1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Porter Jr. loses temper, leaves Toyota Center during 2nd half

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jan 1, 2022.

1. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

Maybe he got him confused with Rafael “Stone” the MMA fighter? Well either way it’s a heck of a story

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He is a season ticket holder too, so I believe him........

DD

3. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I agree with all of this but Green has done nothing to this point IMO to be thinking we have to get rid of talented players for the "fit" around Green.

The jury is still out but Green is still all potential at this point and nothing KPJ does takes away from his game if he a true upper echelon guy.

burlesk likes this.
  4. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Dude KPJ is nothing like AB either you do not know AB's history or you are being willfully obtuse.

The fact that you are saying he just quit shows you are not using proper context.

Wood quit as well yet he is still here.

burlesk likes this.
  5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Worse than that he took this from the game thread to start this one.....he must be away from his keyboard more in 2022.

DD

6. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

Yes, and so is KPJ. You're over thinking it man. The Rockets had 2 players quit at halftime, something I can't remember any player doing since Pippen in the 90's(quit last play). Then strangely enough, 1 day after 2 players do on the Rockets, a football player does it.

All I posted was AB quit on his team and he was cut, that's literally all I said, which is a fact. If you want to infer that I said it was the same situation or they are the same person, then that's on you.

I will say that the team that didn't cut their player is being called "weak" and having articles written saying they need a "culture reset", while the team that did cut their player are known for having strong leaders and are the defending champions.

Crashlanded19 and slothy420 like this.
  7. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

The fact that you compared AB to KPJ is overthinking things, what was I supposed to infer with you bring up somebody like AB when talking about KPJ.

If KPJ had the kind of track record AB did I would be the 1st in line to get him out of town.

What does it matter if some random writer says we need a culture reset when we are in a full on rebuild mode.

The same writer probably blasted Tampa for signing AB.

8. JVL713

JVL713 Contributing Member

Bruh please do not use a Chris freaking Mannix article as an example of legitimate media

burlesk likes this.
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

We need to move on from this ASAP and move in direction of another KPJ incident.

Time is not moving fast enough for me.

withmustard likes this.
  10. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

I think history has compared them, not me. Again, I've only seen 3 players in the last 25 years quit on their team mid game like that. One was Green, another other was AB, and they happened 24 hours apart from each other. When incredibly rare events happen 24 hours apart from each other, it's fair to compare the events. It doesn't mean I feel their background and character is identical. I simply stated a fact, heck it was so fresh some people may not have even known about AB quitting. I'm not thrilled with Wood either, but was in a Green forum when I mentioned it.

Regarding the article, I think we both agree it's best when the media isn't writing articles about locker room problems with our team, regardless how bad they are. You say we are so bad so it doesn't matter, that opens the door for the chicken and egg argument. Are the losses responsible for poor culture, or is the poor culture responsible for the losses? The answer is likely a combination. Also, he isn't a random writer. I am a random writer here, you are a random writer on this forum. He works for a massive media company, and while some would argue his legitimacy, the size of his audience is undeniable.

11. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

You mean you've only heard about it three times. We don't know how rare it is because players don't always tell, like one did in this instance (the only reason we know about it).

12. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

It's cool if you don't always agree with him, but that doesn't make him illegitimate. Sure, he isn't Shams or Woj, but the guy has worked for NBC, Yahoo and Sports Illustrated spanning the last 20 years. So multiple legitimate media outlets value his writing, even if you don't. You can't just say someone isn't a writer just because you don't like him.

daywalker02 likes this.
  13. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

Point taken, but does that really change my point? Also, if there have been 25 years of cover ups, then it's still worth mentioning when it isn't covered up.

14. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

Also, isn't that what I said? I said "I've only seen.......

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Average guy wants it to die down while the reporter wants to dig up more.

withmustard likes this.
  16. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

Great point. I didn't even read the article btw. The Rockets are the average guy, they want to this to go away. They likely have more players on the trading block than any other team and are likely the biggest sellers, as they were last year. Articles like this lower the players' trade value, but we do point our fingers at journalists for writing about it, or do we point our fingers at the the adult who made a poor decision?

daywalker02 likes this.
  17. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Depends on the if the journalist is embellishing thing just to get clicks and nobody is absovling the player of anything you can point the finger at both its amazing that you want to believe Mannix but don't want to believe Feigen who actually has better contacts with the team.

Why is that?

You do know SI is just a clickbait source at this point and time and is not considered legitimate journalism anymore.

18. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Point being I don’t think this kind of thing is that uncommon. Us hearing about it is uncommon. We didn’t know Hakeem slapped Maxwell for spitting on the floor until Maxwell told us, for example.

jiggyfly likes this.
  19. Fantasma Negro

20. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

I get if you want to disagree with my opinions , but I feel like you're grasping trying to argue facts. The poster I responded to said that that journalists dig it up, I essentially said they would have nothing to dig if people acted profession.(paraphrasing). Now you're saying if the journalist embellishes than both are to blame. Sure, I agree with that. I didn't read Maniix's article, nor do I care either way for him. What I believe is that he wrote an article basically saying the Rockets locker room is having problems. Do we really need to debate if the Rockets locker room is on the up and up after 2 players for the first time in my life were called out for not entering the game?

Regarding the Feign article. I will preface that I like Feign, but his information is typically only as good as what he is given. Whether the Rockets were struggling with culture or not, that same article would have come out. I've never read an article where a team admits that their culture is poor and that they will trade the troublemakers to other teams and fire the coach at the end of the season. That would destroy any value said players have. This isn't about me believing Mannix or Feign, this is about me believing my own eyes after watching 2 starters quit.

I realize SI is click bait, as I mentioned earlier that I didn't even read it, I only commented earlier that it existed. That said, I don't see how Mannix's article is click bait? How is he bating the reader? This isn't a "5 Likely Trades Before the Deadline" article. I assume he says after the Wood and KPJ debacle, that the team needs a reset, correct? How does that bait the reader based on exaggeration, that is what a large percentage of this forum feels? Unless there is some bombshell in the article that I'm missing. He states fact about Wood and KPJ, and follows it with his opinion. I only commented earlier that the article existed because it's bad press for the team and diminishes trade value.[/QUOTE]