1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Jalen Green too feminine or "girly" to be a successful NBA player?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by peleincubus, Oct 13, 2021.

1. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Being feminine, traditionally is not a good quality for an NBA player.
    -newage

That's y people r calling u out newage. The toxic traditional mindset.

Probably think women won't make good soldier cause they are too girly when we need strong macho men.

Green could b gay, girly or whatever he wants. All I need to know is if he can shoot the dam ball in the basket and do what we drafted him for.

2. Glendelicious

Glendelicious Member

So this guy's defense is that he isn't a bigot, he's just an uninteresting troll without any wit or talent for satire? Man, lean into the bigot angle. That's a better way to go.

3. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

You must be very young and uneducated! I say this because at 83 I have met all kinds of men who had many different physical
    characteristics and certainly I would not suggest that they were gay, For example i and my brothers all had thin wrists as did my father and my Grandfather. Grandfather James worked most of his life as a Gang Leader on the Liverpool Docks in the UK and had 11 children.
    Nobody would ever suggest that he was gay, Never! Y

hakeem94 likes this.
  4. PrawnJ

PrawnJ Member

5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I just don't get why make this thread about him.

peleincubus likes this.
  6. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

He will go acquire 12 VIP passes at strip clubs to prove his masculinity.

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Hope you didn't email this post to your coworkers

8. monster

monster Member

That’s what this generation is. Skinny jeans, gender-fluidity, social awareness, my feelings matter more than anything. I don’t really get it, but I’m sure that’s what parents and grandparents have always thought about the youth. The Kid looks like he can ball, and that’s all I care about. I can’t wait to see him progress. If he starts dating Brad Pitt but puts up 28pts/game….go Jalen. If he bulks you to 250 and becomes the manliest man around, and can’t play basketball very well, I’m not supporting him. BASKETBALL is what matters in my relationship w Jalen Green.

Verbal Christ likes this.
  9. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

lol I didn't know things were so serious. i thought what he said was ridiculous so I presumed this would be the reaction; wanting him to see it was ridiculous. as with the other thread someone bumped Green is the exact player I wanted the Rockets to draft months before the season even ended rooting for the rockets to lose all year along with the hope that they keep their pick, guessing they needed to slot in at #2 to get it. anyways, ill stop posting in the thread and back to your regular programming.

[​IMG]

hakeem94 and Verbal Christ like this.
  10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I had "get a haircut!" yelled at me more than once back in the '60's and racism didn't enter into it. I remember one day on a trip to the Hill Country from Houston sitting at a table in the Blanco Bowling Alley Club waiting to order some home cooking for lunch from the elderly ladies that ran the place. This sweet voice from behind me said, "Are you ready to order, miss?" I turned around and could have been gazing at my grandmother, except the lady taking my order was startled on seeing my mustache and goatee, "Oh! I'm so sorry. I didn't realize..." I just smiled and said, "Happens all the time! Can I have the chicken fried steak and mashed potatoes with the black eyed peas, and some iced tea, please?"

Killer food. The black eyed peas tasted like they were picked that morning. I wonder if that place is still open? They had half a dozen lanes and kids set up the pins.

After watching James play for us all those years, often dressed in the height of sartorial lunacy, are people seriously busting Jalen's chops for how he looks, how he dresses? Tell me it's all in jest, please.

11. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

I believe Jalen is a superstar. We can easily average 20 points a game if Coach Silas do not put pressure on him. He should be the 3rd or 4th option. The guy is too quick to stop him going to the basket, he can shoot over 80% in free throws, and his FG shooting percentage will be over 50%. I believe he is one that KOBE level...just need to add weight.

hakeem94 likes this.
  12. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I think Jalen has a very nice penis.

13. Joe Willie

Joe Willie Member

Delete this insulting thread…

14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I guess the humor just missed me as I find the whole thing distasteful. Anyway, see ya around

15. NewAge

NewAge Member

I think you’re very wrong on the last sentence. Character is extremely important, especially in team sports. Evaluating players only on wingspan, vertical jump, shooting %age etc., you’re getting a very narrow view. Character, toughness, aggression, assertiveness, leadership these things matter. traditionally, many of these were associated with manliness. Things are changing now, because of changing gender roles in society.

Also, you’re very wrong on the reason why people me calling out. I’ve seen only 1 other person to bring that point out, who thought that what I said was offensive to girls. Everyone else thought it was offensive to JG, which is exactly the opposite. (why would feminine be offensive to JG? What’s wrong with feminine?)

So if that’s your issue, I’m not your guy. If you wanna crusade against toxic mindset, it’s the rest of the BBS, who jump at the word feminine, call Steph Curry “Stefanie”, etc… The issue with the rest was that they thought it was a slander agains Jalen, not offensive to girls.

If I finish with “I hope Jalen is the next Diana Taurasi, an extremely tough player mentally, a champion and an MVP", what do you think is gonna happen? You’d think it’s an enlightened statement, but most likely I’ll get slaughtered…

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Now Jalen Green has character issues??? Just stop.

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  17. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

https://www.gq.com/story/jalen-green-nba-draft

18. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

https://landonbuford.com/2021/06/23/jalen-green-is-a-better-person-than-basketball-player/

19. NewAge

NewAge Member

He has a toughness issue on the court, yes.

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. i3artow i3aller

Tragic Mike gonna Tragic Mike.

Verbal Christ likes this.