1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

JG/KPJ go straight back to starting when they return, given how well team's played in their absence?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by wlekfjv923n, Dec 12, 2021.

1. KingSamJack

KingSamJack Member

Great post

2. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I’d start KPJ and bring Green off the bench. Matthews is playing too well to demote and I’d like to see KPJ get more reps with him. Green will still get his run.

D-rock likes this.
  3. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

You're right, Feigen just tweeted they're 100% boosted.

NBA shoudl give us some kind of award or something. 100% vaxxed, 100% boosted. Retroactive 2018 title maybe.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Ask Omicron.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

They would get better stats coming off the bench though, just for a couple games.

6. MystikArkitect

Green haters are a funny bunch. KPJ was "great" and was getting better every game but Green hasn't improved at all? Do you simply look at stats or do you not watch games?

I don't understand why people like you have to consistently use hyperbole to get your hatred for Jalen Green across. It's tiresome. He's the future. Get used to it. KPJ is on a test run. The idea right now is that KPJ pans out, and hopefully he turns it around in....checks notes...his 3rd year in the league. I hope he does because I'd much prefer to get a PF in this draft and not worry about the PG position. But we can't have a PG in his *third* year turning it over as much as he does. We did the Jeremy Lin thing already. Not wanting to do that again. KPJ, at this point in time, doesn't pass either the eye test nor the stats test. Unlike the Mobley Mob who wants Green banished to the G League for all eternity, I'm cool with KPJ ironing out his warts in hopes that he improves game to game. KPJ will be starting again the minute he gets healthy. Jalen Green will be starting again the minute he gets healthy.

This thread is moot because both will be starting. As ineffcient as they are because even though Gary Bird and Armoni Brooks are playing well, they don't have the upside, talent or potential of KPJ and especially Jalen Green.

7. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Haha man hakeem94 you're not well.

Seek help my brother....Silas living in your
    head rent free.

P.S. Silas just called, said, "he owns you."

the11mingdynasty likes this.
  8. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I agree on the shooters aspect.....just that
    #2 picks get a little more opportunities
    or leash to succeed.

Anothiny Edwards didn't look good
    for the first 36 games of the season
    last year.....what if the T-Wolves called
    him a bust after 12 games?

Crazy. No franchise calls their top
    5 pick a bust so soon. Do expect the
    Rockets to do that either.

9. TimDuncanDonaut

The fans will debate, but in the end I think Silas will start both guys regardless what we think. Only thing that might change is if Rockets go on a long L-streak again.

I've said this in other posts; I'm ok with both guys starting. Green in the name of development, KPJ for his audition.

If I could only pick one for the quota; I'd keep Green in the starting lineup. Because of the #2 draft pick and the higher potential. KPJ is supposed to be the $1.5 mil low risk try-out. I hope the org don't lose sight of that.

#69 TimDuncanDonaut, Dec 13, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2021
    juanming and wlekfjv923n like this.
  10. wlekfjv923n

wlekfjv923n Member

QUALITY POST. Agree with everything, especially the last part about how other players could also have potential. It could come down to how one assesses potential. It's not always clear but it's definitely different for different players. Age is one obvious consideration factor - just statistically, players develop and peak, sustain and fall off at certain points of time. Athleticism is another one although this isn't very easy (or may be overrated?) How about overall feel/IQ. Isn't there a general metric that says 3rd is the make or break in terms of superstar?

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  11. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

Snipa

D-rock likes this.
  12. cato13

cato13 Contributing Member

Ar "money" Brooks

D-rock and groovemachine like this.
  13. PhiSlammaJamma

In my opinion, he has to start. It's true that sometimes you get more perspective from the bench, but at this point you don't want to break his confidence. Keep running him out there and let him learn how to do it.

14. Alleyoopsy

Alleyoopsy Member

Whatever lineup works best for them. Obviously Green needs as mucb spacing as possible to drive because there's very few players who can keep up with his first step and his shooting struggles. I think KPJ with wood at center is best for both of them. Both Gordon and Augustin are gonna be gone by the deadline anyway if they keep this level of play up

15. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I am not a Green hater and want him to succeed. You can think KPJ is better and not be a Green hater. I just think KPJ needs to start and Green come off the bench for now as it will help for Green to get some confidence against 2nd units. When he starts to get it, start him. That is what is happening with Segun and not everybody that is ok with that is labeled a Segun hater.

D-rock likes this.
  16. Magicsaint

Magicsaint Member

With KPJ & JG out, the Rockets are playing more team ball. JG has a one-dimensional game. When he gets the ball he is going straight to shooting or layups/dunks and is also quite soft on defense. The team is handling the ball better and finishing strong without KPJ who makes some crucial and lazy mistakes in crunch time. I doubt KPJ will come off the bench but JG should definitely come off the bench considering how well our current roster is playing.

D-rock likes this.
  17. D-rock

D-rock Member

THIS^^^^

18. D-rock

D-rock Member

Porter is the better PG than EGo.

You're crazy if you think otherwise.

Denovo likes this.
  19. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Agreed. Gordan is not a PG. He is a scorer and a good defensive player.

D-rock likes this.
  20. Philter_09

Philter_09 Member

KPJ
    Gordon
    Mathews
    Tate
    Wood

D-rock likes this.