1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Wizards Broadcast goes off the rails

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by joshuaao, Jan 5, 2022.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

2. omgTHEpotential

This shouldn't even be news worthy. He obviously thought KPJ was the former Wizards player's son. Unfortunate mistake. Move on.

3. bigben69

bigben69 Member

I agree that looking into it can't hurt. I honestly figure it being looking into was a given with how horrible that would make. If he really did do it on purpose, everything really worked out into his favor for kpj to hit that shot. It was already dumb but anyone who works in the NBA going after a whole race that dominates the sport.

I honestly figured it was a given it is being looked into behind the scenes with how insensitive it would make it. If not, then definitely should have been at the least. I usually assume anything against any rocket is targeted and meant in the worst way. I knew kpj had a rough childhood but had no idea about his dad. I'm rooting for him big time. To be fair, I don't know anything about the announcer but I had wizards announcers on my stream and they were being fairly complimentary of us from what I heard. I'm sure if he is that evil there will be something else that comes up. This is one that I could actually see how it could happen though.

If on purpose, that must've been a long time in the making and really convenient for him with kpj hitting the game winner. Still it would be him saying that there is ever a right time to shoot a 14 year old and that without the racism aspect would be bad enough.

4. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

What in what context does that make sense? I'm not the one who said it. That unprofessional commentators did. I don't have to assume anything. He said it right there on the air, for the record.

5. hakeemthagreat

Oh ok. That's like saying he thought D'Angelo Russell was son of Bill Russell, who are both black athletes. Its borderline trollin

6. fchowd0311

No it would be like if Bill Russell Jr. was confused for the son of Bill Russell.

I'm pretty emotionally traumatized now by how many people have such absurd takes about this man. Like I really hope this dude and his family's life isn't ruined.

7. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Has anybody asked KPJ what he thinks? lol. I mean, we got Lebron's beliefs, which probably nobody gives a flip about, but is KPJ holding a grudge? And hopefully those 145 employees at SpringHill don't mess up, have legal issues, or make mistakes, in general, because... Lebron's coming after you for not doing things right and he's got somebody's back!

Invisible Fan and ElPigto like this.
  8. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Agreed, if not fired then he should be grilled by the NBA or the NBAPA. That will deter these types of "mistakes". I fine would be good too. This is not good for the NBA in general. KPj is not his father. Another mans actions shouldn't be used to judge another. KPj is just a young man trying to make his way.

9. fchowd0311

wut?

Zen Tabak likes this.
  10. fchowd0311

You play a bad fake "woke" person

11. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

12. Juxtaposed Jolt

How is "Kevin Porter" and "Kevin Porter Jr." remotely the same as your terrible example? They don't share the same first name, nor "Jr."

harold bingo and fchowd0311 like this.
  13. hakeemthagreat

Did the notes he gets before EVERY game indicate that was KPJ's dad?

14. hakeemthagreat

It's absurd how a announcer who's prepped before every professional basketball game, is so dumbfounded on a players background.

15. fchowd0311

[
    Are NBA announcers supposed to research family tree history of players they comment on?

Zen Tabak likes this.
  16. fchowd0311

My god do you live in the real world?

17. Juxtaposed Jolt

You're moving the goalposts. At first you compared two very different names. Now you're questioning the notes they get beforehand.

Why would the notes on an opposing team's roster have any of their parents listed? That's so weird and unnecessary.

18. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

He’s gotta be trolling, nobody can be that much of a clown

fchowd0311 likes this.
  19. NewAge

NewAge Member

Disagree 100% ! I’m not woke, neither real nor fake. I strive to be a decent person.
    “woke" would be raging if a commentator made a snide comment about KPJ’s hair, for example. I.e. “how dare he denigrates his African heritage” or whatever.
    “decency” is not accepting viciousness and exploiting a real personal tragedy to affirm a racial bias.
    The difference between wokeness and decency is that one is a outrage over bulshit the other is over real stuff.

20. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

You made assumptions about his preparation, intent, maliciousness… I’m done with this convo