1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rate the last movie(s) you watched

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ClutchCityReturns, Jan 26, 2009.

1. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Finally watched The Witch 5/10 very disappointed the plot sucked there is no way those young kids would have been using that ryme around a religous family like that and that black goat would never have lived that long in that time frame.

How the hell did they build all of that infrastructure themselves?

Was not scary at all and the ending was just blah, the son was very good and the dad was compelling but everything elsw was meh and the 2 younger brats felt inorganic to the story and were just there to further the plot.

I really don't understand why this movie had so much buzz?

2. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

[​IMG]

Pole, Buck Turgidson and ico4498 like this.
  3. supaflyz

supaflyz Member

Watch 1917 in 4k the other night. Very good movie. This is the first World War 1 movie I have seen.

Slyonebluejay likes this.
  4. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

The Unforgivable (Netflix) - 7 out of 10. OK, I will admit, I am not a big Sandra Bullock fan. But... she is excellent in this role. And it has an excellent cast (Bullock, Viola Davis, Jon Bernthal, Rob Morgan, Vincent D’Onofrio, Richard Thomas, Will Pullen). I won't say much more about the plot beyond Bullock playing a woman convicted of killing a sheriff, gets out of prison with the main focus on reconnecting with her younger sister.

ico4498, Tommyboy and daywalker02 like this.
  5. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

What do you think happened after the ending?
    After the big hug-a-thon with her little sister, the little sister's family welcomes her back into the fold and they all live happily ever after (well...the stigma may still be around). Or...?

Tommyboy likes this.
  6. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Interesting question.

First, thanks for carefully asking and not including any additional spoiler info. Agree, this is a huge family counseling opportunity. The younger sister obviously. Completely messed up, with nightmares and other probs. The other girl too will need, both from being incorrectly targeted and abducted. The adoptive parents will need (and John Boy... seriously, still wearing the John Boy glasses? I hope you never complain about being typecasted. The lawyer couple... yep, counseling. There was a small spoiler with how she reacted to her sons early on. Jon Bernthal's character? Yep. Needs it too. Seriously, I don't know. I think the hug was supposed to represent a degree of healing for both sisters, but there will always be feelings of guilt in the younger sister and the older sister carrying the weight for the sacrifice she made. Hollywood would suggest she becomes adopted by the adoptive parents, as an "aunt-like" member of the family. But the reality its doubtful that a consistent presence would be beneficial to anyone. Your thoughts?

Tommyboy likes this.
  7. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Watched Shang Chi yesterday on a transatlantic flight. I honestly had little expectations but liked it more than expected. I wouldn't put it in the top tier of MCU movies but entertaining and liked a lot of the references to Chinese Wuxia movies.

daywalker02 likes this.
  8. supaflyz

supaflyz Member

Yeah I bought it on bluray thinking it was good. A lot of people saying it is good. It suck.

9. CrazyJoeDavola

Ad Astra 7/10

Not sure what to think. Much darker and more violent than I was expecting. No real dramatic moments other than the immediate opening and the moon scene with the rovers. I am a space and science geek though so I totally marked out on the visuals. Very stunning and it saved this one from being a 5 or less. Very interesting story overall, just lacked execution and has no real satisfying ending. As my wife said *"That's it?!?!?"

*Yes my wife is often left with endings that are not very satisfying

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  10. Buck Turgidson

"That's it?" is exactly what the woman said when the credits rolled.

I loved it. Need to watch it again, will probably appreciate it more the 2nd time.

GRENDEL likes this.
  11. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Member

I enjoyed the movie as well and would rate it 7.5/10.

NewRoxFan likes this.
  12. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

If your into movies like that give Hereditary a watch. Creepy as hell. Toni Collete is a very talented actress

GRENDEL and jiggyfly like this.
  13. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Re-watched Spiderman: Far From Home because I'm going to see No Way Home in a few days. I think this was only the second time I've seen it. It's good. I think it might be a little underrated as far as MCU movies go. I generally dislike when a movie has this much CGI, but it worked in this movie.

14. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

totally agree. when you have a good story, all the talented cast needs to do is stay in their lanes.

thanks for the recommend!

15. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

It's a difficult plot to follow -- definitely takes multiple viewings to understand all the intricate nuances -- similar to Apocalypse Now.

jiggyfly likes this.
  16. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Spider-Man - No Way Home
    10/10

17. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

Bill & Ted Face The Music - 8/10

All this Matrix talk reminded me that I watched this the other day. It was good and hit all the right notes (sorry). Definitely a worthy addition to the franchise.

It would be a good one to watch with the family this Christmas, IMO.

18. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

One of the benefits of having a terrible memory is if I go a couple years between movies I've pretty much forgotten everything that happened.

KingCheetah and marky :) like this.
  19. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Where did you watch it? I need to see it for the first time. Can't find where to stream it for free. :(

20. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

What did you like about the movie on rewatch?

It was terrible to me, maybe I need to rewatch it.