1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tillman Fertitta - Laughingstock of NBA Ownership!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Imanimal, Nov 15, 2021.

1. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Harden looked like this to begin the 2018-2019 season as well. Then went on to put up all time historic numbers the rest of the way. He's always been traditionally a slow starter.

amaru, HP3 and hakeem94 like this.
  2. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

I don’t get it. Weren’t most of you demanding that we lose for draft picks? Weren’t many of you afraid Tilman would try to make us somewhat competitive to ensure fans attended games and he didn’t lose money?

HillBoy, majicdonjuan and Corrosion like this.
  3. apollo33

apollo33 Member

No he didn't look like this in the beginning of 2018 2019

4. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Correct! This team is not that bad. If you read what I stated they are lacking, I think indeed their record would be better.

As I said before, Wall would have won them another 2 or 3 games just by him being on the court and if they had a legitimate big, they could have won at least one of the Phoenix games, as well as the game against the Lakers. However, that's wishful thinking.

Moving forward, the one thing I would want is for Matthew and Martin to get more mins and less of House as possible.

5. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I don't think the " of NBA Ownership " portion was needed.

6. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Having a crappy team that loses doesn't bother other NBA owners. As long as you're not Sarvering it up in public it's basically fine

Der Rabbi likes this.
  7. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I actually didn't mind moving Harden given his age and the mileage on his body. And that was before the rule changes which severely limit his offensive output. It's not like the Rockets were gonna contend with either Harden/Westbrook or Harden/Wall.

What concerns me about Tilman is how he inherited a team that was a win away from a title and in 3 years turned them into the worst team in the NBA and now has a product on the floor that's on pace for the worst record in NBA history.

I have no problem with a rebuilding project. It's painful, but every franchise eventually has to deal with it. Even the Spurs have finally had to face that reality. What I worry about are two things. Can Tilman oversee a competent and effective rebuild given his track record so far? And if the Rockets do wind up fielding a title contender when this process is over, will Tilman be willing to spend money to keep that roster intact(if not add to it)?

8. j@amc

j@amc Member

Depending on how you look at it, this is really year 1 of the rebuild. Last year was simply a tear-down project. I hope we're not looking at half a decade of lottery waiting.

The current team looks like one of those #16 seeds from 15 years that was simply happy to have their name called and be in the NCAA tournament. Within 5 minutes, those teams were down by ten, and the #1 seeds could name any score they wanted.

Let's see what the Rockets do when OKC surges to a 10-point advantage in the next game.

9. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

How was he supposed to handle it? Cry baby phat boy didn't want to be here anymore. You guys pick and chose what to cry about instead of facing the truth. **** sucking Harden hoping he'll come back like some depressed ex. Harden wanted CP3 gone. We took a bad deal there trying to keep phat boy happy. Tilman's not the best but it's not all his fault. Also some of you need to get over it, your crying isn't going to make him sale the team lol. You can't trade owners away like Morey did players. Morey had no back bone to tell Tilman and Harden no. Even if Morey never traded CP3, Morey was never staying because Harden was leaving regardless. Harden just didn't want to leave the franchise in another stars hands. Never seen so many blind fans gloss over the baboonery a player has cause for a franchise just so they can watch him ISO 30 times a game. lol

If you want someone to blame it's your favorite strip club hopper.

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I don't believe Tillman will have the patience to see this through.

Also, I don't believe the ToyBox will be full for YEARS to come....how many empty seats can Tillman endure?

And, it is not up to the fans to support this BULLSHIT product he is putting out there.

DD

amaru, BossHogg713 and snowconeman22 like this.
  11. because24

because24 Member

A great player mask many faults of the owner and organization. At the moment we have none. Harden was here and made things not look near as bad and people could just complain about the type of ball he played. The writing was on the wall when he left. It will be a while before were fighting for championship contention again. Those who wanted Harden gone; this is the effect that happens. Buckle up and enjoy the ride.

amaru likes this.
  12. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

No, you misunderstood. We wanted a really good team that plays well, and is fun to watch that wins the lottery. ;)

amaru likes this.
  13. because24

because24 Member

I don't agree that he look like a shell of himself. 20 9 and 8. Second in the league in assist. And still working his way back from being injured all summer. If any thing CP3 and Westbrook production has fell off a cliff. Although they're still putting up numbers unlike Wall, not playing a game yet. Just shows how the organization views him.

amaru likes this.
  14. YOLO

YOLO Member

LOL at current all nba/all star and nba finals appearance cp3 fell off a cliff. And right at the top of the league in standings. harden's 2nd in the league in assist. I wonder who is 1st

westbrick has been a loser for years. that's not news

HP3 likes this.
  15. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yep, everybody needs to turn off the games, cancel league pass, and definitely do not purchase a ticket to a game. The only way to defeat this POS owner is to cancel everything you can about him. Unfollow all Rockets related social media and don't buy any merch either.

#55 kubli9, Nov 16, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2021
  16. homewight

homewight Contributing Member

Nah. **** Patrick and the slime of nepotism he oozed in on. Just so sick of these rich cunts who think they know more than everyone else becasue they have too much money.

17. futilman

futilman Member

the fact that you’re even comparing those two just shows how bad our situation is.

Jontro and YOLO like this.
  18. J.R.

J.R. Member

Vernon(at the game last night): “That team last night is on the short list of the worst NBA teams I’ve ever seen. The full-on tanking Sixers are always gonna be in the mix but this was a disgrace. It’s a disgrace. You have some young talent there. They’ve got some players. This, I promise you, it’s borderline criminal what they’re doing to these kids. It’s truly the worst thing you can do player development wise. They’re throwing them out there without a point guard. They do all this in the spirit of “player development”. Your players develop into the biggest bunch of pieces of **** I’ve ever seen in my life. That’s what they develop into. This helps nobody. It actively hurts them. God Bless Jalen Green. I hope he can turn out to y’know live out what his destiny will be but I promise you, he will be done no service by playing in this environment. They are horrible on both ends of the court. They have absolutely no veteran guidance out there on the court. They go city to city getting their ass kicked. At one point last night, they were down like 40. What is this? The other night, they’re playing against Phoenix and Chris Paul is nutmegging their players. This team…what they are doing and the craziest thing, one of my buddies is walking through the arena at halftime and runs into, he’s like “Who is that guy? I recognize that guy.” You know who it was? It was freakin’ Tilman Fertitta. He had flown directly in. He was there last night witnessing this. …

Beyond the disgrace of the product they’re putting out and how it actively hurts their players, seeing John Wall there at the game, I had no idea he was traveling with the team. You go and read the stories, it’s the idea of “mentoring the young guys.” They’re paying him $44M. What in the hell is this and how is that anything but absolutely poisonous to show young players in the league, your veteran example, your mentor is a guy that doesn’t play and is getting paid $44M to not play. THIS IS YOUR MENTOR? THE GUY YOU WANT TO SHOW THE ROPES OF THE NBA TO YOUR YOUNG PLAYERS? You know what John Wall should be doing? Playing basketball for the Rockets. They don’t have a point guard. Their backcourt is Kevin Porter Jr. and Jalen Green. How about if you want to develop players, how about you let them play actual NBA basketball, with a point guard out there that will get everything in order and run the show. How the hell do you expect anyone to ever, it’s not like anyone is trading for that contract anyways, but you have zero chance when the guy hasn’t played basketball in a year. What meeting of the minds came together and said “You’re not gonna play. You don’t wanna play. We don’t care if you play but be a mentor to the young players on this roster.” What kind of tips are you giving? He’s just traveling around watching them lose by a thousand each night. There’s nothing wrong with him. He’s not in a wheelchair. He can play. He average 20 last year. He can play. Your veteran player making $44M is sitting on the bench, being an eyewitness to your young players being murdered every night. That’s the agreement? Everything about that thing is vomit inducing. Everything about that Rockets organization, the way it’s run right now and decisions they’ve made makes we want to puke, truly. It’s disgusting.

KO’C: For Houston, it’s gonna be interesting to see if teams try to pluck away Christian Wood and make them even worse. Christian Wood, Daniel Theis, good veteran in Theis and good young player in Wood. For Rockets fans feeling the pain of this season, and it must be gross,…

Vernon: You can develop talent and be somewhat competitive and have real veterans on your team showing guys the ropes. If they were starting Wall, Gordon and Wood…

KO’C: They’d still stink.

Vernon: They would but they could at least compete. That is a proper environment for a guy to learn how to play within the NBA.

KO’C: It could get worse. A team could go for Theis, Wood…can you imagine Jae’Sean Tate on a winning team? They have talent teams can try to pluck away, making Houston even worse. For Rockets fans dealing with this, they still have Jalen Green. Hasn’t had that many spectacular games. What did you think of him last night?

Vernon: I hope this doesn’t affect him in a very bad way.

KO’C: Is this like Trevor Lawrence and Jacksonville?

Vernon: Anyone watching this kid, he’s top 1%-2% of athletes. He’s a skilled guy. Again, I hope this doesn’t ruin him. Not be able to reach his max because of the environment he grows up in. It’s like putting a kid in a horrible school. The kid that gets to go to the great school, he has every advantage in the world and has a great chance of reaching his potential. When you put them in a horrible school, yes the unbelievable ones will succeed no matter…

KO’C: Like Joel Embiid.

Vernon: It doesn’t matter the environment. They’re special and will succeed no matter what and come out of it just fine. But the majority will be negatively affected and you will never see what they could become had they been in a nurturing and good environment at the start of their career. If he is handled well and they can become competitive and he can learn really good habits rather than what they’re allowing right now, he can be one of the 5 best scorers in the NBA. I believe that wholeheartedly. He is a good shooter. I know it hasn’t dropped as much. The form is the form. Learn the NBA game. It’s obviously a little fast right now. Take his talent level, skill level, his athleticism, the shot is not screwy, he can be one of the best scorers in the world.

KO’C: For Rockets fans, that’s what you need to hold onto. Hold onto Jalen Green, the progress from Sengun or maybe a Josh Christopher. Ultimately, look at the 2022 draft. Think about Paolo Banchero, Chet Holmgren, Duren and Hardy. If you pair one of those bigs with Jalen Green, spend a little time dreaming about that and you’ll feel good amid the losing.

Vernon: The Rockets have a starting lineup that scores 81.9 points per 100 possessions, 25 less than the league average. AND THEY KEEP ROLLING IT OUT THERE! It’s unbelievable.

KO’C: What lineup is that?

Vernon: The starting lineup.

KO’C: Must be from a different site. I have 98.7 from NBA.com, which is still much lower than the average. They’re last in off.rtg by a wide margin.

Vernon: This is one of the notes from Jon Schumann’s power rankings. That was one of the stats.

KO’C: Bottom five net ratings in the NBA: Houston -10.7, Detroit, Orlando, New Orleans -8.9, OKC -8.4 and then it leaps up to -4.2. Clear divide with the bottom 5 and then everybody else.

#58 J.R., Nov 16, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2021
  19. juanming

juanming Member

There was three trade proposals last year for Harden and we picked the worst one

Ultimate obviously Simmons was offered

We took the Nets offer
    we all mocked at the Miami Heat when they only offer Tyler hero

Look at Tyler herro last night holy hell we would kill to have someone like that on this team along with sengun

Herro/sengun > our crap now

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

lol a ton of this board laughed at the prospect of herro. As usual, it aged terribly LOL

It's funny ready all these ridiculous excuses for KPJr and his lack of development and progress. When at the same time Herro whose been miles ahead and folks acted like he was a scrub

amaru likes this.