1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Goal is to LOSE

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by finsraider, Nov 17, 2021.

1. TimDuncanDonaut

A team can have a losing record while rebuilding, but that doesn't mean the Org has to lose every game.

[​IMG]

Fans jest as a way to cope, sadly this team is not losing by choice.

#21 TimDuncanDonaut, Nov 18, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2021
  2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Silas is an idiot. Fire him.

3. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

I was 100% convinced that Sengun was injured/sick, otherwise there is no excuse to give no minutes to your best young player. The fact that he already made Sengun 3rd string frontcourt player is terrible. I mean this quote is about him play 4 minutes instead of the 8 he wanted him to play before the game. But before the game Silas already decided that the 18 minutes Sengun normally played were to much.

And yes changing the starting line up was needed. because there was no structure to the team. Why in the world would you add House to the starting lineup. He has been the worst player on our team. It is probably because he wants more shooting in the starting lineup. But House really....

Agreed, but why bench the only rookie who has been earning it.

BigShasta and AroundTheWorld like this.
  4. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

That concept only applies if:
    1. Your team is winning games, or at least some of them. This team has won one game.
    2. Your vets are held accountable.
    3. You are raising the value of your vets.
    I would rather be 1-14 on a team playing mostly 19-20 year old rookies, than 1-14 on a team playing mostly 30 year old bench fillers.

The former gives you more opportunities for your rookies to develop, speeding the re-building process and contributes to the overall future of the team. The latter de-values your veterans, de-moralizes the entire team, and contributes nothing to the future. If House or Augustin was waived today, they would get offers as 3rd strings on a playoff team at best.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  5. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

This isn’t the case man I wish that was the explanation.

steddinotayto likes this.
  6. R94

R94 Member

What development are you witnessing?

7. dawesome

dawesome Member

I'd be cool if we go 1-81..

8. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

one game at a time, son, one game at a time :cool:

external-content.duckduckgo-5.jpg

9. Rockets4Life13

CF needs a dislike button

10. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

If you are a rockets fan why would you want to own the worst record ever with no real chance of anyone having a worse record than that? No one should want that stench on the organization or the young players we have.

You don’t get anymore pingpong balls for being that bad.

txtodd, charlieaustin and Dobbizzle like this.
  11. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

You can pursue the goal of losing but still be competitive AND competent. The talent gap between this team and most of the league is pretty wide so losing was going to happen on most nights. That being said, f***ing up rotations, using bad starting lineups, etc. is inexcusable especially if you are as "seasoned" as our head coach is, with his 20 years of NBA assistant experience and his legacy of developing Steph, LeBron, and Luka.

12. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

You need to set a goal to lose if there is a chance that you can win. Do you think Silas could win 5 more games if his life depended on it?

There is no such goal, there is incompetent coaching and excuses for that.

juanm34 likes this.
  13. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

agreed , but we aren’t doing that with green . And sengun who has been statistically OK is not getting the PT

steddinotayto likes this.
  14. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

exactly. House has shown diddly squat to earn a start outside of being a "vet". Sengun and KJ has done more to earn a start in this month than House has. I don't buy the "Rockets are showcasing House for a trade" nonsense because House is who he is and there's nothing to showcase.

15. juanm34

juanm34 Member

I get it.. you see House on the floor.
    It must be to lose.
    There’s no other explanation….

16. juanming

juanming Member

Depends on who you're talking about as far as goals

The goal is tilman is to make a profit not winning

Goal of Silas is to make the vets and "pros" happy at the expense of development and he tells the young guys to "learn from the pros like house and theis how-to play"

My goal today is to try and get laid.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  17. Slabhurta3

Slabhurta3 Member

Never said I saw any!!! I said that's the GOAL<<<<

18. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

Silas's plan is not to play our rookies but play our veterans???? During our REBUILDING PROCESS???? And we still LOSE!!!!

[​IMG]

19. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

I really don't care if we lose. This is the perfect season to tank. Tanking twice in a row is great and will get us two top prospects for the future. I'm with all of that.

What sucks is how we're losing. Being noncompetitive in the 2nd quarter, going into halftime down by more than 10 (often to bad teams), and then getting blown out after that consistently is a terrible "rebuild." No young guys are developing effectively in such a system. And we're doing this without giving our young guys minutes. KJ Martin deserves 30+ mins a night, and he's getting maybe 10 some nights. Sengun played 5 mins last night. Christopher didn't see the court. Green is taken out in key 4th quarter mins. THAT's the issue.

20. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

But I think there is a case to be said that you don't abandon guys who have been there for years putting in the work and performing because they had a bad month. Also the Rockets don't want to tank House's value if they are thinking he is expendable - they may want to try to trade him. There's a lot of reasons to give him minutes over Sengun that may not be apparent on the surface. I don't know why he only played 5 minutes, we just don't know.

snowconeman22 likes this.