1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Trade Ideas 2021-22

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jun 3, 2021.

1. Grizzlyshark

Grizzlyshark Member

Rockets get Ricky Rubio

Grizzlies get Eric Gordon and Khyri Thomas

Cavs get Kyle Anderson and Rondo (after he can be amalgamated in a trade, otherwise, Tyuss Jones)

2. Grizzlyshark

Grizzlyshark Member

Scrub this..

I just went on the Grizzlies sub on reddit.

And one most people agreed in was Brooks, Anderson and Steve for Wiggins, Wiseman and Moody.

Like..

.. whoa. I went in there pretty level headed. Shouldnt have expected as much (a top 5 pick for Dillon Brooks and a top 15 pick for Kyle Anderson?.. ).

I went in with the above trade as a baseline to gauge their value. Did not expect 3 lottery picks over the last 2 years, a much improved Wiggins and Stephs first born.

Its getting ugly in there.

3. jch1911

jch1911 Member

So looking like Simmons would be a hold out from 76ers camp... just a hypothetical...if Morey says F it
    Would you do any of the following to acquire Simmons at a "low" price? @D-rock & other CFers
    (1) Trade Eric Gordon + D.J. Augustin + Danuel House + 2023 BRK FRP (top 5 protected) + 2023 MIL FRP (top 5 protected)
    or
    (2) Trade John Wall + unprotected Houston 2022 1st (also Tyrese Maxey coming to Htown)
    or
    (3) some other combination
    or
    (4) not acquire him under any circumstances

Just curious (and this is the random trade idea thread)

This did NOT deserve it's own thread or poll

4. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

Believe me, while both theis n Al P on court, the latter can play the role as a 'part time job'…which could save ferntites millions

5. Grizzlyshark

Grizzlyshark Member

Like i know the value in our facor is there.. but giving up any of our core outside of Wall and Gordon (could mayyyybe be convinced of Tate) for Simmons i think would be a net negative for the team.

Wall + Gordon and the Milwaukee 2023 pick for Simmons and who ever they want to make the money work? All day, every day, awesome value trade for us.

You throw Wood or KPJ or even one of this years rookies (maybe Garuba but even then.. ehhh) and im not convinced.

jch1911, D-rock and rhee like this.
  6. fattz

fattz Member

Not sure we need any trades. Our veterans:
    -Wall would bring back multiple players needing playing time more so then just him of them. —> not good for development of a young team
    -Gordon seem okay in his role and is willing to be on IR with minimum injuries. Perfect for opening playing time for the youth.
    -House is harder to figure because it’s a contract year for him. The Rockets did him a solid by keeping him last year while he worked through personal issues. That was a very classy thing to do, IMO, but was a missed opportunity none the less. IDK, because he will NEED court time to up his next contract and/or trade value. Not ideal for a rebounding team. We will get the “best” House can play till he is re-signed or traded. A S&T is coming but we don’t really need anything back. He is not worth a FRP at the moment & SRP is not worth giving him playing time in front of the re-build. Maybe we get an underachieving project for him.

7. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

8. R=$

R=$ Member

9. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Grizzlyshark likes this.
  10. Grizzlyshark

Grizzlyshark Member

So Love apparently is refusing a buy out.

And the Cavs now have the following salaries wrapped up in big men (yearly salaries - give or take a few $'s):

Jarrett Allen - 5 years. $100m ($20m per)
    Kevin Love - 2 years, $60m ($30m per)
    Lauri Markanan - 4 years, $67m ($16.7m per)
    Evan Mobley (rookie contract) - 4 years, $36m ($9m per)

Next year, they'll be paying these 4 men.. $75.7m

Holy over lap.

While not an ideal scenario, it makes sense why they would want to buy out Love. However, since he has no interest, how about trading for another high value contract that they could work a buy out with?

Its no secret that Wall still wants to play on a competitive team. Buying out his contract may be the only way he does next season.

While it looks like the Rockets are happy to keep him on (and swallow his contract rather than give up a lot of assets to move him), as a die hard Rockets fan i think moving him out of the way for the sake of KPj's development is a better scenario for the team (something that is echoed by a few Rockets fans).

So how about ..

Wall/House/2023 Milwaukee FRP

For

Love/Rubio/2022 Houston 2nd round pick

So instead of paying Wall for two years and him playing in front of KPj (i cant see Wall wilingly come off the bench), the Rockets pay Kevin Love for two years (where he could really help mentor some of the young bigs on the team) and pick up an ideal backup guard for Scoot.

The Rockets may reluctantly give up the Milwaukee pick, but get their own 2022 2nd rounder back.

Rockets depth chart:

KPj/Rubio/Augustine
    Green/Gordon/Christopher
    Tate/KJ/Nwaba/Khyri
    Thies/Love/Garuba
    Wood/Sengun

Cavs from what i understand wanted Rubio as a backup 1 guard to Garland (assuming they take a trade for Sexton before the season starts) but have to let him go to make the money work. They do get Danuel House who should help with their dire lack of wing depth.

Cavs depth chart (as of now and with a Wall buyout):

Garland/
    Sexton/Dodson
    Okoro/House/Cedi
    Mobley/Wade
    Allen/Lauri?

Weird.

snowconeman22 and Shark44 like this.
  11. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Trade #1: John Wall and 3 picks (various protections) to Toronto for OG and FVV.

Trade #2: Gordon, Theis (Dec 15) and House to Brooklyn for Joe Harris and DeAndre Jordan (bet he'd like to retire in Houston). Trade away Joe Harris to the Pelicans for Valanciunas + a pick or young player.

Pretty sure that gives us a max slot in 2022 if Wood opts out, plus we still have 3 picks (including Pelicans' pick) and 1 swap in the next 3 years. Honestly this roster could compete for homecourt, and would improve rapidly year on year.

Valanciunas/Sengun
    Wood/Garuba/KJ
    OG/Tate/KJ
    Green/KPJ
    KPJ/FVV(heavy minutes)

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  12. dmoneybangbang

I like it on paper but really crowds our front court. Rubio is on the last year and is a better option than Wall for where we are.

13. ballgame

ballgame Member

Is Milwaukee's 2023 FRP is unprotected? If so, then no. It'll have to be a protected pick. Also, Love hasn't played since Akeem wad at UH, at least Wall played some last yr

14. Grizzlyshark

Grizzlyshark Member

It.. only kinda crowds our front court in my opinion.

Considering we only have 3 guys who primarily play the 4 and 5 (and cant/shouldnt play the 3) im not sure its super crowded.
    Nwaba and Kyri can play either wing and Kj can play either forward spot.

It accomplishes two things.
    1. Have someone wiling to come off the bench
    2. (Most importantly) gets Wall out of the way of KPj playing point guard.

#554 Grizzlyshark, Aug 28, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2021
  15. Grizzlyshark

Grizzlyshark Member

Yeah it is, i included it as kind of a make good. While Wall may be willing to help with a buy out, it will ultimately cost the organisation more than it would Love (if he WAS willing) plus Rubio > House.

We get our 2nd back next year which should be in the 30-40 range. The Bucks pick IMO will be around 25-30 in 2023. So its not a HUGE downgrade in value. Plus i think next years class is more loaded (similar to this years) than 2023 (unless they do the double draft thing, but i think thats on ice for a while).

16. fattz

fattz Member

Wall & House
    For
    Love & Rubio
    Let’s keep our picks. Deal straight or not at all because we are not broken as we sit. This trade opens up areas for both teams to develop from the newly drafted players. Money works and Rubio is in his last year so he can be easily moved at the trade-dead line. Wood could be moved if the another team wants to overpays.

#556 fattz, Aug 28, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2021
  17. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I don't even swap him for Wall ..... We get out of that contract next year and it actually has some value as an expiring and its possible there are better players available at that point. That's when you package that big contract along with draft assets to bring in an established star to play along with your young core.
    Can't rush the process .... let the young guys take their lumps this year & add another lottery talent to the mix , then the following year the Wall blockbuster goes down and this team is an instant long term contender.

18. D-rock

D-rock Member

This endless fascination for Love AND Rubio just makes my head hurt.

Os Trigonum and snowconeman22 like this.
  19. SRR21

SRR21 Member

Love is done as a Nba player.
    His injury history and mental state have destroyed his basketball ability. He is there for the paycheck only.

D-rock and snowconeman22 like this.
  20. prodigy08

prodigy08 Clutchfans Lurker

I'd rather keep Wall than have Love and Rubio on the team. Those 2 are worst when it comes to actual return of investment