots and passes, he has a friggin' highlight real 8 minutes long of ridiculous misses and errant passes just from the first month of the season. it's like everything about his game broke down, not just his athleticism. now, if he'd just admit it and figure out other ways to help, he wouldn't be so hated. but he just can't accept it.

Reeko and Deckard like this.
  13. francis 4 prez

i'm not saying he's a bad coach because he did good things in indy as well, but he seems to be on the level of the typical "get fired after 4 years but still be coveted enough to get another job for 4 years" kind of coach. he's a championship coach because he had lebron plus one of the only healthy playoff runs for anthony davis in a league where his best competition went 46-27 (52 wins over 82 games). i didn't feel like i was watching a maestro who i should feel too bad about if he re-enters the coaching carousel.

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. francis 4 prez

look at the rains on chuck

15. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

They both have essentially the same contract, and both have a 15% trade kicker. This would be doing the Lakers an enormous favor, so an unprotected 1st is the least they should give us. Heck, toss a pick swap in there, somewhere. We would deserve it for having to put up with Russ screaming bloody murder while glued to the bench watching our young team develop. Westbrook, unlike Wall, might actually go for a buyout after a few months of torture. I can't believe I'm saying this, but it's worth thinking about. I hate myself already.

16. Jontro

Jontro Member

bring back goat turtle to mentor green and kjp

17. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Take it back.

You know Tilman is the kind of guy who thinks Westbrook is a franchise level player.

Tuckankhamun and Jontro like this.
  18. J.R.

J.R. Member

19. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Westbrook is a team killer.

20. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

What if he could shoot like curry and have a handle like Chris Paul?