1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Wizards @ Rockets 10/5/2021 (Preseason)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 5, 2021.

1. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Has anyone given Wood some love on his passing out of the post? He was finding open shooters rather than taking it himself. I was actually really impressed with this since he has been known as a black hole.

2. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Wood/ Olynyk seemed to have flourished last yr. Should they put Thies more at the 4 and play Wood at the 5 OR should they have just resigned Olynyk??

D-rock likes this.
  3. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

4. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

Glad to see our young core dealing with media so confidently as well as showing a sense humor at times, besides i love wht kpj present in the post game interview, mature, manly n professional.

don grahamleone and D-rock like this.
  5. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

Yeah, hustling on both ends of the floor, thats wht a leader gotta to do, look at this block.

Rashmon, D-rock and saleem like this.
  6. Chinese-zhang

Chinese-zhang New Member

KPJ definitely killed it, looking forward for his first whole season as a rocket.
    Jalen didn't shoot well but the ball just didn't fall, showcased his atheletism. Biggest problem is his defense, he is eaten alive by bigger guards, he needs to add more pounds and keep improving his shoot.
    Theis was solid, great complementary part alongside Wood and Sengun, perhaps he will become next PJ Tucker who is gonna leave his primetime here.
    Christopher is a bit of a surprise, we can't win without his firepower. Won't be consistent but he showed the ability to swing the momentum.
    Looking forward to a Jalen Green bounceback and I'm expecting more minutes for Sengun. Also want to see Khyri Thomas play cause he deserves a spot.

7. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Best post of this thread.

hakeem94 and DaDakota like this.
  8. D-rock

D-rock Member

Same old Silas.

don grahamleone likes this.
  9. i3artow i3aller

10. Bo6

Bo6 Member

Olynk flourished but I wouldn't say Wood did when playing next to Kelly.

Go look at Wood's best games last year it was all when he was was starting at the 5.

don grahamleone and D-rock like this.
  11. BonziWellsGOAT

I really didn't mean for it to sound like I was alluding to a bigger issue. Could just be having a bad day idk lol

D-rock likes this.
  12. BonziWellsGOAT

I was pleasantly surprised by the unselfish play the whole team. It was an encouraging sign

13. conquistador#11

I don't need to see Theis shooting 3s. If Wood takes those 3s, he hits 1 of them at least, now he has 12 points. KPJ missed him all wide open for a dunk and instead shot the three. That's another 2 points for Wood. He's at 14 pts. He then goes 2-7 from the free throw line. Could have easily gone for 17pts in 23 minutes, almost his yearly averages. So I'm not too worried that it would require a whole philosophical change in the offense to get Wood his averages.

D-rock likes this.
  14. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

i was pleasantly surprised numerous guys took and hit midrangers...

i am sure the percentage on those was not particularly high but it kept the scoreboard moving and that is important for any team let alone a young team .... thus we avoided long shooting droughts, panic, turnovers and long rebounds that result in 20 pts turnarounds with offenses predicated mostly on shooting 3s

i was particularly surprised theis hit 2 midrangers early

15. saleem

I know you weren't being negative. Usman is a rookie. He needs a lot of time to adjust to the NBA. Sengun is more advanced than him.

16. saleem

Theis can hit the mid range jumper. He’s not good at making 3 point shots.

17. D-rock

D-rock Member

Not about hitting averages but about maximizing your best players and optimizing offense.

Harden-Wood PnR and Pick & Pop was unstoppable.

Silas needs to emphasize this as staple of offense.

Including feeding Wood in post when there is obvious mismatch. There was no one on Wizards who could defend Wood in paint, it was easy money, there for the taking all night long.

Little Bit likes this.
  18. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Wood also needs to improve his positioning in the half court. He seems to not be in the right place. When he is he's a lethal scorer.

saleem likes this.
  19. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Just finished the game. KPJ looked like our best player.

Green had a tough shooting game, but that happens. Oh well. He was getting abused on defense though; that is going to be an issue. He needs to add some lbs.

D-rock likes this.
  20. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Someone serve me crow because I was disrespectful to KPJ.