1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Alperen is our best player.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Francis3422, Dec 10, 2021.

1. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Again, he is already a better basketball player than Christian Wood by a margin that is growing daily.

If a deal comes a knocking, Wood goes a rocking baby yeahhhhh!

eliefor3, cbass, jcmoon and 1 other person like this.
  2. Alleyoopsy

Alleyoopsy Member

A hyper athletic **** creator and a skilled big who can pick you apart with his brain would be incredible in a playoff setting

eliefor3, NewAge and RudyTBag like this.
  3. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

A what now? :confused:

Alleyoopsy likes this.
  4. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Content creator

5. entaro

entaro Member

6. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

He needs to study Jokic's game 24 7. They both have great bbiq

7. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

wood is gone for sure now. i think the writing is on the wall after last night. We don't need him. Its not just sengun, KJ martin is ready for his promotion too. We need to get rid of wood before its too late. He's soft, doesn't do the dirty work, cant depend on him in isos, so what's the point of him playing? he looks good against bad teams, but when you really need a bucket, he's not dependable. I would trade him as soon as acceptable offer comes up.

REEKO_HTOWN and jdjd like this.
  8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

you absolutely need depth for playoffs, versatility(wood is a lob and 3pt threat sengun is not), injury and matchups insurance....you need continuity also cant just be trading guys away and trying new players each year

wood is a diamond just need to be coahed better....wood is hard to replace silas is easy to replace

NewAge likes this.
  9. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

10. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

11. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

and how much time you need to check if they can play together or not? perhaps they need to learn to play together?(what a revolutionary concept aint it?)

look at the warriors same roster didnt even make the playoffs last year now they best team in NBA

12. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

13. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

14. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

i admire your positivity about wood, but as its been said enough times on this board, he's not worth anything near a max contract. you don't pay that for a lob threat who's a 34 percent 3 point shooter. he's not the only one on the team who can hit a three pointer. playoffs? if we make the playoffs it'll be on accident. its a good thing you aren't our GM. wood has done what in the playoffs? he can't even play with the big boys in the regular season and wants a max contract? silas is doing what he's told to do, develop our young players while also showcasing our assets. He's a yes man.

continuity? if there's continuity it'll be holding on to EG as he's our best player. you don't just give him away, you only trade him if a team overpays. he's the heart and soul of this team, not wood.

wood is worth about 16-17 million a year. that's it. no one is saying he's not a good player. he can play in certain matchups, but he's not someone you overpay for, hoping that he'll develop an iso/post game.

We won because we had the dogs in who do the dirty work, along with Augustin and EG who are better 3 point shooters.

15. Visagial

Visagial Contributing Member

Feels like SengunMingMania all over again!

16. VanityHalfBlack

Yeah this guy does everything. God bless Sengun!

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

His only competition is Barnes and Mobley... but if he maintains his current level with the increased minutes, he'll be ahead of both.

Ankara1923 and AroundTheWorld like this.
  18. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

For me, it's the opposite, as I've developed patience on a glacial scale.(priorities change too) Plus, the Rockets haven't been allowed to rebuild in forever. If I'm not around to see some of the fruits of that, so be it. But, the youngins will. There's a way to proceed through it all, and in the course of that, perhaps opportunities will arise to intelligently accelerate the process. That's extremely rare at this stage of the game though. Actually, I find it quite enjoyable to see the organic growth from player to player, from game to game. Like it or not we are still in the very early stages of developing a team. We haven't even dealt the vets yet. So, shift into another mode and enjoy the ride.

jcmoon likes this.
  19. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

But can Wood accept a lesser role? To me he plays and acts like he’s the #1 go to guy on the team. Say we start Sengun now (imo he’s ready and fully capable of doing it), will Wood be content with coming off the bench and only providing depth and insurance? I doubt it.

aaquaa and AroundTheWorld like this.
  20. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Why can't you start both Sengun and Wood though? At least try that experiment out and see how it works (or not works). At best, the team just found their front court duo for the next 6-7 years. At worst, you are now given enough information that you need to trade Wood because Sengun is going to end up being better than Wood.

aaquaa, arno_ed and AroundTheWorld like this.