1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Green Dunking and Yelling at Cunningham, Plus the Tech!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shaq2Yao, Nov 10, 2021.

1. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

i don’t think you’re saying what you think you’re saying.
    #NOT

2. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Cade nut huggers. It’s a real thing.

3. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

like non

classic

Jontro, Crashlanded19 and Tfor3 like this.
  4. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

He was always streaky, but this is extreme.

I've definitely been on the "there's something beyond pure shot" effecting him. Mentally, physically, the excess travel and grind. Maybe his hamstring is still lingering? Cause the shooter in summer league we've basically never seen outside of 2 games, starting with pre-season.

It's weird.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  5. TimDuncanDonaut

I don't have an issue of him yelling. And was stupid of refs to send a tech.

But it looked like after the yell, Pistons turned up their play while we folded. The yell motivated the opponent more than his own teammates. Rocket last night was a bad team and they should feel bad.

amaru, Jontro and clos4life like this.
  6. bumbum09

bumbum09 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is how you do it, young fella.

Yao saying, "Y'all can't f-ing stop me!"

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, his performance reduces him to a chucker, I have nothing to do with it.

Downtown Sniper likes this.
  8. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Damn, can y'all stay on topic? There are a bunch of other threads to talk about Jalen's overall progress.

On topic, I think this dunk was a huge moment for him, and I don't mind the tech. He had just put together a really good stretch of basketball culminating in this huge slam over the guy taken ahead of him. A lot of emotion behind this and I'm hoping there was a mental hurdle he cleared.

9. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

You do realize he’s a 19 yo rookie right?
    You do realize he attacked the cup and then you criticized him for showing emotion.
    Was he chucking then?
    On his assists? Was he chucking there too?
    I guess you can’t understand the diff bt saying someone had an inefficient game and saying that ‘all he is…..Is a chucker’.
    If you’re going to hate on green have the balls to admit it.
    You’re 2” from my ignore list. Hater.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You do realize these are excuses and not refutations of my statement of fact, right?

I criticized him for being a moron and overly taunting after an uncontested dunk like he had done something special during a game the team was losing....leading to giving the other team points. That's both immature and stupid.

He had 2 assists.....why are you bringing them up? Do you think 2 assists is special during a game where he chucked 20 shots to score only 24 points?

LOL Green fanbois are ridiculous.

Say you enjoyed the uncontested dunk because you are a casual that gets impressed by flashy athleticism, I have no problem with that.....but he didn't play a good game on either side of the ball.

Downtown Sniper likes this.
  11. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

I am not sure what you thought I said or why you feel the need to defend Jalen. I am not one of those guys who thinks he's a bust after 10 games or thinks we shoulda drafted Mobley or anything. I was just pointing out that he still has a lot of room for improvement. It was just surprising to me that he passed the ball away, I am watching the games for him not to see KPJ or Cristian Wood or any of those other dudes.

Tfor3, BonziWellsGOAT and fchowd0311 like this.
  12. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Every thread needs more Yao clips.

bumbum09, Jontro and Tfor3 like this.
  13. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Ok. Green’s ceiling is Stromile Swift.

Got it.

Jontro likes this.
  14. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

As subpar as his shooting has been, he’s not a chucker. The majority of his shots are coming within the flow of the game. It’s not like he’s going out there and being selfish and taking shots away from the team. It’s actually one of the bright spots about his game so far, he’s not a selfish player.

BigM and Tfor3 like this.
  15. csc177

csc177 Member

“all for the cameras”

Jontro likes this.
  16. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Well it's a proven fact it wasn't to spark Jalen and fuel him on.

It's a proven fact it wasn't to spark his teammates and fuel them on.

Because the team folded right afterwards.

Seems like Jalen was pretty content getting his highlight up.

While the other team were content with winning basketball.

EDIT: The way Harden lives rent free in so many heads on Clutchfans. Seems like Cade lives rent free in Jalen's head. You hate to see it. Poor kid. 19 years old and obsessed with someone else.

amaru, csc177 and Jontro like this.
  17. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

Nah.. the look on Danuel House’s face says it all. It’s good to see some fire from Green!

18. Salvy

Salvy Member

The only obsession I see from Green is to be the best player in his draft class, Cade is in the way.... So is Mobley... Difference is players in his draft class went to teams with actual coaching, experienced pg's and players. Green landed on a team with the worst coach of all time and a bunch of head cases.... Its amazing Green is even playing as well as he has considering the absolute awful circumstances he is in.

You may hate it, but Green is legit... No matter how much you want to spin it after 10 games..... He has shown every bit of flash on his draft expectations. He is raw, he will get better. But have a good time knocking on Green in his rookie season...

conquistador#11 and Jontro like this.
  19. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

It's because he doesn't have a good shooting form, not yet at least.

Kevin O'Connor did a good analysis on this pre-draft, and the good thing is for a lot of his shots, most his the misses are either too strong, or not strong enough, or rim outs. It doesn't actually miss off right/left.

This is a "good" type of miss, because it's more of a leg, strength related issue.

Granted, his shooting form is funky, so it does contribute to that. However, he is taking nearly 7 3s a game (which will hurt his percentage a lot more than if he took just 2-3) so he is not very selective on when he takes his 3s. He is shooting 29% which isn't too good, but Durant was the same on only 2 attempts.

20. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

If Alperen Sengun played, he wouldve impacted the game. Stopped Jeremy Grant better than Wood.

Those 35 points was basically no hard defense by any Rocket player.
    Wood is huge liability on defense.

Hopefully the Rockets can trade Wood for Kuminga.

Rockets need better young talent that can defend and be around the same age as Jalen Green.