1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I hate to say it...

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by slcrocket, Jun 15, 2004.

1. slcrocket

slcrocket Contributing Member

but I've got this sinking suspicion that L.A. is going to win tonight and turn this series around. I am still having a hard time believing that the Pistons are winning this series, though I understand it and have watched all the games. I just have this horrible feeling that the Lakers will win tonight and win this series in seven. I haven't felt this bad in a long time. :(
    Anyways, does anyone else have this unfortunate feeling? If the Pistons win tonight, or win the series eventually, I'll enjoy eating some SERIOUS crow--trust me, crow goes down really smooth when Malone is still ringless--I just think the Lakers are going to pull it out.

2. Parlett316

Parlett316 Contributing Member

Name one time in this series that made you think, "Wow, the Lakers are playing great and are going to win this game?"

Shaq and Kobe are doing their thing but they have no other person to step up.

3. olliez

olliez Contributing Member

Shaq is going to score 10 points, 10 rebounds tonight.

Kobe 27 points on 5 - 16 shouts, 13 - 16 FT.

4. snowmt01

snowmt01 Contributing Member

Care more about your family. And you should be ok.
    ----- Cat

5. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

I have the same feeling, especially with Phil Jackson and everybody associated with LA whining about the officials as much as they have. I think LA will come out and play harder, they will get the benefit of the calls and they will unfortunatley pull it out. I'm like you, I worry that if LA wins this game, what it means going back to Fakerland for 6 and 7.

6. Parlett316

Parlett316 Contributing Member

That's why Mobley is the man.

7. noemi

noemi Member

I have the feeling too that Lakers will win tonight but Piston will win in 6 ;)

8. Qball

Qball Contributing Member

What do u do....write fortune cookie messages for a living?

9. yaozilla1

yaozilla1 Member

i have feeling the laker are going to get killed.

just a hunch;)

10. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

If the Pistons are smart, they will step on the Lakers necks!

No mercy!:mad: The Pistons should not play with fire. No letup. Burry them by 20 in the 3rd and 4th!

I mean, I hope the Pistons don't think it will be easier at Staples? Take avantage of the Palace crowd!

#10 DavidS, Jun 15, 2004
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2004
  11. PhiSlammaJamma

The Lakers have made no significant adjustments that have worked. I don't see any hope for them. They need to try something totally different. But you have old dogs. Not likely to learn new tricks. It should be over tonight. But if the Lakers figure something out, they do have two Aces in the hole, so it's possible. Kobe likes a challenge. But as I said, there's nothing for the Lakers to grab onto right now. No hope.

12. New Jack

New Jack Member

The only way Detroit loses is if they beat themselves. The Lakers don’t have what it takes to beat the Pistons.

Had Kobe not guaranteed a Lakers win, I might be scared that the Pistons would be overconfident, expecting the Lakers to go down without a fight. But I think the Pistons will now use that guarantee as motivation to finish off the Lakers tonight.

Plus, I think Shaq is going to be fatigued from the previous game.

13. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

Lots of "Kobe one-on-one" tonight. And a few elbows from Shaq and George. Fisher will probably pick a few fights as well.

14. BBFEVER

BBFEVER Contributing Member

Guess not!

15. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

i hate to say it, and maybe it's just cause Malone is out i can watch a tad more objectively but the Lakers certainly copped the rough end of the refs calls when the game was up for grabs in the first half... nevertheless karma bites

16. Zion

Zion Member

Give me a friggin break, this wasn't even close.

17. Hmm

Hmm Member

Not by a damn bit. Detroit just had all the momentum for the entire game. After the first two rusty minutes of the 1st quarter, it was ALL Detroit dominance. These guys played with a lot of energy, heart and smarts. Very satisfying to see them win over the Lakers the way they did.

18. slcrocket

slcrocket Contributing Member

Wow. What a gutless performance. The Lakers didn't even show up, and the Pistons played outstanding basketball going for the kill. I'm really happy to have been this wrong. :)
    Another missed championship for Malone. How sweet it is.

19. qrui

qrui Member

let the crow eating begin!;)

20. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Gutless. That's exactly the word I used to describe the Lakers' game last night. Just like everyone else, they seemed to assume that Detroit had already won. No defense, no hustle, no fight at all. For a team with the reputation they have for cranking it up when the pressure is on, they really just laid down and died.