1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Travis Scott Astroworld festival disaster

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ferrari77, Nov 6, 2021.

1. bigben69

bigben69 Member

I thought that at first but that video where he acknowledged the ambulance and then immediately goes into his next song telling people to get their middle fingers in the air and start stomping getting people riled up. That def made it worse. All he had to say was let ambulance through. Of course he didn't want people to die or anything but he didn't help the situation.

Of course that video has been removed from the tweets now..... Don't want to look bad.

Patience, jo mama, CCity Zero and 3 others like this.
  2. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

They should've cancelled the show at that point. Not kidding. All kinds of weapons, even explosives could have passed through.

3. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

This whole thing is just such a sad and awful look.

#103 B-Bob, Nov 6, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2021
  4. Roscoe Arbuckle

This has happened before. Festival seating is like Black Friday, but with thousands more people at the door. It can happen anywhere. Review history before posting ignorant comments.

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  5. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

Thats why I have never had any interest in being at the front at a festival. I like being at the side so I have a way to escape the rush if there is a crowd surge.

6. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Some likely OD and some crushed, but TS could of stopped it. He could of said I have a public announcement would all of you please step back until then we can't go on. I've seen it done at big music festivals (Lollapalooza), many would listen because some think the perfomers are god. This is why it is a good idea to put barriers on sections so that there won't be overflow of crowds. This was bound to happen last week was a pre-cursor with the canceled concert. Blame is on everyone crowd, TS, security and venue.

Pringles and Kim like this.
  7. Roscoe Arbuckle

A fence was broken through and chaos erupted. It has happened before. Festival seating was the problem. It should either be outlawed or expectations on death should be expected. Again, this has happened multiple times over decades.

8. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Germany 2010
    Pearl Jam 2000
    The Who 1979

Which 'stampede' events am I missing?

Rashmon likes this.
  9. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Sad. Very sad

10. Roscoe Arbuckle

I already posted about The Who in 1979. I think we are on the same page. You can't have a run through the gates for premium seating; much like these awful Black Friday debacles.

11. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

RIP to Screw and all those lost.
    The show must go on. Astroworld will be back better and stronger next year.

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  12. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Dude if you actually look through this thread on prior pages or just go online, there's enough videos showing him looking straight into the crowd where anyone on stage can clearly see ambulance lights trying to get through the crowd. But hey, it's only important to stop a show when looking for a lost shoe not for fans.

jo mama likes this.
  13. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

So was it ever explained why those kids died? People jumping on the organizers and Travis Scott but no one questioning why teenagers were in cardiac arrest?

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  14. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

This is a weird one. So i think Travis has more non-black fans than black fans. There were black folx in the crowd but from what I can tell, it seems they weren't the majority like they would be at certain other shows. I guess you could say it was a diverse crowd to an extent.

That's one of the annoying things to me about all this. Other musicians were scheduled to perform. Others that don't incite their fans to "rage" or just act out.

I would've loved to go see Tame Impala, EWF and Master P who were all supposed to perform at some point, I'm guessing Saturday. Sux for fans of them and other artists scheduled to perform that Travis, Live Nation and some of Travis' fans decided to act terribly or just not act properly leading to what occurred on Friday. Messed up for those just wanting to hear some music and hang out.

King1 and VanityHalfBlack like this.
  15. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Ambulances go through crowds. Festivals are always ppl on drugs etc. Travis shows a lot more love than most artists to his fans at shows, his following is on some cult vibe for him.

I blame more of the organizers. No ID checks. No drug pat downs. Kids roaming around the area. **** will happen.

jiggyfly likes this.
  16. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

As i understand it, it's a result of being crushed, essentially. Different from the typical heart attack from health related issues, but cardiac arrest ends up being the "cause of death" regardless.

Patience and Buck Turgidson like this.
  17. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

1. Great work, one scurity guard!
    2. Where Micah at?
    This reminds me of the level of security I used to see when I worked in prisons that were run by for-profit companies. Most of the guards were under 25 idiots. They would call in sick in droves when it was under freezing, leaving 5-10 guards for the whole prison. I used to just walk around the unmanned metal detectors at some of them.

I'm not for too much government but there needs to be some oversight other than your bottom line and brand being hurt by lawsuits when people are killed.

#117 Xerobull, Nov 7, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2021
    FrontRunner likes this.
  18. J.R.

J.R. Member

50,000 people packed in like sardines…
    [​IMG]

Medical examiner seeks help identifying Astroworld Festival victim

The man, believed to be in his early 20s, had short black or dark brown wavy hair, a slight mustache with a noticeable goatee, and was wearing size 11 white Nike sneakers. He was 6 feet 2 inches tall and weighed 498 pounds.

A warning: His image, which is included below, may be disturbing to some viewers.

[​IMG]

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10174571/PICTURED-Boy-14-youngest-victim-Travis-Scott-concert-crush-man-cops-ID.html

John Hilgert, 14 (Houston; Memorial HS)

Brianna Rodriguez, 16 (Houston; Heights HS)
    [​IMG]

Franco Patino, 21 (Illinois native; University of Dayton)
    [​IMG]

Jacob Jurinek, 21

Rudy Pena, 23 (Laredo)
    [​IMG]

Danish Baig, 27
    [​IMG]

Rest In Peace

19. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

Travis Scott should be cancelled he is a piece of ****.

But it won't happen, I hope he and live nation go broke fighting law suits.

The second the hundreds of thugs stormed through the gates and the potential for weapons and explosives to have been brought in and even more importantly law and order was not established so they knew right then they could get away with anything

Jturbofuel and Squirtle like this.
  20. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

youre answering your own question here...he knows what is going to happen by looking around. he literally watched an EMS vechicle with its lights on working its way into the crowd and responded by telling the audience that he wanted to "feel the motherf***ing ground shake". he watched a limp, lifeless body being lifted out of the crowd and didnt stop performing. its all on video - he clearly saw what was going on.

does he deserve full blame...no. but he was absolutely negligent in his actions. people died and were injured b/c he did not pause the show or even attempt to chill people out.

agree - based on video ive seen it appears that none of them gave a f*** either. they knew what was going on too.

of course...but multiple people dont die at festivals all the time, which is what you said earlier.

Patience and Buck Turgidson like this.